Topic: Welcome back! RUST? + Server tweak requests :)

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
  • Keeps has no influence.
Welcome back!

RUST
Can we please get a Rust server up and running?
Would be only real NZ server so guaranteed to get used as the game already has a lot of kiwi players :)

TF2
The following servers I think are redundant:
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 24/7 2FORT [INSTASPAWN]    (With only the hardcore fanbase left I doubt this will see any use)
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 MvM SERVER #2     (don't need two of these)
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 TRADE SERVER #2     (don't need two of these)
Can we see these changed to:
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 Compeditive Maps
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 Arena
Prob don't need the third one. Save some bandwidth and CPU :)

BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2
With Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 released I am sure that these following servers will now be redundant. Save some server CPU and bandwidth and get rid of these :)
GetSome.co.nz | BFBC2 #1
GetSome.co.nz | BFBC2 #2

COUNTER STRIKE : GLOBAL OFFENSIVE
Seems we only have a Casual mode server here. Can we please get a Competitive server?
GetSome.co.nz | CS:GO #2 COMPEDITIVE

COUNTER-STRIKE 1.6
I also noticed that the DUST2 & INFERNO server is not restricted to DUST2 & INFERNO (it's currently running Aztec). Maybe we can see this changed to Competitive maps also?

P.S I hope you guys will be all over Titanfall :)  & you should contact DICE regaurding BF4. I don't think there are ANY NZ servers at all.
Much love  :)
PEACE
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:23:31 am by Keeps

Posted: January 20, 2014, 12:36:05 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Welcome back!

RUST
Can we please get a Rust server up and running? - we are talking to the GSP.
Would be only real NZ server so guaranteed to get used as the game already has a lot of kiwi players :)

TF2
The following servers I think are redundant:
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 24/7 2FORT [INSTASPAWN]  - Does get played
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 MvM SERVER #2 - I see one server being used but never the same one
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 TRADE SERVER #2   These servers are linked and we are working on something with dumpy
Can we see these changed to:
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 Compeditive Maps - Great idea except it doesnt get played alot, which is why we removed it
GetSome.co.nz | TF2 Arena - same as competitive
Prob don't need the third one. Save some bandwidth and CPU :)

BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2
With Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 released I am sure that these following servers will now be redundant. Save some server CPU and bandwidth and get rid of these :)
GetSome.co.nz | BFBC2 #1
GetSome.co.nz | BFBC2 #2

COUNTER STRIKE : GLOBAL OFFENSIVE
Seems we only have a Casual mode server here. Can we please get a Competitive server?
GetSome.co.nz | CS:GO #2 COMPEDITIVE

This needs some work as alot of people are only playing IPGN IRC Matchmaker and the servers not in matchmaker are unused alot.

COUNTER-STRIKE 1.6
I also noticed that the DUST2 & INFERNO server is not restricted to DUST2 & INFERNO (it's currently running Aztec). Maybe we can see this changed to Competitive maps also?  - i will check the map rotation for this, but it also asks for votes when people play it i beleive.

P.S I hope you guys will be all over Titanfall :)  & you should contact DICE regaurding BF4. I don't think there are ANY NZ servers at all.  - We have the DICE contract for NZ, but they arent releasing BF4 to smaller countries yet.
Much love  :)
PEACE

Answers above, but thanks for the tips. :D

Ill talk to the game admins once we settle a bit and we can look into what needs adding/removing across the board :D
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:12:56 am by DarkVirus

Reply #1 Posted: January 20, 2014, 08:04:38 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Lythieus

• I Posted!
  • Lythieus has no influence.
+1 for a rust server from, me, Munter bane and panq!

Reply #2 Posted: January 20, 2014, 12:37:32 pm

Offline Keeps

• I Posted!
  • Keeps has no influence.
Awesome!

Thanks for such a fast reply DarkVirus.

I see what you mean with CS:GO Matchmaking. I use the ranked matchmaking a lot and I must admit it's somewhat frustrating to participate in such a competitively driven environment with ping times of 55 - 65. Hopefully we get something NZ based for the match making. Even if it's small. And battlefield4 maybe just needs time too.  Afterall, even QuakeLive got a NZ based server in the end. It was a long time coming but we got there. All good things take time :)

PC gaming is looking good for 2014. I really feel like there will be a resurgence in my beloved FPS genre with games like Titanfall on the calendar, New game engines being developed on, Nvidia releasing new Maxwell GPU line, etc etc. Things are all set to take a positive turn around March/April.

Having said that. What use are good games without good community and good servers? I'm very happy with the return of GetSome. It couldn't be better timed.

Thanks again.
PEACE

Reply #3 Posted: January 20, 2014, 01:56:31 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
I'm very happy with the start up of Get Some.

fixed* (it's subtle, but it makes Arsey (the start up part) & prolax (the separation of the two words) happy ;)

Reply #4 Posted: January 20, 2014, 04:21:10 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
Rust looks like a lot of fun...

Best review:

I love this game, I built a house around a guy's house and made him my prisoner. I fed him cans of tuna and cooked chicken when it was available, and sometimes I would drop spare logs of wood (when they were available). The best part is he talks to me, keeps telling me his clan's going to raid my structure and save him. I simply respond with "It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again" and by hose I mean I dump charcoal on him. Great game hope the servers come up soon, I think my prisoner may need to eat.

Reply #5 Posted: January 20, 2014, 07:20:03 pm

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
+1 for a rust server especially if it runs some of the decent mods like: PVP, shop (economy), arena, party, etc..

Reply #6 Posted: May 18, 2014, 04:48:16 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |