Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Codex

^doesn't help but it's comforting to know there are good opportunities out there

Reply #21200 Posted: July 24, 2014, 11:09:43 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
^doesn't help but it's comforting to know there are good opportunities out there

Oh man, so many.

Reply #21201 Posted: July 24, 2014, 01:55:11 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Designing floor to roof building signage for a 7m x 4m by 3m marquee that's made up of 8 panels so all panels are seamless is going to look awesome once done, but christ is it a mind-fuck to plan for (especially when the people involved are full-derp).

Reply #21202 Posted: July 24, 2014, 02:43:53 pm

Codex

Oh man, so many.
So so good, looking forward to starting ;D

Reply #21203 Posted: July 24, 2014, 03:55:21 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
especially when the people involved are full-derp

Seldom are they ever not.

Reply #21204 Posted: July 26, 2014, 08:55:30 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
HAH!

The first time in a long time that the ex hasn't caused me nothing but heartache.

Her US address was still entered in as my billing address on Amazon. HELLO CHEAP PC DIGITAL PURCHASES :D

Reply #21205 Posted: July 26, 2014, 01:18:40 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
HAH!

The first time in a long time that the ex hasn't caused me nothing but heartache.

Her US address was still entered in as my billing address on Amazon. HELLO CHEAP PC DIGITAL PURCHASES :D

I haz US address and shipping facility if any GC's want to utilise. PM me if you do.

Reply #21206 Posted: July 26, 2014, 11:03:55 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
dildos
I haz US address and shipping facility if any GC's want to utilise. PM me if you do.

You know that's what he will send you. alas, I too was curious once.

Reply #21207 Posted: July 27, 2014, 02:08:58 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
And then the wind changed and you stayed that way forever?

Reply #21208 Posted: July 27, 2014, 09:03:47 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
Ah shit. I saw this thread title on the forum and was like... I get it. It's so obvious.

This thread was around for ages when I was here last and the whole time I didn't realize it's title was just an oxymoron.

How else do you put Christchurch and awesome in the same thread title?

Oh. Er. Wait. There's still a Christchurch? Didn't jesus annihilate you wankers a while back?

Reply #21209 Posted: July 27, 2014, 09:40:49 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

The lucrative payouts Oddball gets from his sickness bene has made him delirious.

Reply #21210 Posted: July 27, 2014, 10:37:32 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
There is no sickness benefit.

It's now merged with unemployment (in a sexual manner. don't think 'regular', think 'bum sex') to make job seekers (don't think 'baby', think 'aids'). People with medical things get exempted from the employment seeking component.

Also.

I have never been on unemployment, or job seekers. In 2007 I was on sickness at one point.

I think someone, meaning me, should tell you that the logical conclusion as to why someone on the sickness benefit would be delirious is because they're sick.  :(

Reply #21211 Posted: July 27, 2014, 10:57:17 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
There is no sickness benefit.

It's now merged with unemployment (in a sexual manner. don't think 'regular', think 'bum sex') to make job seekers (don't think 'baby', think 'aids'). People with medical things get exempted from the employment seeking component.

Also.

I have never been on unemployment, or job seekers. In 2007 I was on sickness at one point.

I think someone, meaning me, should tell you that the logical conclusion as to why someone on the sickness benefit would be delirious is because they're sick.  :(

Oh hai

Reply #21212 Posted: July 27, 2014, 11:13:47 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
Oh hai

I remember you! Posting from your husband's account again, not around is he?

Ok, hold on, I haven't really thought this out. Just wondering, deadmeatwalking, are you married?

I'll go back to my corner now.

Reply #21213 Posted: July 27, 2014, 11:16:30 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Oh hai

I remember you! Posting from your husband's account again, not around is he?

Ok, hold on, I haven't really thought this out. Just wondering, deadmeatwalking, are you married?

I'll go back to my corner now.

bro dont tell me my wife gave you gonorrhea as well . *sigh* . is that the reason for the sickness beneficiary ?   

Reply #21214 Posted: July 27, 2014, 11:21:59 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
Tonight I face a terrible dilemma.

I don't know specifically what gonorrhoea is other than the fact that deadmeatwalking can't spell it properly.

There is a solution to that, google. However, that in itself proposes another issue and that's the fact it's probably fucking gross and I'm trying to eat right now. I could wait until I'm not eating, however, I don't have the capacity to care about it that much and I still have another 20 seconds til I'm done. The solution to it probably being gross is to not look at it, which puts me back at square one. This... is a catch 22. OH THE INHUMANITY!

I had a point, but it has long since been forgotten. I'm going to watch some shit ass comedy I pirated called arrested development that's ruined by the presence of michael cera when he was more pedobait than usual. And yes I'm aware that pedo's don't like people his age however I'm pretty sure he's the exception.

Then I will sleep. Then I will wake up because I have a government to file charges against.

Reply #21215 Posted: July 28, 2014, 01:21:54 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

I don't know specifically what gonorrhoea is other than the fact that deadmeatwalking can't spell it properly.

i lol'd, is that like your film making experience on avatar? when peter jackson hired you :P

Reply #21216 Posted: July 28, 2014, 08:11:15 am

Codex

There is a solution to that, google. However, that in itself proposes another issue and that's the fact it's probably fucking gross and I'm trying to eat right now. I could wait until I'm not eating, however, I don't have the capacity to care about it that much and I still have another 20 seconds til I'm done. The solution to it probably being gross is to not look at it, which puts me back at square one. This... is a catch 22. OH THE INHUMANITY!

I had a point, but it has long since been forgotten. I'm going to watch some shit ass comedy I pirated called arrested development that's ruined by the presence of michael cera when he was more pedobait than usual. And yes I'm aware that pedo's don't like people his age however I'm pretty sure he's the exception.

Then I will sleep. Then I will wake up because I have a government to file charges against.

Is it because we didn't stop Kony?

Reply #21217 Posted: July 28, 2014, 08:18:28 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Oddball is having a hard time choosing a personality after so much failure. He had such high hopes to work for Disney as well. Turns out Disney doesn't hire unmotivated plebs despite how easy it is to get a job with them as a slave labour new grad.

Reply #21218 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:03:13 am

Codex

Oddball is having a hard time choosing a personality after so much failure. He had such high hopes to work for Disney as well. Turns out Disney doesn't hire unmotivated plebs despite how easy it is to get a job with them as a slave labour new grad.

I've heard they have rigorous testing involving the modeling of a single blade of grass just to prove the designers/artists worth

Reply #21219 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:16:10 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Ah, most likely the reason they didn't want him. I mean, if you can't render a blade of grass what use are you to the animation industry.

Reply #21220 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:24:26 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I heard Disney has a rigorous hiring policy and is an amazing place to work.

The source is dubious, but a guilty pleasure.

Reply #21221 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:29:59 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Disney World, perhaps.

But as just another cog in the render farm for Disney animation. You're paid shit and worked to your death unless you're a lead or senior of some sort (technical lead, design lead etc).

There's also Disney Studios, which is their branch for live action movies.
Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:42:17 am by Retardobot

Reply #21222 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:38:34 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Ah.

Anyways, I downloaded the Destiny BETA on my 360 yesterday and had a fucking blast with my boy. He did the shooty bits and I helped him with the ready/RPG bits.

Babbys first MMO.

Was a lot of fun. Those with the inclination should check it out.

The menus are possibly the sexiest I've seen. Love the design and feel.

Reply #21223 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:44:33 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

I do love the UI that Bungie did with Halo 3.

I've not bothered with Destiny, and probably wont until I get an Xbox One at some stage.

Reply #21224 Posted: July 28, 2014, 09:54:36 am