Topic: The Gamer Manwha

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
The Gamer is a Manwha (Korean Comic) based around the exploits of a Korean Student who one day wakes up with the ability of "The Gamer" that allows him to see everyones attributes, abilities, and level just as if the Real World was like a video game.

I've been following this for a while now because it clearly explains why video game elements exist. Plus it is an excellent read.

It turns out that the world is much stranger than he could ever imagine. Starting with his best friend who has a huge level and a unique title.
http://www.mangapanda.com/the-gamer/1/1

Posted: August 05, 2014, 04:46:11 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Starting with his best friend who has a huge level and a unique title.

I have a huge level....

In my pants!

Reply #1 Posted: August 05, 2014, 05:36:54 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I have a huge level....

In my pants!

http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-warrior--61/monkey-grip--1978/
Monkey Grip
You are able to use a larger weapon than other people your size.
Prerequisite
Base attack bonus +1,
Benefit

You can use melee weapons one size category larger than you are with a -2 penalty on the attack roll

Reply #2 Posted: August 05, 2014, 08:43:34 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Tiwa I meant to ask

Do you have an android phone?

Reply #3 Posted: August 05, 2014, 10:24:43 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tiwaking!

Tiwa I meant to ask

Do you have an android phone?
Why Yes. Yes I do
Unfortunately it is a Nexus One and I can not run Ingress on it. Or use my MyVu Personal Media Viewer with it

Reply #4 Posted: August 05, 2014, 11:02:18 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
If I might be so bold, and if you already haven't stumbled across it already, go download / purchase Manga Rock

Manga has taken up 10x as much of my life now that I can read manga on the go!

Also I think I may have mentioned this before - but have you read "Girls of the Wild'S"

Reply #5 Posted: August 06, 2014, 12:07:15 am

Offline Tiwaking!

If I might be so bold
You may not

I spend my time reading Naruto (which for some reason is still going) and The Gamer (because there was a two week break with no Naruto).

Oh and making fun of Bleach fans because Bleach has been terrible since the end of the Soul Society arc ten or more years ago.

Reply #6 Posted: August 06, 2014, 08:55:49 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Oh and making fun of Bleach fans because Bleach has been terrible since the end of the Soul Society arc ten or more years ago.
And now Naruto just joined the ranks of terribleness

All I have left is this Manwha

Reply #7 Posted: August 07, 2014, 09:30:44 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Han Jee Han - The most broken character ever
Creates Time Chamber
Runs to increase Stamina
Wears weights to increase Strength
All while grinding Mana Shield and Elemental Summoning
Gains Wisdom for just coming up with this idea

Reply #8 Posted: August 10, 2014, 09:33:13 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
hes upset that his future job would be grinding for money...

Reply #9 Posted: August 19, 2014, 09:26:05 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I know!!

This comic is fantastic. The writer has thought of everything.

I wonder who those dudes chatting on the Internet Forum are and if they will be able to get rid of the other Natural Talent User the "Existence Eater"

Reply #10 Posted: August 19, 2014, 09:40:19 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Oh that internet, ruining people everywhere

edit: messed up the link
Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:48:57 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #11 Posted: August 24, 2014, 08:29:17 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

He plays Real  Life  the way I play Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind

Although, this is a bit extreme :\
Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:23:42 am by Tiwaking!

Reply #12 Posted: September 01, 2014, 09:21:29 am

Offline Tiwaking!

A magical Cellphone Strap and Case?!

And the creation of an incredibly broken cheesy character

Reply #13 Posted: September 06, 2014, 12:19:40 am

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
need that mana regen, wtb clarity

Reply #14 Posted: September 07, 2014, 09:29:18 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Han Jee-Han is a ridiculous character

This guy is absolutely hax. He can endure 77 bullets a minute

Reply #15 Posted: September 21, 2014, 05:47:47 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Nooo!! This episodes Manwha ends with the beginning of a fight! Why would you do this Sung San-young?!

Reply #16 Posted: September 26, 2014, 04:14:02 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Man this guy gets some phat lewts. Check it out. They are worth about a million won each!

Reply #17 Posted: November 09, 2014, 04:58:39 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

How the hell did this punk get to level 98 summoning ability? And why has the artist been so lazy? It took him two months for an update! :|

edit:Oh yeah, and now he can fly

pff. Lame
Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:59:05 am by Tiwaking!

Reply #18 Posted: January 10, 2015, 09:51:26 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
I'm waiting for Han Jee-Han to have a 5 way with the loliWitch, FireyRedHead, BlackSoulBetty and let's not forget, Auntie Poong Sae-Young. How often does this manga update, Tiwa?

Reply #19 Posted: January 17, 2015, 06:35:59 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

This manwha updates every week, but the translations come out at random times. Han Jee Han doesnt fight enough boss mobs. He wasted an entire release cleaning up trash mobs!

Reply #20 Posted: January 17, 2015, 07:43:02 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
If I might be so bold
You may not

I spend my time reading Naruto (which for some reason is still going) and The Gamer (because there was a two week break with no Naruto).

10 or so years ago I stopped watching the anime because the amount of fillers eventually built up into their own non character developing arc. It was ridonkulus.
Then after the new year I got bored and started it again. Lucky for me there are nifty folks out there who have made a categorical list of all filler eps.
Some 400 episodes to watch? Suddenly ~200!
Boom, finished Soul Society arc. Now what? I dunno why I even started the new one, there's only 10 eps left and I have no intention at all of reading the manga... if that even is still a thing.

Seems to be the way of all things mangaly.
Most especially when they're decent.

Ruroni Kenshin did the same thing :<
Slowly built up a massive arc out of smaller ones, was epic, then suddenly done... but still going, but still going, but still going... D:

Hmm. Mebbe I'll gaan watch that next like.
Nostalgia, get in me!

*** Turns out they made a live action film just the other year. And I watched it.
And there's a sequel that came out last year (2014).
Still the same stories though.

Reply #21 Posted: January 20, 2015, 01:22:02 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

Seems to be the way of all things mangaly.
Most especially when they're decent.

Ruroni Kenshin did the same thing :<
Slowly built up a massive arc out of smaller ones, was epic, then suddenly done... but still going, but still going, but still going... D:

Hmm. Mebbe I'll gaan watch that next like.
Nostalgia, get in me!
I quite liked Rurouni Kenshin, but it got too silly. Naruto needs some serious pruning done to a lot of the final manga's. Most of them go nowhere. Some of the characters went nowhere i.e Sai, Sakura. Obito gets to die multiple times and have a terribly ham fisted attempt to persuade the reader that, although he tried murdering a 10 second year old baby, he'd really had a change of heart guys!

I found a channel on YouTube that had the Naruto Anime and tried watching a random episode (Gaara vs 4th Kazekage). It started badly when they had a flashback to Gaara's death NINE YEARS AGO which was also the time when I had stopped watching the Naruto Anime. I doubt if I'll ever watch the rest of Shippuuden. It is mostly filler, flashbacks, and complete garbage
*** Turns out they made a live action film just the other year. And I watched it.
And there's a sequel that came out last year (2014).
Still the same stories though.
Wait, they released the Rurouni Kenshin movie?! I am totally going to watch that! That series was fun, but it got ridiculous in the end. That guy with the "Sword that burns with the fat of all his enemies he killed"? What the hell was that :\
edit:Fixing size
Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:51:16 pm by Tiwaking!

Reply #22 Posted: January 20, 2015, 04:18:20 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, it did get mad. It's also disappointing that it's the main arc. The guy is stupidly strong to the point where they're pretty much a god amongst warriors, with no weaknesses whatsoever (again a common theme in anime again, Bleach had the same thing with aizen)... and then at the end of it all Kenshin didn't even defeat him, just outlasted him :<

It's kinda an anticlimax. Also makes the hero less heroic in a way. Detracts from the character a bit.

I like a good underdog story.
I don't like it when the underdog slaves away to be better, cumulating in a big final battle in which it's portrayed that all that hard work was for nothing and Mr bad guy is just toying with them still, but then somehow (usually because of some kind of vain characteristic) end up sucumming to their own skills.

That's not a win. That's just narrowly avoiding death, and through no effort on their part either.
It was an f'n long time ago, but iirc it was a similar motif between Naruto v Gaara - although that may have had something to do with deamon fox, so not quite the same thing. IDK.

In any case, I loved Kenshin in the buildup to the Shishio Matako arc. But then it got a bit silly. And then after that it was pretty much just filler until series end (iirc, longer than one would expect).

Reply #23 Posted: January 23, 2015, 09:01:57 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

That's not a win. That's just narrowly avoiding death, and through no effort on their part either.
It was an f'n long time ago, but iirc it was a similar motif between Naruto v Gaara - although that may have had something to do with deamon fox, so not quite the same thing. IDK.
Naruto vs Gaara was a fantastic fight, one of the best of the series. They were both equal in power and once they were both down, Naruto was still going to try and fight.

It even explains why when Temari and Kankuro turn up they did not think "Hey!! It is that blond kid from earlier. He looks pretty beat up. Lets stab him!"

The Naruto series always explains why people just didnt stab Naruto once he went down. Usually it is because there are people around to defend him. It is one of the key themes

Reply #24 Posted: January 23, 2015, 09:11:27 am