Topic: fuck I love science

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
The World Misery Index is out! here is the top 29 most miserable countries
Here are last years 'winners'
http://www.cato.org/blog/world-misery-index-109-countries
Spoiler :
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-29-most-miserable-countries-in-the-world-2015-1

Reply #75 Posted: January 29, 2015, 01:05:51 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
I didn't even really know who Higgs Boson was untill yesterday.

Is he like famous or something because I like literally cant even think I know him

Reply #76 Posted: January 29, 2015, 02:22:30 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
http://www.newsroomamerica.com/story/471968.html
New Search Engine Lets Users Look For Relevant Results Faster
By Newsroom America Staff at 1:30 pm Eastern
(Newsroom America) -- Researchers at the Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT have developed a new search engine that outperforms current ones, and helps people to do searches more efficiently.
The SciNet search engine is different because it changes internet searches into recognition tasks, by showing keywords related to the user's search in topic radar. People using SciNet can get relevant and diverse search results faster, especially when they do not know exactly what they are looking for or how to formulate a query to find it.

People that stupid should not be allowed on The Internet

Reply #77 Posted: January 29, 2015, 02:38:47 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I didn't even really know who Higgs Boson was untill yesterday.

Is he like famous or something because I like literally cant even think I know him
Sorry to inform you but he was killed :(

Physicists Confirm They Have Found And Killed The 'God Particle'

Reply #78 Posted: January 31, 2015, 07:12:10 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
So it's true? There is god!?

Or maybe this is proof of the christian one getting pissed off because no other gods are allowed to be recognised!
Obviously if the god particle can be killed it is proof of divine creation and all science is heresy!

Reply #79 Posted: January 31, 2015, 10:50:20 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

Misleading Title, but still a cool video. From Harvard University

Programmable self-assembly in a thousand-robot swarm

Reply #80 Posted: February 01, 2015, 11:59:23 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
Why is the sky blue?

Makes for an interesting conversation over a beer or two.

Instead of just belching out useless copy cat posts, howz about explaining the ins and outs of how gravity works. The molecular, sub molecular/atomic aspects, how it affects objects within it's area of influence. Michio Kaku is man enough to admin that science knows what gravity does, but doesn't know what it is, yet, you seem to out rank him in universal outstanding on every topic.

Just when I thought there was no hope for the universe, every googling expert here, seems to have the cosmos all mapped out, by way of belittling posts, and sarcastic quips.

There is a gap of light years between being taught how to learn, and being coached how to think. The level of sheer ignorance here, should be evidence enough we evolved from shit slinging apes.

Reply #81 Posted: March 06, 2015, 07:48:39 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Yea not sure you are going to get the discussion you hope for like that.

Reply #82 Posted: March 06, 2015, 08:29:25 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #83 Posted: March 07, 2015, 10:39:17 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
This is freakin awesome

A man who has been paralysed for more than a decade has begun to feel sensations again in his "fingers", thanks to an experimental prosthetic hand being tested by United States military researchers.

Scientists linked the hand to electrodes inserted into the 28-year-old patient's sensory cortex, the part of the brain that identifies tactile sensations, enabling him to perceive a basic sense of touch with the prosthetic fingers.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11514708

Reply #84 Posted: September 18, 2015, 09:31:07 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Why is the sky blue?

Makes for an interesting conversation over a beer or two.

Instead of just belching out useless copy cat posts, howz about explaining the ins and outs of how gravity works. The molecular, sub molecular/atomic aspects, how it affects objects within it's area of influence. Michio Kaku is man enough to admin that science knows what gravity does, but doesn't know what it is, yet, you seem to out rank him in universal outstanding on every topic.

Just when I thought there was no hope for the universe, every googling expert here, seems to have the cosmos all mapped out, by way of belittling posts, and sarcastic quips.

There is a gap of light years between being taught how to learn, and being coached how to think. The level of sheer ignorance here, should be evidence enough we evolved from shit slinging apes.

Jesus, that was the easiest troll ever.

Reply #85 Posted: September 18, 2015, 10:24:04 am

Offline Tiwaking!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/09/13/motherless-babies-possible-as-scientists-create-live-offspring-w/
Motherless babies possible as scientists create live offspring without need for female egg
Motherless babies could be on the horizon after scientists discovered a method of creating offspring without the need for a female egg.

The landmark experiment by the University of Bath rewrites 200 years of biology teaching and could pave the way for a baby to be born from the DNA of two men.

Reply #86 Posted: September 14, 2016, 10:01:26 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Still need a womb to grow the baby in.

I still think men are the losers here. It is still much easier to make a baby with the DNA of two women, then the other way around. In the future men will be biologically unnecessary.

Reply #87 Posted: September 15, 2016, 07:38:43 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Snoo snoo?

Reply #88 Posted: September 15, 2016, 04:45:09 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Reply #89 Posted: September 15, 2016, 08:01:53 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

I thought Singapore would be the first place to conduct a human head transplant but it looks like China is racing them to it
https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/teach-me/99014472/italian-doctor-says-the-worlds-first-human-head-transplant-is-imminent
Italian doctor says the world's first human head transplant is 'imminent'
An Italian doctor has announced that he will soon perform the world's first human head transplant in China because medical communities in the United States and Europe will not permit the controversial procedure.

"The Americans did not understand," Sergio Canavero told a news conference in Vienna, Austria on Friday (Saturday NZ time).

Canavero said the Chinese government and Xiaoping Ren, a Chinese doctor partnering with him on the procedure, would confirm the surgery's date "within days" to signal its goal of becoming a world leader in all fields, including medicine.

Reply #90 Posted: November 18, 2017, 02:48:29 pm