Topic: Bulletproof baby!

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So while we had a lack of forums to post to, I picked up the Bulletproof regime and have been following the theories this guy has. Dave Asprey is a former Silicon Valley money maker who has now turned to trying all sorts of ways to make his body optimal in whatever he wants it to be.

Anyway, if you're on the fitness/weight loss buzz, I thoroughly recommend the whole Bulletproof coffee theory. The basics of it are to fast through breakfaast, exercise at lunch, and instead of breaking your overnight fast, you have the bulletproof coffee formula to push you through. The coffee gives you a good energy lift, and indeed gets you through to lunch without issue. There's more to it, and a whole lot to the ingredients also!

Just thought I'd share this one for anyone looking for another angle on weight loss or energy in their day.

Posted: January 22, 2014, 01:15:00 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline James

• I Posted!
  • James has no influence.
Yeah, I've been doing this over the last yeah and it's just the best. I've been working mornings at PakNSave (6am - 12pm) most days and have a bulletproof coffee at around 5.30am and there's not even a hint of hunger till around 3pm. if i do eat it's only for them gains. I've lost around 26kg or so, nothing too serious. that was without much training. just trying to put some of it back on now, well muscle that is haha.

10/10 would drink again.

Reply #1 Posted: January 23, 2014, 03:17:26 pm
You Stay Classy

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
SO how do you make this without all the BulletProof (tm) stuff(tm) costing (tm) presumable (tm) shitloads (tm)

Reply #2 Posted: January 24, 2014, 02:47:03 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
I have heard a bit about bullet proof coffee, mainly through the Joe Rogan Experience podcast (which is excellent by the way). He swears by it. Isn't it made with butter of similar?

My problem is I don't like coffee :/

Reply #3 Posted: January 24, 2014, 02:55:51 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
I was hoping this thread would help me figure out how to make my 16-month old son bulletproof.

Reply #4 Posted: January 24, 2014, 03:11:08 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
SO how do you make this without all the BulletProof (tm) stuff(tm) costing (tm) presumable (tm) shitloads (tm)

Well all it is, is 2 heaped spoons of coffee, a dash of MCT Oil, and an amount of good butter - the trick is, making sure those ingredients are the right ones.
I use Kotako single origin Ethiopian coffee beans, and bought myself a burr grinder from the homestoreonline.co.nz. That costs about $20 per bag, and I get about a month out of a bag (including general drinking of coffee at home).
I also use Lewis Road Creamery unsalted butter (needs to be unsalted), as this is natural grass fed/organic butter. It costs a few dollars per block, and you're only using a couple of tablespoons a day (initially just one), so it would easily last a month and a bit more.
The last ingredient is the MCT Oil which shotgunsupplements.co.nz sells for the cheapest at $20. Most supplement or health shops will look at you sideways when you go an ask for it, as they won't have a clue what it is (although I found it was a good way to sort the dickheads from the knowledgeable by the conversation you'd have with them). The oil easily last a couple of months.

So overall pretty cheap to do, with your biggest investment being time each day to actually do it - takes me about 15-20 mins to boil jug, set up plunger, and then let everything brew, mix it, and then clean up.

I have heard a bit about bullet proof coffee, mainly through the Joe Rogan Experience podcast (which is excellent by the way). He swears by it. Isn't it made with butter of similar?

My problem is I don't like coffee :/
Yeah, you're pretty much stuffed if you don't like coffee.

The taste is just like any other coffee, and you don't need sugar in it if you have sugar as the MCT Oil adds a sort of sweeter flavour to it. The butter acts as the dairy, and you're away. Just like any other drink the butter, oil and coffee eventually separate, even after mixing, so you find you have to swirl it a bit before drinking, but it's no different to your standard coffee, it just separates a bit quicker due to the ingredients.

Reply #5 Posted: January 24, 2014, 03:43:59 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Time for coffee not so much of an issues, work in IT department that provides top notch beans + grinder + perc (Beans from http://www.c4coffee.co.nz/ if anyones keen.. mucho goodness).. It does help that the IT Manager is a diehard coffee freak who rocks a couple of Chemex's worth of Coffee a day :-)

I'm normally at work between 7:30 and 8, and its rare the first brew is all gone by then, Might give this a whirl.

Reply #6 Posted: January 24, 2014, 06:28:38 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
Time for coffee not so much of an issues, work in IT department that provides top notch beans + grinder + perc (Beans from http://www.c4coffee.co.nz/ if anyones keen.. mucho goodness).. It does help that the IT Manager is a diehard coffee freak who rocks a couple of Chemex's worth of Coffee a day :-)

I'm normally at work between 7:30 and 8, and its rare the first brew is all gone by then, Might give this a whirl.

Don't have blended shit like they probably rock in a workplace - make sure it's single origin. And I'm not sure on perc, but I'll have a read - should be fine as it's just a filter version.

Reply #7 Posted: January 25, 2014, 05:46:18 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
bought myself a burr grinder from the homestoreonline.co.nz

you mother fucker

Reply #8 Posted: January 26, 2014, 11:32:18 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
bought myself a burr grinder from the homestoreonline.co.nz

you mother fucker

We had no forums... I didn't think... I... I... I still love you Clin...

Reply #9 Posted: January 26, 2014, 12:36:01 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I was hoping this thread would help me figure out how to make my 16-month old son bulletproof.
I fully expected to see a baby taking SMG fire like a boss and instead I got this shit thread.

Keep it up Getsome, you're living right up to my expectations!

Reply #10 Posted: February 03, 2014, 09:31:37 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I've not started fasting, and I hate coffee.
But I've started to live to 'eat when hungry, not because "it's lunchtime"'. And eat sensible portions, not binge on crap just coz.
So I have oats in the morning, maybe a single sandwhich for lunch, then soup in the evening, which provides a nutritious (dat vege goodness) alternative to a large heavy meal traditionally had at dinner in western/english cultures.

I don't feel like rubbish so much, don't feel unecessarially hungry when I shouldn't be, and generally buying less crap, which is cheaper too.
Oh, and I stopped loading up on beer every week. Feels good.

I think I'm losing weight, but no scales.
The problem isn't so much losing weight though, it's having nothing under the fat :P Need to start exercising to put the right kinda weight back on... But motivation is so hard :/ What gets you folks moving?

Reply #11 Posted: February 10, 2014, 10:55:09 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
I've not started fasting, and I hate coffee.
But I've started to live to 'eat when hungry, not because "it's lunchtime"'. And eat sensible portions, not binge on crap just coz.
So I have oats in the morning, maybe a single sandwhich for lunch, then soup in the evening, which provides a nutritious (dat vege goodness) alternative to a large heavy meal traditionally had at dinner in western/english cultures.

I don't feel like rubbish so much, don't feel unecessarially hungry when I shouldn't be, and generally buying less crap, which is cheaper too.
Oh, and I stopped loading up on beer every week. Feels good.

I think I'm losing weight, but no scales.
The problem isn't so much losing weight though, it's having nothing under the fat :P Need to start exercising to put the right kinda weight back on... But motivation is so hard :/ What gets you folks moving?

It's definitely the weight loss for me as motivation. I kinda got the bug as it all started to take effect, and now I love getting out for a walk. Half of the fun is working out a route, then the other half is about time to complete it, the achievements the app you use might give you and the hitting of targets outside of that. I use a Nike Fuelband to track my daily activity, and others use pedometers and the like to encourage doing something - if nothing else they motivate you to hit a goal, or just to try to do something.

Reply #12 Posted: February 10, 2014, 01:33:14 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
pedo meters

Gawd. EVERY time I see that word...

Reply #13 Posted: February 11, 2014, 08:30:16 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.