Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Is that the scene of a fight? Blood stains + scuffed mud?

Reply #19525 Posted: March 18, 2014, 01:09:17 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Going to finally finish updating my portfolio + CV tonight and apply for jobs in Auckland and Christchurch just for shits and gigs.

If anyone is looking for a senior designer who favours the corporate side of things rather than the boutique firms with experience working with multiple departments and figure heads, let me know.

Reply #19526 Posted: March 18, 2014, 01:30:25 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Going to finally finish updating my portfolio + CV tonight and apply for jobs in Auckland and Christchurch just for shits and gigs.

If anyone is looking for a senior designer who favours the corporate side of things rather than the boutique firms with experience working with multiple departments and figure heads, let me know.

Good luck mate! hope to see you on our shores !

Reply #19527 Posted: March 18, 2014, 02:03:21 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

You can work for me if you like?

The pay isn't great. In fact, I can't pay you.

And the work isn't the best. In fact, I have no work for you.

But still, the offer remains open :)

Reply #19528 Posted: March 18, 2014, 02:15:36 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I just don't think you can offer me any professional development, sorry.

I need to be somewhere I'm challenged and am able to grow.

Reply #19529 Posted: March 18, 2014, 02:18:06 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I just don't think you can offer me any professional development, sorry.

I need to be somewhere I'm challenged and am able to grow.

There will be challenges. Drink 1 litre of milk in 1 hour.

And growing? Well steroid use here is mandatory.

Reply #19530 Posted: March 18, 2014, 02:28:50 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Rii will be too busy posing nude for me :)

Reply #19531 Posted: March 18, 2014, 02:57:16 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

After the novelty wears off from being single, I think the crappiest thing about being a 'bachelor' is I don't have anyone to show my sweet gains to.

I think my mirror is sick of seeing me flex.

Reply #19532 Posted: March 18, 2014, 03:06:14 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So with new internet at home, I ignored all Cat 5e cables, and just used Cat 6 - I haven't even set up the extra NIC's I can use on the servers I have set up, and the speeds to transfer in the house are hugely faster than at the old place I was at.

The benefit of setting up your own stuff can be so satisfying.

Reply #19533 Posted: March 18, 2014, 03:32:27 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Codex

^Definitely worth tbh

Reply #19534 Posted: March 18, 2014, 03:34:40 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Try reseating the card and cleaning the contacts, also boot without it then boot again with it to reset the kexts/drivers (easier than the software way to do it)

RAM is usually the culprit of these things, you should solve my recovery query in tech area :P

So, the thing about the Airport card... it's tucked at the back of the MBP, underneath the black grill vent. You literally have to follow a 23 step guide to replace it, and the re-seating of the cable may be just as much work. BUT DAMMIT JIM, I'M GOING TO TRY IT!

Reply #19535 Posted: March 18, 2014, 03:58:22 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I keep looking at your avatar, Arsey and thinking "daayyyumm, Kim Dotcom is looking good" don't ban me.

Reply #19536 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:00:53 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
I keep looking at your avatar, Arsey and thinking "daayyyumm, Kim Dotcom is looking good" don't ban me.

God damn it... now I have to change my avatar...

Reply #19537 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:13:21 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

God damn it... now I have to change my avatar...

Change it slowly, and look into my eyes when you do it.

Reply #19538 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:15:09 pm

Codex

So, the thing about the Airport card... it's tucked at the back of the MBP, underneath the black grill vent. You literally have to follow a 23 step guide to replace it, and the re-seating of the cable may be just as much work. BUT DAMMIT JIM, I'M GOING TO TRY IT!
Actually sounds fun to me lol. Would be easier than my issue -____-

Reply #19539 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:16:06 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Knew this would happen. Everybody ends up either in Christchurch or Auckland eventually. Two cities are like black holes which suck people in from the rest of the country.

Reply #19540 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:16:28 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Well that's a first. Someone used "black hole" to describe cities other than Palmerston North.

Reply #19541 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:27:24 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
not sure if racist comment or not.....

I'll say yes, damn darkies in Palmy!

Reply #19542 Posted: March 18, 2014, 04:37:59 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Reaper_Joe

• Devoted Member
  • Reaper_Joe has no influence.
brohugs to Pyro & Ri.
Yeah what growler said

Reply #19543 Posted: March 18, 2014, 05:08:25 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
So also, turns out going installing Steam to a new drive, copying the fucking folders back still means you have to go in and "Install" each game...

Click, click, click...

Reply #19544 Posted: March 18, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.

Reply #19545 Posted: March 18, 2014, 08:15:38 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
What is this? I think it's once you see it you'll shit bricks things...

Is that the scene of a fight? Blood stains + scuffed mud?

Rii gets it first pop, although it wasn't really a fight. It's a crime scene of an assault I had the misfortune of witnessing, but was powerless to stop.
Now I've got to give testimony in court an all sorts of shit. Not looking forward to it.

The fella was curled up on the ground as a group laid into him. Distance from blood stains (face) to feet scuffs is about only a metre.

I live in a nice area, and this was just 600m from home. I'm dark about it, there are no cameras in the area that caught the act, so I feel like it's all going to rest on my story... and I was drunk :(
Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:19:47 am by Pyromanik

Reply #19546 Posted: March 18, 2014, 09:08:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
So also, turns out going installing Steam to a new drive, copying the fucking folders back still means you have to go in and "Install" each game...

Click, click, click...

You can install multiple games via the web.

Login to steam client, leave running, open browser, navigate to your Profile -> Games -> All Games

http://steamcommunity.com/id/arseynimz/games/?tab=all&sort=name

You should see "Ready to Play" for anything currently installed, or "Not Installed" next to a little button you can click to force a remote install.

CLick buttons for all shit you want to install.

Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:39:14 am by Lias

Reply #19547 Posted: March 19, 2014, 08:33:03 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator

Click, click, click...

You can install multiple games via the web.

Login to steam client, leave running, open browser, navigate to your Profile -> Games -> All Games

http://steamcommunity.com/id/arseynimz/games/?tab=all&sort=name

You should see "Ready to Play" for anything currently installed, or "Not Installed" next to a little button you can click to force a remote install.

CLick buttons for all shit you want to install.

OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!! I got about 25% through, and then the desire to drop Titans from the sky took over.

Reply #19548 Posted: March 19, 2014, 10:48:04 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Titans from the sky.

Not heard that one.

Will be using in future.

Reply #19549 Posted: March 19, 2014, 10:58:25 am