Topic: Heroes of the Storm, anyone?

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Me and Nev have been smashing out a few games.

Anyone around here got access to the Alpha too?

Would be badass to get a few more in for some PWNAGE.

Xeno#1892

Posted: July 14, 2014, 09:40:48 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Was watching a few friends play this.

Was fun looking, team coop type game, interestingly done.

But ultimately it just felt like a bad version of league/dota.

Did like the characters just not the implementation.

Reply #1 Posted: July 15, 2014, 08:31:00 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Was watching a few friends play this.

Was fun looking, team coop type game, interestingly done.

But ultimately it just felt like a bad version of league/dota.

Did like the characters just not the implementation.
I've tried to play both DOTA and LoL, I couldn't get into either.

They have a steep learning curve, item knowledge etc... I don't mind the gameplay of MOBA, just CBF learning every in and out.

HoTS is easy to pick up, you pick "talents" instead of items, and this is where you differentiate builds.

The talents allow you to pick a different build in the game, i.e different ultimates, or buff skill x instead of skill y. You can't change them once you've picked them, so they are kinda important.

The map objectives also allow for the balance to shift from team to team more easily.

One of the games last night we were behind on the objectives and about 3 levels, we decided we'd go for the map objectives when they were live, we ended up a level ahead and won the game. That's the kind of stuff you don't see in LoL, if a team gets in front, 95% of the time they stay there

Reply #2 Posted: July 15, 2014, 01:51:29 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!

The map objectives also allow for the balance to shift from team to team more easily.

I find the opposite, we saw alot of choke points ie: unable to get doubloons or even hand them in, so it was kind of once level dominance was there, gg game over, no recovery.

Reply #3 Posted: July 15, 2014, 02:47:08 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
I find the opposite, we saw alot of choke points ie: unable to get doubloons or even hand them in, so it was kind of once level dominance was there, gg game over, no recovery.

Yea a good team will dominate you if you let them get ahead to early, but that is the case with any game. Realising that the only modes out at the moment are just 5v5 and there is no matchmaking, you are coming up against people that could be premade groups and they should dominate you

But in regards to the game xeno was talking about, the other team got an advantage and our team had to work more as a team to overcome them and end up clawing our way back for the win.

I also really like the game, Item knowledge and the skill curve in Lol/Dota of Denying/creep killing, made the game far less enjoyable. HotS has simplified that down allowing the actual gameplay to be focused on.

Reply #4 Posted: July 15, 2014, 09:17:07 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
Yea a good team will dominate you if you let them get ahead to early, but that is the case with any game. Realising that the only modes out at the moment are just 5v5 and there is no matchmaking, you are coming up against people that could be premade groups and they should dominate you

Actually league is making steps towards improving this (i can see how i sound like a LoL whore right now), but making simple changes like increasing XP range so you cant be zoned from experience if your behind, and team which is behind gets more XP and gold from a dragon.

Obviously there are still mechanics to screw with this - if your ahead dont let the other team dragon.

But they are making it less and less snowbally, which i really like, nothing like a bad laning phase screwing up and entire game, or bad positioning, at least you can come back now.

Reply #5 Posted: July 16, 2014, 09:07:59 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Gotta beta invite, but I'm useless at MOBA's.

Reply #6 Posted: July 16, 2014, 09:29:51 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Gotta beta invite, but I'm useless at MOBA's.
Will probably be on tonight if you want to tag along  ;D ;D

I think you need to get to level ?3? before you can do pvp, can get you there in a few hrs.

Add me in game, the existing bnet friends list doesn't carry over for the alpha.

Reply #7 Posted: July 16, 2014, 12:20:04 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
Actually league is making steps towards improving this (i can see how i sound like a LoL whore right now), but making simple changes like increasing XP range so you cant be zoned from experience if your behind, and team which is behind gets more XP and gold from a dragon.

Obviously there are still mechanics to screw with this - if your ahead dont let the other team dragon.

But they are making it less and less snowbally, which i really like, nothing like a bad laning phase screwing up and entire game, or bad positioning, at least you can come back now.

You can improve it, for sure, but I fail to see how you can stop it, all that will happen is that it becomes the other team denying you from getting those xp catchups which they should be able to do easily as they allready have an advantage. I would love to think that it were possible, comebacks are hard and when they happen they are usually well deserved, but if your team was putting the effort in early and got a lead, it would be annoying to know that the other team wasn't disadvantaged by your lead now and that they have just as much chance of winning.

Reply #8 Posted: July 16, 2014, 05:06:35 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
anybody still playing this, massive sale on Blizzard stuff for Black friday  HOTS expansion only $9.99

Reply #9 Posted: November 28, 2014, 11:00:03 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I gave it a shot but I just can't get into MOBA. The competitiveness of it ruins the interest for me.

Reply #10 Posted: November 28, 2014, 11:34:10 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I gave it a shot but I just can't get into MOBA. The competitiveness of it ruins the interest for me.
Retardobots opinion is the same as mine

The learning curve for competition is very steep, and the only point of DOTA style games is competition.

It is like having a pizza eating competition where the only prize is another pizza eating competition

Reply #11 Posted: November 28, 2014, 02:45:19 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Don't try the Hell Christmas pizza, it's no good.

Unless you like salty cheese, with cheese on top.

Reply #12 Posted: December 12, 2014, 04:16:15 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
HoTS isn't competitive :<

Reply #13 Posted: January 28, 2015, 10:06:00 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Yea its actually fun.

Reply #14 Posted: January 29, 2015, 12:02:47 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

So I've been giving MOBA's another shot.

SuperNova is really fun, and today I've gone through the tutorial in HotS and gotten in a few practice games and quite like it.

RetardoBot#6427 Hit me up, I'm learning and am very fresh, but am having fun so don't expect much from me if we have fun babe times online.

Reply #15 Posted: August 02, 2015, 05:01:45 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I've just been roped in to playing this as well, figured I'd give it a shot since there isn't much else going on online. Learning phase tonight

speakmannz#1675

Reply #16 Posted: August 02, 2015, 06:16:42 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Added yall. I'm Saucy#1810 for anyone else.

Reply #17 Posted: August 02, 2015, 07:21:12 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Added yew lot - Mayhemlee#1508 for the add's played this a bit in Beta should prob get back into it

Reply #18 Posted: August 02, 2015, 08:42:09 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Added yew lot - Mayhemlee#1508 for the add's played this a bit in Beta should prob get back into it

Mrs. is a Diablo fiend like myself. She just had a blat on the HotS tutorial. Loved it so hopefully this the start of her being my wingman in game.

Reply #19 Posted: August 02, 2015, 09:40:54 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I played this against bots on easy, and got totally destroyed.

I would hate to see what happens against an actual human player.
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:14:15 am by Plain old Spacemonkey

Reply #20 Posted: August 03, 2015, 09:04:54 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Have upgraded to online play - human team vs AI team.

Much fun.

Might be the first F2P title I spend money on.

Reply #21 Posted: August 03, 2015, 10:14:38 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
lost interest in the quick match system, cant be bothered to grind to play in the other tiers...

quick match and the horrendous shite teamwork out there hurts me too much...  and it has so much promise

Reply #22 Posted: August 03, 2015, 01:09:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I'm OK with the tier system. I'm a the bottom of the barrel so I'm in no hurry to be classed in a better rank. However, I have occasionally wondered what the motives are behind some players. Often, I've been left to take down an enemy's core while the other 4 players are pissing about in lanes.

Still a fucking awesome game.

Reply #23 Posted: August 03, 2015, 02:57:17 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I am toofast#6631. Been playing the game occasionally, due to lack of anything better to play. Kinda fun to play, but I feel like its just a bit to casual to ever play super seriously. But the upside to that is you don't have to put too much effort into it, compared to games like dota2/hon.

Also I do like the heavy objectives and such. Makes it easy to force teamwork, without the game having to be too intense.

Reply #24 Posted: August 07, 2015, 08:12:04 am