Topic: GoG 'summer' sale

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
On now, and it's even actually summer for me this time.
Some great flash deals going by...

Posted: June 14, 2014, 07:55:59 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2363309/gog-com-kicks-off-the-game-deals-season-with-massive-drm-free-summer-sale.html

Today's bundles feature the entire Roller Coaster Tycoon series for just under $9—a 75 percent discount off the normal price—and a massive pack of classic Dungeons & Dragons games of yesteryear, including legendary games like Baldur's Gate and its sequel, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale, and more.

The current GOG flash sales. (Click to enlarge.)

That selection plays to the strengths of GOG's vast classic gaming catalog, but the Summer Sale's flash sales are rife with all sort of more recent indie gems.

GOG's also running flash sales the entire duration of the event, with games being swapped in and out by the hour.

Some of the current highlights include Papers Please —PCWorld's game of the year in 2013—for just $3, along with SimCity 2000, Hotline Miami, Outlast, the classic Beyond Good and Evil, Leisure Suit Larry, and several other titles all selling for under $5, with some games going as cheaply as $1.49.

Shadow Warrior, a game we loved when it hit the streets late last year, is currently available for $8, down from its $40 MSRP.

Reply #1 Posted: June 14, 2014, 08:02:44 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
http://www.gog.com/game/redshirt

This looks amusing. Someone like Tiwaking! should give us a rundown on it :>

Reply #2 Posted: June 16, 2014, 09:18:42 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

I read the reviews on steam and they were mostly bad. Mixed reviews on Metacritic.

Reply #3 Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:26:14 am

Offline Pyromanik

Steam is full of retards though, as is anything with a large user base. Idiots tend to be more vocal.
I want to read things from someone I trust.

The reviews on the above page start off well.

I purchased via steam before I found out GOG has it.
Unlike some of the reviewers - who I don't think purchased/or played the game - I can tell you my first impressions:
It doesn't have to be a "BIG" game - for it to be fun. That is proven time and again by the old games that are still fun on this site.
Secondly - a lot of work clearly went into it. Its worth the cost.
At first - I focused on getting as far as I could in my job - but I found myself becoming increasingly unhappy as the game is about balancing your work with your friends. I think you could play it "Your way" and try to advance quickly or stay in the same old job and just build meaningful relationships with people.
There are a lot of choices in this game - and I highly suggest it. Very addictive.

Reply #4 Posted: June 16, 2014, 10:40:10 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

What is this? Is this really a game?

Redshirt Gameplay
I skipped through this lets play quickly. This game appears to be like a Japanese dating sim set in space

But less interactive

Reply #5 Posted: June 16, 2014, 04:25:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Haha, boom. There we have it.
Tiwa says NOPE.

Reply #6 Posted: June 17, 2014, 10:13:06 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Picked up Space Run on steam when it was on sale. Pretty fun game.

http://spacerun-thegame.com/

Reply #7 Posted: June 17, 2014, 10:30:44 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Haha, boom. There we have it.
Tiwa says NOPE.
I decided to give the game a go. 'Game' is being generous. It is an interactive adventure story with game elements, just like the old point and click adventure games of old.

Redshirt Review
Pros
+ Made by one person
+ Genuinely Funny
+ Very well detailed

Cons
- Facebook Theme
- Not a game

Personal Notes

Unfortunately this game is themed around Facebook, which is a game I hate

However it has good writing and is genuinely funny

The most positive (and accurate) review of it comes from a user on Metacritic:
Valendale
Dec 4, 2013
8/10
Quite possibly the greatest Startrek Themed facebook parody sim game ever made.
The Space Quest Series is still the greatest Space Themed parody sim game

6/10

Reply #8 Posted: July 04, 2014, 10:27:26 am

Offline Pyromanik

Have you tried "Long live the Queen" Tiwa?
That looks like a bit of a chuckle (but again, a bit low on the interactivity)
http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen

Reply #9 Posted: July 05, 2014, 09:22:47 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Have you tried "Long live the Queen" Tiwa?
That looks like a bit of a chuckle (but again, a bit low on the interactivity)
http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen
Wait, a Dating Sim on Steam?! What the hell

No...this is a rip off of the old Princess Maker series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Maker

There is also a game I played ages ago called "Princess Knight" or something which is similar to this, but much more vicious
3/5 Stars
Meh.

Posted on 2013-10-15 18:05:03 byElo001:

The game appeared very open and complex at my first or two or three tries, however, at some point, you realize that the complexity of the plot is merely an illusion. The difficulty of this game emerges only from the fact that the game simply does not tell you anything about events that are going to happen.
If you trained the wrong stats (because you thought that a certain combination of stats would make sense): tough luck, game over
As such the game ends up being a trial-and-error experience in which you have to restart two or three times until you find out the correct combination of stats.
It's also quite short, I finished it (including my first three failed trial and error attempts) in about 3 or 4 hours.

Reply #10 Posted: July 05, 2014, 09:50:50 pm