Topic: Shame on you PB Tech - your anniversary sale is a sham!

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Last time I went in PB the bird that served me had a rather nice behind, I knew where the dvi leads were I just wanted her to lead me over to them :D

I mean yea, fuck pb.

dat double entendre...

Has the Tastech guy gotten better? He use to pretty fucking useless.

He's always been good to me, I first purchased with him maybe 7 years ago?

Grant's always been good to me, except when he didn't answer my emails once (not a big deal, he just missed out on a sale rather than ignoring support requests or whatever - he spreads himself a bit thin sometimes I think). Usually he's a good chap to deal with. But being one guy working from home, if he gets sick... etc.

Supported local, he's a good guy, fair for returns and all that stuff (dead hdd once, still just in warranty).

Other than that Computer Lounge have always been a boon to deal with. Usually for bigger items that Tastech didn't have, my old gaming headphones, this netbook I'm using now, etc.
Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:44:25 am by Pyromanik

Reply #50 Posted: January 29, 2014, 03:35:00 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
On the "Not the cheapest but absolute good cunts" line, I'll just throw in a mention of Kerry at http://easytechnology.co.nz/ in Hamilton. If your based in Hamilton, you will not get better service from anyone.

Reply #51 Posted: January 29, 2014, 08:48:55 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I think you mean "If your base is in Hamilton"

Reply #52 Posted: January 29, 2014, 10:37:13 pm

Codex

On the "Not the cheapest but absolute good cunts" line, I'll just throw in a mention of Kerry at http://easytechnology.co.nz/ in Hamilton. If your based in Hamilton, you will not get better service from anyone.

That website is so horrendous I've never noped faster in my life

Reply #53 Posted: March 26, 2014, 09:33:21 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

That website is so horrendous I've never noped faster in my life
I am saving that Website to show my students how to not make Websites

Reply #54 Posted: March 26, 2014, 11:14:40 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Codex

"How to nope, by Tiwa"

Reply #55 Posted: March 26, 2014, 11:37:51 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
In his defence:

A: I've seen worse
B: it was actually MUCH worse under the previous owner
C: At least he has a website.. so many small local business these days just don't.

Reply #56 Posted: March 26, 2014, 01:10:26 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
In his defence:

A: I've seen worse
B: it was actually MUCH worse under the previous owner
C: At least he has a website.. so many small local business these days just don't.

I just noticed the website is built by "terribly named SEO company.com" which on further investigation is in fact the former owners wife.

Reply #57 Posted: March 26, 2014, 01:12:44 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
i usually go pb to buy tiny things like flash drives and usb cables for dj mixers etc.    but for everything else i spend a little more and deal with Dove electronics in penrose.   just that extra bit of service saves so much hassle when there's a problem.  Screw havign to deal with a bunch of people who don't realyl care about the customers.

i remember buying my asus essence stx of those guys in computer lounge.   i think afro dizy was getting sponsored by them or soemthign back then.  nice people to deal with.

also btw....   the rational consumer is a myth, there wil always be people who buy things just because the price lable is a different colour to the rest.

Reply #58 Posted: March 28, 2014, 11:50:49 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
When this happened I sent a link to the commerce commission.  I never heard back from them,  or so I thought until now!  I just linked them this thread and they obviously thought it was worth looking into. I think the response is fair and outcome appropriate.

Good morning Ben,

Thank you for the information you provided the Commerce Commission regarding PB Technologies Limited (PB Tech).

Since receiving your complaint, the Commerce Commission has met with PB Tech and have been advised that changes have been made to ensure that ‘sale stickers’ will now only be printed for discounted items.  Several PB Tech stores have subsequently been visited during ‘sales’ and no issues have been identified.

We have now completed our investigation and PB Tech have been sent a Compliance Advice Letter.  This letter informs PB tech of the potential breaches of the Fair Trading Act and provides information to assist them to comply in the future.

Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:17:53 am by benlav

Reply #59 Posted: September 10, 2014, 10:12:26 am

Offline Pyromanik

Choice bro.

PS, what a fuck'n nark.

(lol jks, good on you.)

Reply #60 Posted: September 10, 2014, 10:18:02 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Awesome.

PB Tech is a scummy place to shop. I visited their Botany store (do they have a Botany store? Is that where I was? I dunno, I was probably high) and was eyeballed by 3 different staff as I strolled through the shop. On top of that, I've never had a decent experience with them as a customer. Another store who have run out of fucks to give when it comes to satisfying customers, and instead treat you like cattle.

Reply #61 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:15:14 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
i had issues with PB tech (only HIS video card importers) once with 6970 card that fans went faulty in trying to blame me for fan failure..

i replaced the fans bearing myself sold the card and went to CL and got 580's at the time.

Reply #62 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:19:04 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I wont deal with PB tech. various reasons, but it all comes down to...
Shit prices, awful badly implemented service.

Maybe they are ok as a reseller, but their distributor side is a joke.
http://easytechnology.co.nz/website-design/ I lolled.

Reply #63 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:55:28 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
THE SYSTEM WORKS!

No seriously the commerce commission do an excellent job.

10/10

Reply #64 Posted: September 10, 2014, 12:01:19 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I see no problem here - overzealous marketing, commerce commission did the right thing (not too heavy handed,) everyone wins

and I still have a PBtech Account manager who is awesome

Reply #65 Posted: September 10, 2014, 01:20:50 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Awesome.

PB Tech is a scummy place to shop. I visited their Botany store (do they have a Botany store? Is that where I was? I dunno, I was probably high) and was eyeballed by 3 different staff as I strolled through the shop. On top of that, I've never had a decent experience with them as a customer. Another store who have run out of fucks to give when it comes to satisfying customers, and instead treat you like cattle.

I agree with this - this is my experience with them as well. Maybe it's our good looks and strong whiteness Rii...

Reply #66 Posted: September 10, 2014, 05:31:41 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I want to shoot you with my strong whiteness.

EEEEEAAAAAGGGLLLLEEEEE!!!!

Reply #67 Posted: September 10, 2014, 05:36:54 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...

Reply #68 Posted: September 12, 2014, 07:48:23 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...

Reply #69 Posted: September 14, 2014, 02:41:53 am

Offline benlav

• Addicted
Reviving a dead thread just to slam PB Tech again.

Which is rich as both the monitors I am using are from PB Tech....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/105203161/pb-tech-charged-for-extended-warranties-warned-for-bait-advertising

Reply #70 Posted: July 03, 2018, 08:22:05 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
We were talking about this in discord last night, should join :D

Reply #71 Posted: July 04, 2018, 11:11:10 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
I have become wary of these guys in recent weeks, and heard this on the radio today. Not a good look.

Reply #72 Posted: July 05, 2018, 07:30:52 pm