Topic: GETSOME TF2 NEWSLETTER #8 - JANUARY 2015

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Welcome to the new year!

I know this is slightly late, but I wanted to time it with the end of the holidays and end of the month.
The Team and myself wish you all the best with the year at school, uni, tech, new job, normal run of the mill year. To me, it's just another year where you work hard and be thankful for the time you get to rest and relax, including gametime!

Down to business.

So things went really smooth over the holidays (Dec/Jan). No really big issues to deal with.
We rolled out the VIP status this month, and already we have noticed a huge difference with issue reporting and problems. This is partly due to the great team we have picked to be VIP.
Since the start of the VIP rollout, we have been inundated with questions on how to become one or where to apply/pay for. Please take note that, GetSome do not accept payment for special priveliges on our TF2 servers. There are also no plans on doing so in the future. If you wish to have VIP then you need to stand out in the crowd and help others. This would include enforcing general rules and guidelines.

In regards to the payment side of it, we may look at implementing a donation system, where you donate what you like, for nothing except donator status. The donations would go towards some promotions, special requests, maps etc. But thats later in our plans, so I won't go on...

If you have checked out the rules lately, they have been tidied up and put into one single document, this goes for all servers. I have put it all together to make things easier and neater. It also helps when it comes to fine tuning and adding anything, when we need to.
there have been a couple of additions in the last month, that you might want to check out. Faces is one inclusion.

The spam of the so called Lenny face, has become so bad, that we have decided it is a rule that it and other similar faces are no longer allowed. When you get one person doing it, another will then do it, then another, then another, then the original person will do it again, and so on... It's pretty rediculous really. Un-nessessary spam.
Included in this rule, is having it in your name. When an admin asks you to change it, then change it quick. Usually a 30 second timelimit is given to deal with it, before an admin does it for you.

We now have a Deathrun server. This makes it our fun server Number #3. After a few trials of other fun mods, deathrun seems to be a hit. There could be other mods out there that perform as well, so other ones may be added later on in the year.

MvM Machine Attacks is up to Episode 11 now. And it's possible ep12 is coming out soon!! Who knows! Trends show that they are released about every 2 months.
The previous episodes have had updates, but they have also come to a stop, so I assume everything that can and has been done to them is over. I enquired about the lift in one of the earlier episodes, but there was nothing that can be done about it. So keep jumping to make the lift go down. I havent had many reports about map glitches or crashes so something must be going well, or we have experienced players on the servers.

When it comes to the MvM servers, I am looking at slightly modifying the Easy(#1) and Hard(#2) servers slightly, with #1 being standard and #2 being custom maps. I will be trialing some things over the next couple of months.

STATS TIME AGAIN!!
General: 4302 (20669)
MvM: 7934 (42896)
Trade: 6111 (29701)
Fun: 4188 (17265)

Total: 22535 (110531)

The stat numbers are based on 5 months usage. Not bad really.

As usual I like to mention our admins.
Our admin list got a little cleanup in the last couple of weeks, so there are some changes.
I would like to welcome Meesham and Jacky to the team. These guys are both great assets to the group and to GetSome.

Okay, that's me done for another round. Thank you again for all your support towards GetSome and our TF2 section.

From all the team of admins and VIP's. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Gutty
GetSome TF2 Head Administrator

Posted: February 01, 2015, 12:18:21 am

Offline Bert

• Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...Bert might someday be someone...
Awesome work, nice write up :)

Reply #1 Posted: February 01, 2015, 02:09:05 am