Topic: Christchurch Earthquake

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Hope all you cantabrians are safe after your earthquake! Our news is reporting the quake was 7.2 - 7.4. Saw some of the damage to christchurch on the news, old buildings falling down and stuff.

Again, hope you're all safe! Anyone with better knowledge able to give a recount?

Feel free to move this to the christchurch treehouse thread, i was dumb and didnt check there first. DERP

Posted: September 04, 2010, 09:42:19 am

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Woke me up and I live in paraparaumu!

Everyone all good?

Reply #1 Posted: September 04, 2010, 09:56:21 am
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline d|zrupt

• Just settled in
  • d|zrupt has no influence.
I woke to the rumble of it at 4:30 then the actual quake hit and i couldnt even get out of bed i was being flailed around so much..

our power just came back on which is positive sign i think.. for how long im now sure.

We went for a walk to the petrol station to get water and the houses and buildings have all crumbled around the corner :/

still getting aftershocks

Reply #2 Posted: September 04, 2010, 10:34:01 am
Don\'t follow my foosteps, i walk through walls..

Offline jok3ryo

• I Posted!
  • jok3ryo has no influence.
yeah woke me up at like 4:30 lol was pretty hard to walk around

Reply #3 Posted: September 04, 2010, 11:21:48 am

Offline xpertz

• Addicted
  • xpertz has no influence.
Nows a good time for us wellingtonians to get the quake kit sorted. Definatley a wake up call. My nana said she has no water :/ poor old girl, she was very shaken.

Reply #4 Posted: September 04, 2010, 11:35:12 am
<on3.co.nz | CS 1.6 TOURNAMENT #1>EAC
[EAC] HcN.skytech :: This server requires the use of 32bit colour
HcN.skytech dropped
HcN.skytech has left the game

Offline Dubyateef

• Game Server Admin
  • Dubyateef has no influence.
Yeah, even in dunedin, we woke up to the massive shakes, our old building (has 5 flats) was cracking, shaking and making some weird sounds, mate of mine in chch said aftershocks are still going on.

Reply #5 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:00:12 pm
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” - Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: xpertz##;1305897
Nows a good time for us wellingtonians to get the quake kit sorted. Definatley a wake up call. My nana said she has no water :/ poor old girl, she was very shaken.

The government has got it wrong.

You should be stock piling milk, not water. With the prices that dairy farmers like to charge :\.

Reply #6 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:06:59 pm

Offline Aloysius

• Just settled in
  • Aloysius has no influence.
Well I am happy I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. Not New orleans, USA. Pakistan, China or any other country with natural disasters. Thank fuck there will be no headlines of: WTF were civil defence doing, hundreds dead, etc etc.

Hope the rest of Canterbury and CHCH fared as well as I did. Water and power(obviously, as im posting :P) are back on. Which I realise is not the same for everyone in canterbury or perhaps even the norm.

Reply #7 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:23:11 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
  • bitchimom has no influence.
well we just got power back on now... whoooo boy that was a wild ride at 4.30am!!!
we've got some damage to our house, the brick wall has partially collapsed and lots of things fell down & broke, few new/larger cracks in the walls (it's an old house)

we went for a walk down to the Beckenham shops earlier and the older shops down there have lost walls, the church has large visible cracks in it...

will post some pics soon :blink:

Reply #8 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:36:20 pm
bitchimom: dirrrrrty girl racer

earthquake refugee since aaaages ago
http://www.rebuildshakeytown.blogspot.com

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
STOP MOVING THE GROUND ><

Reply #9 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:38:24 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Yea just got computer back running, I have a fish tank next to my computer desk and it splashed out litres of water over my printer CD player surge protector powerboard and all the shit I leave on my desk including my camera. My mum lost a ton of alcohol(wine and she collects miniatures 100's) that fell out of the cabinet and all over the lounge floor, the pool overflowed, heaps of broken stuff, had a little sand volcano pop up in the back yard and the cats are gone. :(

Reply #10 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:55:42 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Yea we have a few of those volcanos around us

Reply #11 Posted: September 04, 2010, 12:59:07 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
If anyone wants to lodge a claim with the EQC, and finds, not unexpectedly, that they can't get through, there is an online option for claim registration

https://cms.eqc.co.nz/claimcenter/cms/public/fnol.form

Reply #12 Posted: September 04, 2010, 01:03:32 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline MrBurNZ

• Devoted Member
  • MrBurNZ barely matters.MrBurNZ barely matters.
Water and power just back on for us, as bitchi said our neighbors place is pretty destroyed. pics coming.

Reply #13 Posted: September 04, 2010, 01:38:02 pm
BF3 = MrBoourNZ

Offline D

• Addicted
  • D has no influence.
Got woken up by it at 4:30 ish this morning, and i'm in Dunedin :S

Although I am on reclaimed land, so it was probably the liquifaction raping my house

Reply #14 Posted: September 04, 2010, 01:57:00 pm
Snow whites hot though. I\'d bang her with her 7 dwarfs playing with my butt crack at the same time.

Oh!

Offline Falconnz

• Just settled in
  • Falconnz has no influence.
Yea my bro felt the shocks in dunedin.

Reply #15 Posted: September 04, 2010, 02:24:09 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
yup few things knocked over here, we are in hill suburbs so could have felt it more.....Woke us up pretty quickly!

Scary stuff, hope all our Canterbury GetSomeers are ok

Reply #16 Posted: September 04, 2010, 02:52:27 pm

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
we're all fine... house and local shops not quite so fine...
waiting for a builder friend of ours to pop round later and have a look. not sure whether the damage is fatal or just expensive ???

Reply #17 Posted: September 04, 2010, 03:03:36 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1305905

The government has got it wrong.

You should be stock piling milk, not water. With the prices that dairy farmers like to charge :\.

Ha ha.

If only dairy famers got to set the price for milk. Dairy farmers get sweet fuck all, go and speak to Fonterra/the supermarkets.

Reply #18 Posted: September 04, 2010, 03:03:57 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I was about to say that Berg, but wasn't sure if it was the same in NZ.

Farmers over all get fuck all out of anything.

Reply #19 Posted: September 04, 2010, 03:04:37 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
just got back power!

I have some amazing snaps but i have to get on my roof and fix my collapsed chimney before the storm tomorrow.

I hope all the Christchurch people are safe and well!

Man hugs all round, some scary shit eh?

Reply #20 Posted: September 04, 2010, 03:30:50 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline bitchimom

• Just settled in
Quote from: Growler;1305966

I do girly hugs... but that works too ;)

Reply #21 Posted: September 04, 2010, 03:54:47 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1305966
I had to go to work this morning and totally missed all the news about the earthquake. My boss said that his sister in Christchurch called him this morning when it happened (he starts work at 5am) and he was talking to her all the way through it.

It sounded pretty horrible! I still remember last years huge Invercargill quake.

Thankfully I slept through this one.

Someone get me off this stupid shaky island!

Reply #22 Posted: September 04, 2010, 04:03:25 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline d|zrupt

• Just settled in
  • d|zrupt has no influence.
i just got home from a drive around.. everyones in a state of "OMG LETS FILL UP WITH PETROL AND GO GROCERY SHOPPING!"

i was blown away at how unlucky so people are.. the damage to their houses and neighbourhood was unbelievable

Reply #23 Posted: September 04, 2010, 04:14:16 pm
Don\'t follow my foosteps, i walk through walls..

Offline Death Dealer NZL

• Just settled in
  • Death Dealer NZL has no influence.
I live in CHCH and luckily new damage to my place but I did find MY PC lying on the floor :(

Been waiting all day for the power to come back on to check if my Baby was still working, Thank god its fine :)

Reply #24 Posted: September 04, 2010, 04:17:34 pm