Topic: BF4 - what are you running? what is the performance?

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Know there is prob a particular section for this but....

Have conned the mrs into letting me do a cheap upgrade to my PC  :)
To be more precise  she we decided to spend a whole lot on her so we I decided to spend a wee bit on myself.

***sighs and remembers a simpler time when he was the master of his own universe***

Anyway....

Currently my CPU is the main bottleneck running at 99% while using only 70% of my Ram and my 2xHD5770's are only using 50-60% of the GPU and 75% of their Ram.
Am I correct to assume that in my case an SSD would make a negligible difference?

Am considering getting the items below

AMD FX8350 $274.55
8gb Gkill ripjaw DDR3 1600  $108
Asus Sabertooth Motherboard $290.50

$673.05 plus $20 to courier to Sth Island

Will upgrade vid card in near future and then SSD

I was having cuntugly problems, reinstall drivers, turn off motion blur with the cfg, install special nvidia thing in the root dir, punkbuster update, update bios made my game run 90% smoother.

special emphasis on punkbuster. It's what worked for me

Reply #25 Posted: February 04, 2014, 09:31:22 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Sgt

• I Posted!
  • Sgt has no influence.
Specs

Q6600 @ 3.6
2xhd5770
6gb ddr2 800
1tb sata hdd
Win 8.1
1920x1080@60hz
All settings low
25-60fps
3-4 min loads on some maps

CPU is hitting 95-99% pretty much constantly
64p is close to unplayable on most maps 20-45fps on 32p 3/4 of the time it is playable 35-50fps up to 60 ocasionally
and low as 25.

Cant really see the point in an SSD just to load in super quick just to have it run like crap.

Reply #26 Posted: February 04, 2014, 09:34:42 pm

Offline Sgt

• I Posted!
  • Sgt has no influence.
I was having cuntugly problems, reinstall drivers, turn off motion blur with the cfg, install special nvidia thing in the root dir, punkbuster update, update bios made my game run 90% smoother.

special emphasis on punkbuster. It's what worked for me

Have used BF4 settings editor to put everything on lowest
Generally manually update PB each time before I play

Over the past month I have tried every setup with the gear I have to get it to run better
win7, win 8, win 8.1 few different catalyst drivers, diff HDDs 3"5 1tb sata , 2"5 120gb sata and 3"5 IDE 320gb

Surprisingly the IDE HDD had a load time of only 45sec before it decided to die on me.

Reply #27 Posted: February 04, 2014, 09:43:55 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
You're right with the sdd comment.

Reply #28 Posted: February 05, 2014, 12:16:40 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Your CPU is a huge bottleneck, those things are old as balls now. You may want to consider a core upgrade if you have the cash

Reply #29 Posted: February 05, 2014, 02:57:18 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
I upped my MB and got an AMD 8350 @4.3 (from a q6600) and 8gig ddr3 ram, much more better. All ultra, smooth 60 with vsync on. R9 280X card.

Actually I have turned AA off and AA post process as well, but upped the resolution scale to 110%. Makes things crisp so it's much easier to spot people.
Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:15:23 pm by bigROBOTbill

Reply #30 Posted: February 07, 2014, 05:45:20 pm

Offline nzholty

• I Posted!
  • nzholty has no influence.
Win 7 64
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz
16 Gig Ram
7950 OC 3 Gig
250 Gig Samsung 840 SSD + 1 Tb WD Black
22" Samsung 1680x1050

Running on Ultra & getting between 40~60 FPS

Reply #31 Posted: February 10, 2014, 05:44:10 pm
Women like to pretend it is hurting, this is for your ego, remember babies come out of there!
So unless you have a cock as fat as a babies head, stop fooling yourself.

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
Just had a quick play with some new stuff at work

65" 4k TV + GTX Titian.

Getting around 30fps all Ultra. Had to turn it down a bit tho because it would drop to 8fps on some scenes

Reply #32 Posted: February 11, 2014, 04:15:35 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline campoki

• Just settled in
  • campoki has no influence.
After many years of not upgrading shall I get a evga gtx 770 or 780 sc act. Huge price difference...

Reply #33 Posted: March 11, 2014, 10:46:27 pm
GOD DAMN SNIPERS!!!

Selects sv99, take that BITCHES

Offline R.Flagg

• I Posted!
  • R.Flagg has no influence.
Hi all,

I have been happily playing BF3 (Premium) on my old rig - in fact I am still playing BF3 as we speak - but I was wondering if BF4 would run at all on this config:

Q9550, 8GB RAM, 4890 1GB, Samsung 840Pro SSD, Windows 7
(and a lot more crap that isn't relevant)

I've tried the BF4 demo and it ran like puppy diarrhoea through a coffee filter but it did for most folks with more recent rigs than mine. Unlike most, BF4 demo rarely crashed at my end, it just dipped to single level digits, even at all low settings.

So I was wondering if the final, patched and overhauled BF4 product would actually run any better or if my cash would be better spend on some more flat whites? (Being a Wellingtonian after all..)

My reason for asking is that I have been looking into upgrading the lot but when researching CPU benchmarks, I found that those new i5s surely are quicker .. but aren't blowing the Q9550 completely out of the water.  A high-spec i7 just isn't in the cards at the moment.

Reply #34 Posted: March 19, 2014, 06:12:17 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
The full game runs a lot better for me than the beta did, but it's a bit of a lottery with BF4 performance haha.

Reply #35 Posted: March 19, 2014, 10:47:27 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Mines pretty stable now. It's pretty much just game play mechanics that are still broken.

Reply #36 Posted: March 19, 2014, 11:41:54 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K