Topic: Life Changing Decisions

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Alright.

Keep doing what you're doing. Just doesn't illustrate the best picture for any other female gamers who feel like visiting the community.
Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:12:43 am by Retardobot

Reply #75 Posted: November 24, 2014, 10:05:54 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Alright.

Keep doing what you're doing. Just doesn't illustrate the best picture for any other female gamers who feel like visiting the community.

There is nothing at all to what's been posted other than friendly over the top banter amongst friends. If someone coming into the community chooses to interpret something in a way that upsets or offends them, that's on them. They would be choosing to judge without knowing the background. Anyone reading half the banter between XSANNZ and I without knowing the background could think we lived in a sadomasochistic gay relationship where surprise buttsex was common and we kept Codex in a basement dungeon for rape orgies. Hell the banter between him and I way surpasses anything between Fairy and us, yet you haven't white knighted that, only for her.. You singling her our for special attention because of her sex? :-P

That being said, the reality is that gaming is massively male dominated, a decent minority of gamers are very misogynistic, and whether it's fair or not the reality is that female gamers need to be thick skinned. The only two I really know are Fairy and Munchie, and they are both great people, but they have both put up with shit others wouldn't have had to purely because they has bewbs. I don't think the solution to that lies in you criticizing us for some harmless banter between friends, albeit it in a public forum.

Reply #76 Posted: November 24, 2014, 10:27:37 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
PS: way too much seriousness for a Monday fucking morning.

Reply #77 Posted: November 24, 2014, 10:33:43 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Lias 

I've got something for you....

and i want you to put it....

Reply #78 Posted: November 24, 2014, 11:08:44 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Anyone reading half the banter between XSANNZ and I without knowing the background could think we lived in a sadomasochistic gay relationship where surprise buttsex was common and we kept Codex in a basement dungeon for rape orgies.

Wait,

Are you telling me that this ISN'T True?!?!

All this Time...

I feel so deceived....

Reply #79 Posted: November 24, 2014, 11:53:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Anyone reading half the banter between XSANNZ and I without knowing the background could think we lived in a sadomasochistic gay relationship where surprise buttsex was common and we kept Codex in a basement dungeon for rape orgies.

Wait,

All this Time...

I feel so deceived....

Think X files , its a cover up... but under covers  :-X

Reply #80 Posted: November 24, 2014, 12:17:40 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Wait,

All this Time...

I feel so deceived....

Well the Codex part is true at any rate.

Reply #81 Posted: November 24, 2014, 12:31:47 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Wait,

All this Time...

I feel so deceived....

Well the Codex part is true at any rate.

well partially it was codex's rape dungeon to start with, before the occupants took it back and made him a slave.

Reply #82 Posted: November 24, 2014, 12:35:15 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
I used to reckon that GP was a good gauge of where the tone of this forum should be.

If it wasn't acceptable there, it wouldn't be acceptable at ICONZ, Gamerhub etc.

Let's face it, it's not a high bar.

It's not just female gamers being discouraged from browsing this place, it's adults.

Reply #83 Posted: November 24, 2014, 05:04:12 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
It's not just female gamers being discouraged from browsing this place, it's adults.

Fuck, I'm agreeing with Zarkov...

This place has seriously gone downhill, combination of the crap shitting up this thread (among many others), all the GMod stuff and the lack of any actual games worth playing.

The kind of stuff exhibited in this thread is definitely a big, if not the biggest, factor behind the extinction of the former regulars...

Reply #84 Posted: November 24, 2014, 08:36:21 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

This place has seriously gone downhill, combination of the crap shitting up this thread (among many others), all the GMod stuff and the lack of any actual games worth playing.

The kind of stuff exhibited in this thread is definitely a big, if not the biggest, factor behind the extinction of the former regulars...

possibly but i think not i have seen worse threads over at GP on occasion, firstly the regulars were extinct or did not return when the forums reformed, and secondly i think yes the gmod influx ruffled a few feathers.

however there have always been threads like this one and banter and candour of this nature in threads there has been for years.
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:51:30 am by Xsannz

Reply #85 Posted: November 25, 2014, 06:49:15 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
I used to reckon that GP was a good gauge of where the tone of this forum should be.

If it wasn't acceptable there, it wouldn't be acceptable at ICONZ, Gamerhub etc.

Let's face it, it's not a high bar.

Kitty Korrect.

possibly but i think not i have seen worse threads over at GP on occasion, firstly the regulars were extinct or did not return when the forums reformed, and secondly i think yes the gmod influx ruffled a few feathers.

however there have always been threads like this one and banter and candour of this nature in threads there has been for years.

Yes some regulars didn't return. No point for them to do so. No games.
There was a Gmod influx? I don't see how this could ruffle anything when it has been so insignificant I'd have to say you're actively searching these people out to rage at them to have noticed.

Yes there has been banter, but we all grew up. Times have changed. As Zarkov said.
He knows what he is talking about. He was a good and (mostly) fair mod.

He was right when he made the pedobear banishment call (though most saw it as comical jesting at the time - paedophilia is not funny), and he's right now.
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:18:04 am by Pyromanik

Reply #86 Posted: November 25, 2014, 09:09:44 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I am vindicated; and it took the cat to make it so.

Times, they are a changing.

Reply #87 Posted: November 25, 2014, 09:54:46 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
fair point,  i engaged in some banter with fairy on this thread and others.

if those of you think thats lewd then fine, Lias i do understand he is borderline at times, if you want the topic trimmed then so be it.

Yeah we all grew up, i had kids etc, but doesn't mean i don't like having a bit of jest amongst old friends, i am sure most of you are just as bad when you've had a skin full at the pub.

Reply #88 Posted: November 25, 2014, 10:31:32 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
The older I get, the filthier I get.. My aim in life is to be Baldesto.

Reply #89 Posted: November 25, 2014, 11:23:29 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

lord help us should the two ever meet. there will be a smut explosion.

Reply #90 Posted: November 25, 2014, 11:26:07 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Me and Baldy have met quite a few times at LAN's. He's a genuine good cunt :-)

Reply #91 Posted: November 25, 2014, 11:30:02 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

Me and Baldy have met quite a few times at LAN's. He's a genuine good cunt :-)

All I am going to say is 'Synchronised Snoring'

Reply #92 Posted: November 25, 2014, 11:43:55 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
the thing is, its not just this thread, its just about every thread that gets filled up with the crap, the really shitty fixed jokes, the spamming of useless comments. just keep on rehashing the same stuff though, it doesn't get old at all.

I'm getting shitty in my old age, but this place has definitely gone way downhill in terms of content. You can say its nothing like GP, but it's getting there

Sure a few of regulars didn't come back after the change, but a lot also did, and have since buggered off elsewhere cause it's been shit. Others (such as myself) have been absent as hell, and are left wondering why we bother coming back for any other reason other than boredom

/rant over

Reply #93 Posted: November 25, 2014, 12:15:19 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I agree with Speakman, Zarkov, Rii et al.

But let's face it, this forum is effectively and irreversibly dead. Is there any point trying to fix it?
Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:24:49 pm by Tandoori

Reply #94 Posted: November 25, 2014, 12:21:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
The only way to fix this is for us to all pitch in to make a new game, that's bascially just BF2, and a time machine so we'll all get off on playing it night and day.
Baiscally, I wanna be 23 again, fuck this old shit.

Reply #95 Posted: November 25, 2014, 12:33:18 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
But BF2 was never that great anyway.. 2142 was where it was at..

Reply #96 Posted: November 25, 2014, 12:42:08 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
They were both great.

The "future thing" with 2142 turned a lot of people off.

GS Admins, you should host a BF2 & 2142 server :P

Surely the load times will be awesome on an SSD

Reply #97 Posted: November 25, 2014, 01:23:08 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!

You wash your fucking mouth out right now, BF2 was fucking great, this place was pumping full on BF2 players, servers were cranking dramas, lols, shens, funtimes and many friends were made. infact if it werent for bf2 i wouldnt know 3/4 of you guys so you take that back

Reply #98 Posted: November 25, 2014, 01:57:41 pm

Offline genienz

• Devoted Member
  • genienz has no influence.
You wash your fucking mouth out right now, BF2 was fucking great, this place was pumping full on BF2 players, servers were cranking dramas, lols, shens, funtimes and many friends were made. infact if it werent for bf2 i wouldnt know 3/4 of you guys so you take that back

Yes, I shall bring the soap to wash out your heinous mouth.
BF2 rocked, knife fights in the square and all.

Reply #99 Posted: November 25, 2014, 02:28:58 pm