Topic: Games to look forward to in 2015

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I'd like to get Rise of the Tomb Raider as I really liked the reboot, but since Square Enix decided to make a exclusivtity deal with MS, I don't know when it'll be out for PS4 or PC.

The only game I'm really looking forward to is Arkham Knight.

Reply #25 Posted: January 19, 2015, 03:35:22 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Star Citizen and Galactic Civ 3,other than that i haven't seen anything else that looks promising.
Since apparently I am the only pessimist in this entire forum, here are some games that do look promising (though Endless Legend doesnt count because it is demonstrably good)
http://www.explorminate.com/4x-games-of-2015/
At The Gates
Developer: Conifer Games
This one reminds me of the Norse Civilization from Age of Mythology, except it is a turn based strategy. Endless Legend has a similar race that does this too. Having this idea as the central mechanic to a game looks interesting
StarDrive 2
Developer: ZeroSum Games
Turn based strategy 4X space game with real time battles? Yes please!
Stars in Shadow
Developer: Ashdar Games
A 4x game made by two guys. It is made by just two guys!

Reply #26 Posted: January 19, 2015, 11:50:58 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
GTA IV is now available for pre order for 75$ USD

Think I might pre order so that I won't miss out on any of the online buzz. The longer you wait, the less people will be playing.

$96 NZD for a game though..

A bit steep for a game that came out in MMVIII...

Yep 17th September 2013 release date, so now not worth than $20 max. If Cockstar don't like that logic, they should release for PC at the same time (or better yet first/exclusive).

I will not pay top dollar to be sloppy seconds for console peasants.

Oh, you mean there's a 'new' port?
Yeah fuck that. It's not a game to look FORWARD to at all.

Reply #27 Posted: January 20, 2015, 12:59:30 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
Star Citizen and Galactic Civ 3,other than that i haven't seen anything else that looks promising.
Since apparently I am the only pessimist in this entire forum, here are some games that do look promising (though Endless Legend doesnt count because it is demonstrably good)
At The Gates
This one reminds me of the Norse Civilization from Age of Mythology, except it is a turn based strategy. Endless Legend has a similar race that does this too. Having this idea as the central mechanic to a game looks interesting
StarDrive 2
Stars in Shadow

Yeah iv been watching sd2 Tiwa,hopefully the devs show a bit more faith than the 1st one.

shits getting pretty desperate for a decent 4x at mo

Reply #28 Posted: January 20, 2015, 05:58:47 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I never got to play this when it was made. It was the last of the point and click adventure games before the genre died

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/09/grand-fandango-remastered-review

Reply #29 Posted: February 09, 2015, 11:11:00 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I'm looking forward to more sequels, kickstarter failures and more "hilarious" joke games like goat simulator!

Reply #30 Posted: February 10, 2015, 12:16:41 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I'm looking forward to more sequels, kickstarter failures and more "hilarious" joke games like goat simulator!

And reboots of existing, modern, and active IP.

Reply #31 Posted: February 11, 2015, 10:51:05 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I never got to play this when it was made. It was the last of the point and click adventure games before the genre died

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/09/grand-fandango-remastered-review

I bought it, even though I still have the original. I'm pretty sure Grim Fandango fucks up on most modern pc's anyway.

Which is still slightly the case with the remake. It has it's odd graphical glitches in slight moments which almost felt nostalgic to how the game used to run. Still it was great fun playing it again. Could be nostalgia goggles though.

Reply #32 Posted: February 11, 2015, 06:07:35 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tiwaking!

It seems the explorminate website has fallen prey to malware. Thankfully someone archived it: https://web.archive.org/web/20150119222624/http://www.explorminate.com/4x-games-of-2015
At The Gates
StarDrive 2
Stars in Shadow

Having mastered it: Endless Legend is a terrible game. Too many strange and stupid game idea decisions were put into it.
At The Gates - didnt get released until 2019. It was alright but was missing a lot of features, basic features which the game should have been released with.
Stardrive 2 in theory should be the best space game ever, but it is let down because of monster closets. If you dont know what a monster closet is, it is a 'feature' of Doom 3 where monsters were scripted to appear and would appear out of thin air in areas which were dead ends, basically monsters suddenly appearing in closets. Stardrive 2 has the same problem, with hyper aggressive invincible aliens suddenly appearing if you blunder your way into one of the closets through no fault of your own. Im not sure if the computer triggers monster closets too.
Stars in Shadow released in 2017 was one of the best Master of Orion 2 clones. Unfortunately its combat is poo and it is a Master of Orion 2 clone so I might as well just play MOO 2.
Homeworld:Shipbreakers, but that's probably years away.

Star Citizen too I guess.

Star Citizen: 10 years in Alpha. What a scam

Reply #33 Posted: June 18, 2022, 08:15:09 pm