Topic: Arma II Operation Arrowhead; Wasteland server suggestion.

Offline Mr. MeltingPineapple

• I Posted!
  • Mr. MeltingPineapple has no influence.
Steam name: meltingpineapple
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:56006494

Hey guys, so i have this on my mind for a while now to ask to set up a server for Arma 2. I know the game is fairly old now but there are still a lot of people who play it. I was thinking the game type could be wasteland since it is such a popular game type on it.

For those who don't know, Wasteland mod is a harsh survival game where you fight other players and each time you successfully kill someone, you get money which you can use to buy weapons. You are also able to build bases, get special vehicles by doing missions, fly or drive helicopters, jets tank etc. It is a lot of fun in my opinion and i would be absolutely thrilled if a server could be made but this wont only benefit me because there are not many au/nz wasteland servers around but there are still people in au/nz who want to play this without having a high ping. If you could, take this into consideration.

Sincerely, MeltingPineapple.

Posted: April 19, 2014, 05:37:33 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Why wasteland over Arma3 mods?

Reply #1 Posted: April 19, 2014, 08:58:57 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

• I Posted!
Good point, yeah i suppose one on Arma 3 would be better wouldn't it.

Reply #2 Posted: April 20, 2014, 09:20:32 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
So we have battle royale, what other mods are popular?

Reply #3 Posted: April 20, 2014, 10:03:03 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

• I Posted!
Hmmm, well there is realism which is pretty much, you start off at a base and you have to attack towns and take them over, that is usually a lot of fun but im unsure if it is on Arma 3 but other than that, those are the two most popular apart from the dayz mod. Oh there are mods for dayz in Arma 2, basically editing dayz to have more things in it and there is also a dayz mod for Arma 3 now. But for mod choice, i would go with wasteland. Its just general fun and a lot of people love it.

Reply #4 Posted: April 20, 2014, 01:28:27 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Wasteland would be good for a bit of more fast paced action, rolling solo or in a group, though can I also suggest having a look into Breaking Point for Arma 3. It's a lot like the DayZ mod but includes levelling and factions.

Reply #5 Posted: April 20, 2014, 05:51:19 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

• I Posted!
Yeah, Breaking Point is a great mod, its basically a cross between Wasteland and Day Z, although its still long lasting like Day Z.

Reply #6 Posted: April 20, 2014, 06:21:03 pm

• I Posted!
Actually, s8. chilly429 (You may know how) made a point. Me and him play a lot of Arma and we both agree that Arma 2 would be better. One, more people have it than Arma 3, two, its much easier to use, four, there is more content in Arma 2 and Arma 3 has way too much of a big map and just gets boring and also, apparently, Arma 3 isn't very user friendly either.

Reply #7 Posted: April 20, 2014, 09:35:25 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Why not Wasteland on arma 3?

http://a3wasteland.com/

Arma 3 isn't too bad, Although I haven't played the shit out of either, I feel arma 3 feels better.

One, more people have it than Arma 3,
two, its much easier to use,
 four, there is more content in Arma 2 and Arma 3 has way too much of a big map and just gets boring and also, apparently, Arma 3 isn't very user friendly either.

Was point 3 not that important? ;)

Reply #8 Posted: April 21, 2014, 09:55:35 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

• I Posted!
My grammar is amazing i know but still, Arma 3 is has its goods and bad sides to it which are pretty much equal and so does Arma 2, so when that's the case, you mainly want to go to where how many people actually play either Arma 2 or Arma 3 and i know Arma 2 has more people on it and also, the map is much bigger in Arma 3 and wasteland is one of those, fun quick types of game modes where you want space but not too much.

Reply #9 Posted: April 21, 2014, 10:54:16 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
the map is much bigger in Arma 3 and wasteland is one of those, fun quick types of game modes where you want space but not too much.

This is where Stratis comes in. I play most nights on an American server (Sa-Matra US #6) with a bunch of dudes from Oz and the server is usually full with I think 70 players on Stratis. It's a good bit of fun.

Reply #10 Posted: April 30, 2014, 08:29:22 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

• I Posted!
Yeah usually a big map with lots of players is a lot of fun and when you think about it, having a smaller map with lots of players gets too crowded and you die really quickly, its better to have a long lasting game than a short one.

Reply #11 Posted: May 01, 2014, 03:04:51 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
70 on Stratis is probably the max I'd have before it started to get over-crowded. Even with 70 people though, our group of usually about 4-8 people have a lot of fun, either holding a gun store or assault one, moving in on missions etc. Plus, the quick respawns and the ability to revive make the game that much more enjoyable. Of course they have Sa-Matra servers on Altis, but even 70-80 people on that map just isn't enough.

Reply #12 Posted: May 01, 2014, 04:27:26 pm
Dr. λculał

• I Posted!
Yeah and the point of revival on Arma 3 is very good since Arma 2 wasteland dosnt have that and still, Arma 3's map is still bigger than Arma 2's so you have a bit more things to do as well as the fact of game interface and physics being more smooth in Arma 3.

Reply #13 Posted: May 02, 2014, 09:42:03 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
A
B
A
B
A
B

?

Reply #14 Posted: May 02, 2014, 10:13:00 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

• I Posted!
Alright topic change, Arma 3 Wasteland Server.

Reply #15 Posted: May 02, 2014, 04:43:32 pm

Offline deathnz1

• Just settled in
  • deathnz1 has no influence.
Arma 2 is dead the few servers that are left are all struggling. Gamespy is also shutting down soon and Arma2 wont have any server browser support for a while I believe. They are fixing ARMA3 to work with steam and plan on doing the same for A2 but A2 wont be done straight away.

Best arma 3 mods right now.
Wasteland - Sa-Matra Version
King of the Hill - Hostiletakeover/Sa-Matra Version
Breaking Point
Battle Royale

I am one of the senior admins over at codefourgaming.com and https://wasteland.arma.su/

Sa-Matra has coded the best wasteland in arma2/arma3 however his code for arma2 was stolen from 404. To host anything now you need to apply and it can take some time to get a reply. http://forums.arma.su/
I do not reply to server host apps however normally to be allowed to host there would be need for the servers in aus/nz currently the aus Sa-matra wasteland server doesn't full up so they would probably say no to that. I also believe a second aus KotH server will be up soon so they probably don't know if there is need for it currently

Currently ARMA3 can only support max of 70 players on a Server. Any higher then 70 and your server will start to see all sorts of problems, They have slowly been releasing patches that have made the player count go higher and higher however it seems to have stopped at 70 for now. Any server you see with over 70 slots will be having a lot more problems and will probably crashing a lot.

Arma 3 servers also require a lot more then Arma 2 servers.

Reply #16 Posted: May 09, 2014, 11:56:40 pm

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
Old Warfare mod for Arma 2 in A3 is CTI or Capture the island.

Reply #17 Posted: May 15, 2014, 11:36:11 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Best arma 3 mods right now.
Wasteland - Sa-Matra Version
King of the Hill - Hostiletakeover/Sa-Matra Version
Breaking Point
Battle Royale

Yes
Yes
Yes
and
Yes(From what I've seen)

The first 3 are my most played game modes on Arma currently, haven't tried out Battle Royale yet but have watched a lot of videos and livestreams for it and it seems awesome.

Reply #18 Posted: May 18, 2014, 10:53:26 am
Dr. λculał