Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
People waiting at pedestrian crossings with lights, that don't push the button to cross.

Reply #1200 Posted: October 08, 2016, 07:21:17 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
People waiting at pedestrian crossings with lights, that don't push the button to cross.

Maybe they are just be considerate and waiting for a gap in traffic, instead of pushing the button and making all the cars wait.

Better then people who do push the button, then cross anyway and cars are left waiting for no one.

Reply #1201 Posted: October 10, 2016, 07:13:43 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
There is a set of lights at church corner in christchurch that the pedestrian crossing regularly goes green even when no-one has pushed the button, especially annoying as that causes a red arrow so you can't turn.
Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:05:43 pm by AvatarFACE

Reply #1202 Posted: October 11, 2016, 03:29:14 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Maybe they are just be considerate and waiting for a gap in traffic, instead of pushing the button and making all the cars wait.

Better then people who do push the button, then cross anyway and cars are left waiting for no one.
But they are waiting to cross! It just means I turn up and push the button, and then wait for it to go green before crossing.

It's on a street in the CBD which always has traffic

Reply #1203 Posted: October 11, 2016, 04:08:19 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

This statement is factually incorrect about 80% of the time.
Lights in busy areas work on a cycle, and the pedestrian light follows that same cycle.

Gotta be pretty late at night when lights are on sensor, or live in a less busy area to have triggers like that.

That... or be turning left. In which case you're fucked anyway, because a stream of people is just gonna keep rolling through until your light is red again. No matter what colour their walky lamp is.

The worst ones are the ones that stand there waiting. Then your light goes green, but so is theirs. AND THEY WALK SO FUCKING SLOWLY. You think you might have a gap, yay! BUT THEN THE SLOW FUCKS FROM THE OTHER SIDE COME. Human slugs. The kind with the gait of a gastropod. Leaving human slime trails behind them while they stare at their phone and cross the road blindly... NO FUCKS GIVEN.
Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:32:11 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #1204 Posted: October 12, 2016, 10:29:46 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I was thinking of those pedestrian crossings situated in the middle of a road, with their own lights (i.e not part of an intersection).

What I find annoying it when I'm crossing on a pedestrian crossings (aka Zebra crossing), and a car comes right pass, and the driver looks right at me, knowing they are supposed to give way to me, but they don't. And they have a big smile on their face, like "Oh sorry, I saw you there, but I forgot how my brakes worked so I just kept going, lolz"
Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:59:06 am by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #1205 Posted: October 13, 2016, 07:48:00 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
Yup, both sets of lights I use to cross streets walking to work use a push button to trigger, no sensors. One is in the middle of a road, no intersection. The other is an intersection on a one way street, where cars turn left cross the pedestrian light.

Both annoy me when the button isn't pressed, with people waiting.

I quite like the lights where the entire intersection stops, for all pedestrians at once. Then the lights entirely return to letting traffic through.

Reply #1206 Posted: October 13, 2016, 09:50:44 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Oh, a crossing with lights and no intersection?

I like to push the button, wait for it to change, then walk off on the same side.
It's like, my favourite thing to do.

Reply #1207 Posted: October 13, 2016, 08:46:15 pm

I like to push the button, wait for it to change, then walk off on the same side.

That's a $10 fine.

Reply #1208 Posted: October 14, 2016, 07:20:40 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Kinda...Kinda fucks me off when people don't wave, even if it is the law.

Reply #1209 Posted: October 14, 2016, 06:30:47 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Pyromanik

That's a $10 fine.

And I stare right into the eyes of the first driver the whole time.

Kinda...Kinda fucks me off when people don't wave, even if it is the law.

Sometimes I wave with one finger too.

Reply #1210 Posted: October 15, 2016, 10:34:10 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Sometimes I wave with one finger too.

Sass'

Reply #1211 Posted: October 15, 2016, 12:58:03 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
People who pronounce 'forum' as 'form' fucks me off to no end. The worse thing is that they non-stop pronounce forum as if it is a normal word. No one born outside of ancient Rome should have to use that word on a more than weekly basis. They start saying "In the form they dont post properly. Forms are full of information. Form Form Form".

Reply #1212 Posted: June 21, 2017, 04:18:54 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Is there a forum for rum?

Reply #1213 Posted: July 08, 2017, 04:36:16 pm

Offline Pyromanik

People who pronounce 'forum' as 'form' fucks me off to no end. The worse thing is that they non-stop pronounce forum as if it is a normal word. No one born outside of ancient Rome should have to use that word on a more than weekly basis. They start saying "In the form they dont post properly. Forms are full of information. Form Form Form".

Are these the same people that use the excuse of dysfunctional electronics to commit SODDERY?

"Yeah, so my TV stopped working. Upon inspection I found the power supply had some domed caps; so I whipped out my soddery iron, got it all warmed up, and... <FUCKED IT IN THE ARSE>".

Reply #1214 Posted: July 15, 2017, 08:04:35 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Hilary will be the same old boring, corrupt owned by big business as usual bullshit.

I think he's an absolute nutjob but at least he's entertaining so I hope Trump wins, I have my popcorn ready.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/iran-sanctions-bill/index.html
The House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed a bill giving Congress the power to block any effort by the White House to weaken sanctions on Russia, offering a direct challenge to President Donald Trump's authority.

The vote was 419-3. The legislation moves to the Senate, but it's unclear when the Senate will vote on the measure, which includes new sanctions against Russia, Iran and North Korea. Senate Foreign Relations Committee chairman Bob Corker indicated Monday he may want to make some tweaks to the bill, which was negotiated between the House and Senate after the initial version he drafted sailed through on a 98-2 vote.

How DARE the filthy vermin in the Senate attempt to challenge the might of the God Emperor.

They must be punished.

There is only the Emperor,
and he is our Shield and Protector.

Reply #1215 Posted: July 29, 2017, 01:48:12 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

When the A.I. revolution comes, the Marketing departments will be the first up against the wall.

Psychologists too. Bunch of fucking snake oil merchants.

Reply #1216 Posted: July 30, 2017, 01:19:03 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

When did dumb fucks win the language war and start calling all software 'apps'?

Reply #1217 Posted: August 07, 2017, 10:59:42 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Vice President of Diversity, Integrity, and Governance
Why does that exist?

Reply #1218 Posted: August 12, 2017, 10:13:13 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Governance is a thing.
Not sure it has much to do with the other two though.

Reply #1219 Posted: August 16, 2017, 09:46:04 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I just saw an advert for Carefree tampons featuring a muslim woman playing soccer. On a news article.

What kind of fucked up world is this?

Reply #1220 Posted: August 21, 2017, 10:15:10 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

New poll: National soars, Labour slumps, New Zealand First on brink of 5% threshold

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11924548
<Dont bother reading the link as the NZ Herald is a pile of shit>
The National Party has soared in popularity while Labour has plummeted, a new poll on the eve of the election shows.

NZ First has also fallen in the latest One News Colmar Brunton poll and is dangerously close to falling below the 5 per cent threshold.

In a complete reversal of momentum from the previous poll, National has arrested its fall and instead risen six points to 46 per cent. Labour is down seven points to 37 per cent.

Under the latest poll, NZ First is back to holding the balance of power, but only by the skin of its teeth.

Fuck you NZ Herald you complete pile of utter garbage. Journalists should be banned from writing anything ever if they publish complete bullshit.

Reply #1221 Posted: September 23, 2017, 11:17:30 pm

Offline Pyromanik

The _National_ news network.

Reply #1222 Posted: September 24, 2017, 03:41:41 pm

When did dumb fucks win the language war and start calling all software 'apps'?

I'm going to start using the term Progs.

How many Progs have you got on your phone? Check out this new Prog I downloaded.

Reply #1223 Posted: October 10, 2017, 04:53:44 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Sounds like sprogs.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A POLICEMAN'S HELMET... WITH A BABY IN IT.

Reply #1224 Posted: October 12, 2017, 07:32:41 pm