Poll

Would you vote for or against Louisa Wall\'s (Labour Party)  Marriage Equality Bill?

For
34 (82.9%)
Against
3 (7.3%)
Abstain
4 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: August 28, 2013, 11:06:08 pm

Topic: Is this the simplest political decision so far this year?

Codex

I bet they can't even lift

Reply #75 Posted: October 29, 2012, 08:56:43 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
The spelling is reflective of a low English literacy level, probably due to poor education; not a lack of intelligence. The content of the signs however...

Reply #76 Posted: October 29, 2012, 09:17:31 am

Offline varkk

• Just settled in
  • varkk has no influence.
Quote from: Super_Hori;1506807
The spelling is reflective of a low English literacy level, probably due to poor education; not a lack of intelligence. The content of the signs however...

I would be willing to bet that their views are highly influenced by the English translation of a book which they read and want everyone to read and study/learn from. So therefore no excuse for poor spelling and grammar.

Reply #77 Posted: October 29, 2012, 09:48:39 am

Codex

Quote from: varkk;1506808
I would be willing to bet that their views are highly influenced by the English translation of a book which they read and want everyone to read and study/learn from. So therefore no excuse for poor spelling and grammar.

The bible? Isn't that just some empty shell people quote in fights like wikipedia?

Reply #78 Posted: October 29, 2012, 09:57:55 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Marriage is only for humane beings....
Isn't beating your kids and "smashing you bro" classed as "inhumane"

I put a stereotype in your stereotype with a little bit of stereotype.

Reply #79 Posted: October 29, 2012, 10:37:43 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: varkk;1506808

I disagree because I speculate that their church probably employs a more oral / aural method to spread their views.
Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:49:36 am by Tandoori

Reply #80 Posted: October 29, 2012, 10:41:28 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Super_Hori;1506814
I disagree because I speculate that their church probably employs a more oral / aural method to spread their views.

its highly disgusting how many Christians, especially those that get on their high horses about the Bible vs Anything - haven't read the bible cover to cover. and then those that have read more than 1 translation.

(because Ancient Arabic doesn't always translate nicely to english)

Reply #81 Posted: October 29, 2012, 10:55:10 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1506817
(because Ancient Arabic doesn't always translate nicely to english)

How well does it translate into Klingon?

Find out for yourself!
http://www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis/Klingon/mark.new.html

Reply #82 Posted: October 29, 2012, 11:02:00 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Oh look, religion, don't we have a thread for this?

Reply #83 Posted: October 29, 2012, 12:53:42 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
According to the guy on the right, all MP's support gay and lesbis.

Thats fantastic news.

Reply #84 Posted: October 29, 2012, 02:52:45 pm

Offline [Paranoid]^

• I Posted!
  • [Paranoid]^ has no influence.
Something like 80%+ of under 35s support Gay Marriage, which is what the poll here seems to be showing almost exactly.

Seems like a basic human right, and certainly something we will consider a basic human right in the future.

Reply #85 Posted: November 16, 2012, 02:04:09 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Reply #86 Posted: February 27, 2013, 01:33:11 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Awesome news

Reply #87 Posted: February 27, 2013, 01:37:51 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1519239
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10868100

So when is the big day?

Reply #88 Posted: February 27, 2013, 02:25:21 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
wtf is the difference between civil union and marriage? It might be really obvious, but in all the debate and talk on tv, no one has even bothered to explain the difference. I personally couldnt care less, doens't bother me the slightlest. My brother is gay and all power to him. The ONLY issue I have, and I still have yet to make a decision is on gay adoption. I have no issues with man/man women/women adopting a kid or question their parenting abilities. nothing of the like. My only issue is that kids are c**ts at school. My mother has a minor disability and I was teased for it to no end, resulted in many a punch ups (at primary school). Nothing through intermediate or high school. Still, that is my issue, never said I'd vote against that or gay marriage.

Reply #89 Posted: February 27, 2013, 03:44:48 pm

Marriage sounds much more romantic then 'civil union'.

And husband/wife sounds better then 'civil union partner'

I think same-sex couples deserve the same romantic terms that apply to opposite-sex couples.

Reply #90 Posted: February 27, 2013, 03:59:15 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: benlav;1519261
wtf is the difference between civil union and marriage?

Am pretty sure that the Legal rights and entitlements are the same but it more about the principle/equality (Same sex couples could only civil union, whereas heterosexual couples can marry or have a civil union)

Reply #91 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:01:29 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
I certainly hope there is more to it than that. There are a lot of people hours being consumed in Parliament for the sake of a name change....

Reply #92 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:03:23 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: benlav;1519266
I certainly hope there is more to it than that. There are a lot of people hours being consumed in Parliament for the sake of a name change....

I could be wrong here - but I believe that it is about affording the gay community the same rights as the non-gay community. While there is a difference in status between the 2 groups - there is discrimination and in-equality

Reply #93 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:16:19 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
Quote from: The Demon Lord;1519268
I could be wrong here - but I believe that it is about affording the gay community the same rights as the non-gay community. While there is a difference in status between the 2 groups - there is discrimination and in-equality

I always thought marriage was a religious thing.

Reply #94 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:18:43 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: benlav;1519269
I always thought marriage was a religious thing.

That was one of the arguements against Gay Marriage - since Marriage was a religous institution, it wasn't subject to intepretation. My view however is that while marriage may have started as a religous institution (and there are grounds to argue whether it is) it is now a legal concept - thus is open to change/intepretation.

Reply #95 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:26:02 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
yeah, well im not against it. I won't go down the street collecting signatures in its support but it doesnt bother me. To be honest im sick of hearing about it. Brings me back to the days of the waterfront statium and the media storm over that.

Reply #96 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:30:20 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
The release of the Select Committee Report has resulted in good news for me...

I figure it's a pretty safe investment, unless the government delays the second reading I think this should be wrapped up before the end of the year.

Reply #97 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:32:06 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
Quote from: Tandoori;1519273
The release of the Select Committee Report has resulted in good news for me...

I figure it's a pretty safe investment, unless the government delays the second reading I think this should be wrapped up before the end of the year.

Going off on a tangent here, but stocks? At best they are derivatives, at worst it is a bet !

Reply #98 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:34:38 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: benlav;1519274
Going off on a tangent here, but stocks? At best they are derivatives, at worst it is a bet !

Pretty much betting, certainly not 'stocks'. I think the clearing-house means that the dynamic is a bit different to say the 'TAB', because you aren't always going to have a willing seller with these futures.

Reply #99 Posted: February 27, 2013, 04:41:54 pm