Topic: Post your rides!

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Na I cannonballed hoogie. My bad

Reply #525 Posted: January 17, 2013, 08:34:32 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
franky are you related to the hamptons or just sponsored by them?

Reply #526 Posted: January 18, 2013, 09:05:02 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xsannz;1515180

lolol

nah franky is sponsored by castrol, ryan was sponsored by castrol but hasn't changed his colours, I think cause of cost more than anything.

Reply #527 Posted: January 18, 2013, 12:04:31 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;1515201
lolol

nah franky is sponsored by castrol, ryan was sponsored by castrol but hasn't changed his colours, I think cause of cost more than anything.

danm shows how much attention i was paying roflol should have picked the colours...

i am looking at picking up a 2010 r1 out of wellington next week..

zx10r is up for sale.....

Reply #528 Posted: January 18, 2013, 08:19:40 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: Xsannz;1515180
As Dave said, I am Sponsored by Honda NZ who in term are sponsored by Castrol, Hence Castrol Honda. We also own a Honda dealership in Invercargill, Hamptons were Honda dealers but now they aren't. Ryan was in the Castrol Honda team last year however there was some political stuff went on and now he isn't, also as Dave said it was cheaper to keep their bike painted the same so they left it like that.

Reply #529 Posted: January 18, 2013, 09:29:19 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Hmmm deal on a 2013 fireblade then with trade in of my zx10r then franky...

Well only if its a good deal...  Hell bent on a 2011 r1

Reply #530 Posted: January 19, 2013, 08:36:41 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
Pm me pics and info and I will see what I can do. I am off to the uk for three weeks on Tuesday but I can pass it onto my salesman

Reply #531 Posted: January 20, 2013, 06:58:50 am

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
An image from Hampton Downs in the weekens. (I am number 8). My weekend ended badly, with me high siding out of the final turn at about 150kmh, needless to say I am very sore at the moment, I count myself lucky as it could have been much much worse!

Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:32:42 pm by frankytanky

Reply #532 Posted: March 20, 2013, 03:30:21 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: frankytanky;1521306
An image from Hampton Downs in the weekens. (I am number 8). My weekend ended badly, with me high siding out of the final turn at about 150kmh, needless to say I am very sore at the moment, I count myself lucky as it could have been much much worse!

Saw that, you poor bugger.

Not many people had a good weekend.

Reply #533 Posted: March 20, 2013, 04:21:56 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: frankytanky;1521306

ouch .. didnt you just fix your bike as well....

i know how it feels... ankle and ribs...

break anything (bike or you)?

also what sort of deal can you get on leathers and helmet...

Reply #534 Posted: March 20, 2013, 04:34:11 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
I walked away bruised and sore but that is it. I am counting my lucky stars! The bike is OK considering, just fairing damage etc it is pretty much fixed by now I am guessing. It was running really strong after the rebuild, I had qualified 4th (0.6 off pole) then the drought broke and it hammered down and I ate shit.
What sort of Helmet and leathers are you after, give me an idea of what you are after and I will see what I can come up with. I am sponsored by Shoei and Teknic so I might be able to get the supplier to cut a deal. I am away tomorrow morning to Taupo for the final round so won't be able to check till probably Tuesday when I get back to work.

Reply #535 Posted: March 20, 2013, 05:08:06 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1521312
ouch .. didnt you just fix your bike as well....

i know how it feels... ankle and ribs...

break anything (bike or you)?

also what sort of deal can you get on leathers and helmet...

those should be covered under insurance?

Reply #536 Posted: March 20, 2013, 05:14:50 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: frankytanky;1521313
I walked away bruised and sore but that is it. I am counting my lucky stars! The bike is OK considering, just fairing damage etc it is pretty much fixed by now I am guessing. It was running really strong after the rebuild, I had qualified 4th (0.6 off pole) then the drought broke and it hammered down and I ate shit.
What sort of Helmet and leathers are you after, give me an idea of what you are after and I will see what I can come up with. I am sponsored by Shoei and Teknic so I might be able to get the supplier to cut a deal. I am away tomorrow morning to Taupo for the final round so won't be able to check till probably Tuesday when I get back to work.

Yeah insurance are covering it...

And i was looking at a shoei x1100 or qwest with tinted visor and a teknic 2 piece.

helmet i am an XS
and full suit i am about a 40

jacket about a 42 - and pants 30  in teknic sizes
Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:41:40 pm by Xsannz

Reply #537 Posted: March 20, 2013, 07:17:29 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1521322
Yeah insurance are covering it...

And i was looking at a shoei x1100 or qwest with tinted visor and a teknic 2 piece.

helmet i am an XS
and full suit i am about a 40

jacket about a 42 - and pants 30  in teknic sizes

I'd go xr1100 over the qwest especially if you plan to get another thou and do a bit of track work/higher speed shen's

If you're going to buy a big ol' BMW and do some touring go qwest, or even the new flip front

Buuut I don't have to sell helmets anymore so do whatever you want :)

Reply #538 Posted: March 20, 2013, 08:16:37 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
go xr1100  then.. my new r1 arrives next week...

and some leathers.. all in pretty black if i can...

got about 1200 - 1600 to spend..

otherwise ill get me a hjc r-pha10 and some rst leathers....

Reply #539 Posted: March 20, 2013, 08:30:33 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1521332
go xr1100  then.. my new r1 arrives next week...

and some leathers.. all in pretty black if i can...

got about 1200 - 1600 to spend..

otherwise ill get me a hjc r-pha10 and some rst leathers....

yay for the hjc, that's what I rock.

dunno about rst leathers though dude, I've never been a fan, berik or revit here.....but that's cause it's what i worked with so it's what i know....

I have noticed a slump in Alpinestars quality though....I think they're capitalising on a name with cheap manufacturing....

Reply #540 Posted: March 20, 2013, 09:10:45 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Hmmmm yeah ill check on leather depending on how much insurance coughs out.

Reply #541 Posted: March 21, 2013, 09:10:07 am

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Got to take my bike for a ride today :D
Granted it was only in a carpark. But was good to finally jump on and learn how to ride it.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/2wq0pkp3.5rd.jpg
Post your rides!

http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/h01gokim.cea.jpeg
Post your rides!
Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:59:29 pm by Dr. Acula

Reply #542 Posted: March 24, 2013, 02:57:00 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1521682
Got to take my bike for a ride today :D
Granted it was only in a carpark. But was good to finally jump on and learn how to ride it.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/2wq0pkp3.5rd.jpg
Post your rides!

http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/h01gokim.cea.jpeg
Post your rides!

i can poin tyou to some good classes...  also why no side covers on the bike?

Reply #543 Posted: March 24, 2013, 04:14:03 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xsannz;1521684
i can point you to some good classes...  also why no side covers on the bike?

Girlfriends dad is a member of the CMA(Christian Motorcycle Association) and he knows the right places to go to learn. Plus not to mention his 35+ years experience with bikes.

Covers were ripped off and lost when it was stolen, this was before I bought the bike. So hunting for them plus a fuel cap.

Reply #544 Posted: March 24, 2013, 04:28:15 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1521686
Girlfriends dad is a member of the CMA(Christian Motorcycle Association) and he knows the right places to go to learn. Plus not to mention his 35+ years experience with bikes.

Covers were ripped off and lost when it was stolen, this was before I bought the bike. So hunting for them plus a fuel cap.

god danm get a fuel cap on there...  just noticed the rag your asking for trouble...

what model bike i have some good parts contacts from builidng and rebuilding and vinning bikes over the years...

Reply #545 Posted: March 24, 2013, 06:53:26 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xsannz;1521690
god danm get a fuel cap on there...  just noticed the rag your asking for trouble...

what model bike i have some good parts contacts from builidng and rebuilding and vinning bikes over the years...

Haha yea, bit dodgy, so that'll be the first thing that needs attention. Also found it needs some fork seals as the current ones are starting to perish.

Model is a Suzuki Intruder 250cc, or just VL 250. Don't know the exact year, as I got it in '05, was stolen and recovered about 6 months prior to that and only has 1400km on the clock.

Reply #546 Posted: March 24, 2013, 07:01:52 pm
Dr. λculał

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr. Acula;1521691
Haha yea, bit dodgy, so that'll be the first thing that needs attention. Also found it needs some fork seals as the current ones are starting to perish.

Model is a Suzuki Intruder 250cc, or just VL 250. Don't know the exact year, as I got it in '05, was stolen and recovered about 6 months prior to that and only has 1400km on the clock.

10th digit on the chassis number located on the RHS of the headstock will tell you.

Reply #547 Posted: March 24, 2013, 07:39:52 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
hmm cant find any parts with the guys i normally use.

your best bet might be to se if you can wangle a deal on this then use yours as spares while you learn.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/cruiser/auction-572324656.htm

Reply #548 Posted: March 24, 2013, 07:47:43 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xsannz;1521695
hmm cant find any parts with the guys i normally use.

your best bet might be to se if you can wangle a deal on this then use yours as spares while you learn.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/cruiser/auction-572324656.htm

Yea, parts have been rather difficult to come by in NZ. Gonna have to get most of it on Ebay or another online parts vendor.

Nice find, though I'm sure he'll be expecting a bit more then I have right now. Plus, the money that would be used to buy that could be used to purchase the rest of the parts, and then some.

Reply #549 Posted: March 25, 2013, 08:47:47 am
Dr. λculał