Topic: Christmas Memories...

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I remember one year for Christmas I got a 56k modem
I connected it to my PC on COM1 and installed the drivers off the floppy disk.. and.. it wouldn't work

The guy from the Xtraville helpdesk spent his Christmas afternoon helping me re-install Windows95 and clicking "Replace anyway" on these popup boxes (which of course is now obvious to me that some of the networking system files had been 'updated' and some hadn't so they just didn't work.. so they all needed replacing to be the same version)

Later in the afternoon I was able to search Yahoo for.. well.. what do you use the internet for when you have never had it before?

Posted: December 23, 2015, 10:54:32 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Pussy Pics

Reply #1 Posted: December 23, 2015, 11:45:17 am

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
hah, back in 96 this guy from tasman solutions (programmers/tech) came around to sell us internet on my new pentium.

he had a 9600baud modem and it took about 10 minutes to load a webpage, I'm not sure what it was that loaded.

he was promoting bulletin boards. it was pretty cool.
cant remember how much it was going to be, but shit it was fast!!!

Reply #2 Posted: December 24, 2015, 11:12:56 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
My first modem was a 1200 baud.. Yes I'm old.

Reply #3 Posted: December 24, 2015, 12:38:17 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I remember one year my dad got my a 128MB stick of SDRAM.

Reply #4 Posted: December 24, 2015, 10:44:14 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I remember mine paying somewhere in the region of $4k for a VGA monitor and a 210mb HDD

Reply #5 Posted: December 24, 2015, 11:52:39 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
A lot of money back in those days!

Reply #6 Posted: December 26, 2015, 12:17:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
A lot of money back in those days!

It's not exactly chump change today! But yes it was.

Reply #7 Posted: December 26, 2015, 12:23:50 pm