Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Distorted

• Devoted Member
  • Distorted has no influence.
Sup.

Reply #800 Posted: August 28, 2010, 04:56:46 pm
[23:46] <Hori> I\'d do gay for pay
[23:46] <Hori> if the pay was right

I think I would know where to sign on a sexual harrassment settlement, thank you[/CENTER]

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
[video]Dp1KCkItmf4&[/video]
So this iPhone app is not available outside of the UK, does anyone know of a similar (preferably free) app that does the same thing, I see a whole list of GPS apps, but I really have no idea if they are all the same thing?

I would like to do this, simply so I have a record of where I was when I took a photo.

Also, just about to head out into sunny Adelaide to take some shots, hopefully one or two decent ones aswell!

Reply #801 Posted: August 29, 2010, 02:31:46 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
  • foRsakEn has no influence.
There are plenty of apps to track and log the data but the program he uses to put the data to the photo's is mac only and sadly I don't have a mac :(

Looking for a similar PC program though

Reply #802 Posted: August 29, 2010, 10:45:45 pm
Want to see how your PC stacks up against the rest?

GetSome\'s Official Benchmarking Leaderboards

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
Ok problem solved,

Download GeoLogTag Free from the app store and google geosetter and download that..

Load the data from the logger on your phone making sure the time on your camera is set to that of your PC/program if it has a seperate clock and hey presto it works :)

I've just tried it myself

Reply #803 Posted: August 29, 2010, 11:30:08 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Nice work man! Thanks, I should have asked 24 hours earlier, I bloody trekked all over Adelaide today.

Most of my photos were way over exposed though, got a couple of decent ones I guess, will post up tomorrow maybe.

Reply #804 Posted: August 29, 2010, 11:38:48 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I hope you were shooting in RAW then! you will be able to recover alot of your photos if you did.

Reply #805 Posted: August 30, 2010, 09:31:55 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Ah, rookie mistake, I changed to jpeg during the week. Meh, it is all experience, and I got maybe three photos that are ok.

Reply #806 Posted: August 30, 2010, 03:39:43 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
I know people say shoot in jpeg, saves time yadda yadda yadda.... But computers are so fast and big these days that shooting in raw+jepg is worth its weight in gold.

Plus if in a situation like that spork and unsure of exposure, just put bracketing on and shoot 1+/- and that will cover your bases.

Reply #807 Posted: August 30, 2010, 04:41:20 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
I've not posted a pic in ages! Havn't been able to get out though :(

Few motorsport events coming up soon so will have more of them and hope to trip back to NZ soon

Reply #808 Posted: August 30, 2010, 05:43:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Growler;1303976
I know people say shoot in jpeg, saves time yadda yadda yadda.... But computers are so fast and big these days that shooting in raw+jepg is worth its weight in gold.

Plus if in a situation like that spork and unsure of exposure, just put bracketing on and shoot 1+/- and that will cover your bases.

I did do bracketing actually! You should be proud. :P

And some of those photos turned out O.K, however I went 2.0 not 1.0, so teh difference was rather large, but even then it worked out fine, as it was a damn nice day yesterday.

Reply #809 Posted: August 30, 2010, 07:12:02 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #810 Posted: September 03, 2010, 12:06:38 am

Offline Paralyzed

• Just settled in
  • Paralyzed has no influence.

Reply #811 Posted: September 09, 2010, 07:50:10 pm
The fact is 99% of humanity is made of very good people, but that only 1% is enough to spoil it, causing so much violence that we all pay the price having to defend ourselves. Going to war is one of the most noble things there are but it doesn\'t mean war is good neither stupid.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
in the city today and western springs

Reply #812 Posted: September 14, 2010, 01:05:25 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Is there a plug in for the Nikon raw files? As in the .NEF .?

I did a quick look on Google but there were no direct links.

Reply #813 Posted: September 15, 2010, 09:10:06 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Went down to the river by my house for a walk with my dog and camera today.

I had some brilliant opportunities for photos, however Millie did not seem as patient as I was. Tugging on her lead every five seconds made keeping steady extremely difficult, she also ruined a brand new pair of jeans of mine (Yes I do realise it was a BAD idea to wear a new pair of jeans down to the river, however I did not expect to be in any messy situations).

So it seems the best moments for photography were when Millie was tied up.

Second to last of the.. Willow? Is perhaps not that great a photo, however I absolutely love Willows. :)

Reply #814 Posted: September 15, 2010, 09:45:54 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
A couple from a trip to the snow last week.

Reply #815 Posted: September 15, 2010, 10:05:27 pm
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted

Reply #816 Posted: September 16, 2010, 04:49:16 pm

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
Awesome Surise dood!!

Reply #817 Posted: September 16, 2010, 10:25:43 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
not somthing you see every day lol

gotta be a rocket scientists lol deciding to use a boom lift to work on the side of a building on a weekend with the highest recorded wind speeds in years  

Reply #818 Posted: September 18, 2010, 05:45:04 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
Lazy sunday at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow

More on my Flickr

Reply #819 Posted: September 22, 2010, 08:24:54 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Love it!

Reply #820 Posted: September 22, 2010, 09:19:58 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
I've been pretty lazy and unmotivated, a lot to do with personal things happening but trying to get out and about to do something I really enjoy. Cheers Eskemo :)

Reply #821 Posted: September 22, 2010, 10:31:39 pm

Offline D

• Addicted
  • D has no influence.
Second picture is excellent. I like your choice of lighting/vignette.

Reply #822 Posted: September 23, 2010, 07:50:29 am
Snow whites hot though. I\'d bang her with her 7 dwarfs playing with my butt crack at the same time.

Oh!

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Was just looking through some ones from Sweden earlier this year.

Reply #823 Posted: September 25, 2010, 10:20:41 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
I Heart EVGA

Reply #824 Posted: September 26, 2010, 12:21:48 am