Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Powerwall sounds pretty neat. Like what huts have had for yonks but betterer. I like the sound of that.

As for what G-dizzle just said, there was that TED talk guy (so I took it with a bit of hyperbolic salt) going on about ion carbon tubes or something. Seemed like pretty damn cool tech. Put a thin transparent film over your windows and it both creates electricity and sheilds from the sun, or somesuch.
Can't be arsed to find video tho :<

The aluminium battery sems pretty neato, until you think that you've just swapped coal for oil for bauxite, which is already relatively scarce (or so I was lead to believe back in school). And the refining process is pretty f'n expensive (again, relatively) from what I hear.
Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:44:44 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22725 Posted: July 21, 2015, 06:39:52 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
'Audi fuel research'?

Got any relevant definitions for use of ICE & BLDC?
"Internal Combustion Engine" & ?

That'll do it :) . I'm picking efficiency is still an issue, but the finance spokesperson for the greens was quoted today as saying that the earth was a closed energy system, which is so pathetically inaccurate as to be frightening. *sigh*

Energy is one thing that is for all practical purposes infinite, we just have to harness it. The only energy shortage we have is a finite supply of windfall fossil fuels

Reply #22726 Posted: July 21, 2015, 05:00:27 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
In the next 50 years we should be getting some operation fusion plants. Like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEMO

We have enough deuterium in the ocean to last billions of years.

If we have a plentiful, carbon neutral source of power (whether it be fusion, solar or wind), then efficiency doesn't really matter as much.
Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:34:04 am by Plain old Spacemonkey

Reply #22727 Posted: July 22, 2015, 09:32:18 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So Jonty now works for 2 degrees. Hah.
I wonder how this'll gaan... R.I.P. Snap? But on the other hand, 2 degrees are apparently pretty cool, so might be areet.

Oh, right. Active "No BYOD" policy. What the actual fuck, I just don't even.
Was looking forward to signing up with snap! again when I got home... I guess that (well, the equivalent) won't be happening now :S
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:08:51 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22728 Posted: July 29, 2015, 12:42:51 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Its only for launch anyway. People are just impatient and getting mad over free shit.

We aren't stopping people from using other devices, just at present there is always a modem supplied. Other providers do it, so I don't see why it's an issue when we do it (and our device is of a far superior quality)

Reply #22729 Posted: July 29, 2015, 06:35:23 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
sticking with fritz?

Reply #22730 Posted: July 29, 2015, 07:48:54 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Its only for launch anyway. People are just impatient and getting mad over free shit.

We aren't stopping people from using other devices, just at present there is always a modem supplied. Other providers do it, so I don't see why it's an issue when we do it (and our device is of a far superior quality)

Because you're not giving it away for free in reality, the price is built into what people are paying even if they don't need it.

Reply #22731 Posted: July 29, 2015, 09:38:19 pm

Offline Pyromanik

If that's true then someone should reel in the dope on twitter telling everyone that it's not optional and not free.

That or make some serious clarifications on what they mean, if it depends on various things in a case by case basis.

It's reasonably common to be shipped a router (foc) on sign up with a 12 month contract or more, but it's not so normal to alienate those who don't want or need it, or otherwise have a new connection require a sent out modem (at full price if not going for contract) with complete inability to utalise existing infrastructure. (Which is what the person on twitter is basically saying needs to happen).

Personally I don't get how blocking any other device could happen, since as long as the protocols are compliant it should be fine. *shrug*.

Just seems like a case of seriously crossed wires or a daft business decision (although I can completely get it from a support POV)
Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:24:51 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22732 Posted: July 29, 2015, 11:30:03 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Jonty and I did the run around with some euro trash in trackmania last night, so that was cool. I get so hooked on that game....one more map....one more lap....nicked the wall, doesn't count....one more clean lap, lost 0.1 on that loop, one more lap....

Reply #22733 Posted: August 17, 2015, 06:37:34 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

haha, tell me about it. I played Nations Forever probably far too much. Was still no good at it. Good times though. Good for a chillax after far too much baddlerage.
Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:28:13 am by Pyromanik

Reply #22734 Posted: August 18, 2015, 07:26:24 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Jonty and I did the run around with some euro trash in trackmania last night, so that was cool. I get so hooked on that game....one more map....one more lap....nicked the wall, doesn't count....one more clean lap, lost 0.1 on that loop, one more lap....

Was good to see you on man.

Picked it up again as a casual bit of something to do, and now its all I've played for a couple of weeks

Reply #22735 Posted: August 18, 2015, 05:31:21 pm

Offline Pyromanik

I finished Codename 47, now I'm on to Silent Assassin.

Reply #22736 Posted: August 20, 2015, 06:39:39 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I should dig out my copies of the hitman games, I only ever finished the first two. I see there is a hitman movie out at the moment, anyone seen it?

Reply #22737 Posted: August 20, 2015, 09:16:14 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Pyromanik

Intending to! Is it released yet? Oh wait England, don't get ahead of yourselves! This shit shouldn't be due until next year, well after every other country has had it on DVD so long it's in all the bargain bins.

Reply #22738 Posted: August 21, 2015, 08:55:57 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Was off work for a week.

While I was away a student was allowed to use my workstation as work experience, which is cool, all for training the new generation. But I've returned to see that my history has been wiped. If you know what you're doing you don't wipe your history in one huge sweep, it raises suspicion.

I have a funny feeling the student was looking at stuff she wasn't meant too.

Reply #22739 Posted: August 24, 2015, 10:01:07 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Was off work for a week.

While I was away a student was allowed to use my workstation as work experience, which is cool, all for training the new generation. But I've returned to see that my history has been wiped. If you know what you're doing you don't wipe your history in one huge sweep, it raises suspicion.

I have a funny feeling the student was looking at stuff she wasn't meant too.

or she was embarrassed about what she found you were up to and wiped it so nobody though it was her..., i mean naked lias and Fairy photos and all that , i would wipe your history too

Reply #22740 Posted: August 24, 2015, 02:51:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I'm not a moron. I don't look at anything objectionable on my workstation. That's what cellphones are for.

I've also discovered some files missing. WTF did she do...

Reply #22741 Posted: August 24, 2015, 03:14:08 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Do you not have user accounts.....

Sounds like you derped Rii.

Reply #22742 Posted: August 24, 2015, 08:29:16 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I work in a studio.

We don't have user accounts on our studio machines. No one else accesses our machines apart from us.

No, I didn't fucking derp.

Reply #22743 Posted: August 24, 2015, 08:47:25 pm

Offline Speakman

he dun derped

Reply #22744 Posted: August 24, 2015, 09:27:53 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #22745 Posted: August 24, 2015, 10:35:09 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Derped and yerepd, your use case RII is the very reason we dun have user accounts.

Right everybody here are gamers and none of you are sinister I am removing individual logins and we are all going to take personal responsibility and login with one account.

Admin  with password shithappens

Reply #22746 Posted: August 25, 2015, 09:11:33 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
The username you tried to use contains the reserved name 'Admin'. Please try another username.

Reply #22747 Posted: August 25, 2015, 09:33:39 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Hey my name is Admln Trust me....

Reply #22748 Posted: August 25, 2015, 10:31:58 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
The username you tried to use contains the reserved name 'Admin'. Please try another username.

try Adm1n with password 1M0nkey2M4ny

Reply #22749 Posted: August 25, 2015, 10:53:08 am