Topic: Christchurch Treehouse of Awesome-Where everyone knows your name

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

GetSome. Team up with CL, conquer the world.

This

Reply #21675 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:09:06 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I still don't think Oculus Rift will take off. Thing is too bulky. Need something much more light weight, like a pair of sunglasses.

Then again I've become a bit of a casual gamer these days

I like the that the samsung one is untethered, however mate just got his v2 rift, it's awesome with the sim racer rig we built

Reply #21676 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:09:48 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
W I A F.
(linked to another thread .. but Microsoft in talks to buy MC
http://www.getsome.co.nz/forums/index.php?topic=87715.new#new

Reply #21677 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:40:12 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
W I A F.

Buying it now would be stupid.

I bet a year from now everyone will be bored of mincecraft.

Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:20:08 pm by Spacemonkey

Reply #21678 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:44:41 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
W I A F.

Buying it now would be stupid.

I bet a year from now everyone will be board of mincecraft.

been said before, but i agree the only thing propping it up are the modding community, that and its newly released to the console platforms.

Mojang have no real other games that are notable or worth microsofts interest, how they can say its worthy 2bill to buy astounds me..

Reply #21679 Posted: September 10, 2014, 11:48:07 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
{removed personal information}
Xsannz facebook invite for CL giveaway....
Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:57:15 pm by Xsannz

Reply #21680 Posted: September 10, 2014, 03:10:45 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Reply #21681 Posted: September 10, 2014, 04:55:45 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
So two and a half weeks ago I dropped my Mac. My brand new MacBook Pro. It was literally just 2 months old, albeit a refurbished high spec model off the Apple website. I took it in to iStore in Takapuna and showed them my somewhat beaten up MBP, and asked them the cost to repair such a thing - to which they said, just buy a new one, or try for an insurance claim if your policy allows.

When I bought a new car recently, I switched from State to AA Insurance - both contents and car insurance. In doing so it cost a little bit more, but by God it was easy - all done over the internet while I was in a meeting at work. Literally, I didn't have to speak to any fucker. It was amazing, and exactly how I think insurance and finance should be these days. The ease of signing up, combined with a big NZ brand, and a great rating, I was well happy. So I rang them up and stated my case, "dropped Mac on concrete, shit's fucked" - turns out AA has accidental damage cover for retards like me. State didn't when I looked at my old policy (thank fuck I switched).

I was informed that PB Tech was their preferred supplier for repairs, and as a result I was to take it in to a local store and they would assess it accordingly. So I did. I was given a tracking number, and PB has an online system you can check to see what the status of your job is. I checked on this regularly across the first 48 hours, and the case progressed swiftly. I was even given a 3-5 day timeframe for the repairs to occur. I was almost thinking this was too good to be true.

I dropped it on a Monday, and was hopeful that I might even have it back by Friday (if the 3-5 day turnaround was the target they had stated), or maybe even a Saturday pick up. The weekend came and went, and before I knew it, it was Wednesday. I followed up with PB, and the rather abrupt Asian lady told me nothing more than what I could already see online. So I rang up on Thursday, and got the very same response following which I rang AA.

The AA dude handling my case hit it at pace, and yelled at some Asians. They informed him that the parts were to arrive on Monday, and that it would be repaired with 24 hours thereafter. Sweet - Tuesday pickup/delivery of my beloved MBP after which I would then have to rigorously check it's stability. So I left it be for the weekend and waited. Tuesday arrived and I forgot that it would be back to me until around 2pm and I realised. I brought up the job tracker on PB's site, and lo and behold it was still "job in progress".

Fucking shit fuck. I rang the AA, and spoke to the awesome dude handling the claim, Martin. He said he had literally just got off the phone to them, and there was a problem. They hadn't checked the logic board or otherwise for the two weeks they had it, and rather had just gone for the replacement shell to fix it. As a result, once they'd put it together, the machine actually had problems. Martin proceeded to inform me that he had already spoken to JB HiFi, and that they had a replacement machine in stock at a few stores, and a JB HiFi person would be in touch.

I picked up a brand new MBP yesterday. It is all up and running right now. I got an upspec'd version from the refurb version I had, with the machine being an i7 2.5GHz CPU, and 1GB GPU where the previous was an i5 2.3GHz, and 512MB GPU. All other specs are the same. Oh, and because I only gave PB the laptop, I got to keep the power adapter, so now I have two.

tl;dr - I dropped my laptop, PB Tech service area are retards, AA Insurance are fucking awesome, I have a new better laptop.

Reply #21682 Posted: September 10, 2014, 05:26:49 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
AA are top cunts, agreed.

PB Tech, fucking idiots. You'd think a business would do a better job at making money.

Reply #21683 Posted: September 10, 2014, 05:35:58 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Hmmm, it's a shame my insurance company hadn't annoyed me, otherwise that story would make me switch lol

On another note, this made my day:
Penis-shaped gummies shock NZ lolly lovers
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/food-news/10482305/Penis-shaped-gummies-shock-NZ-lolly-lovers

Reply #21684 Posted: September 10, 2014, 07:02:06 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Finally I can check "mouthful of cocks" off of my bucket list!

Reply #21685 Posted: September 10, 2014, 07:33:15 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I know this is what you've all been waiting for...

A song about Natalie Portman's Tapeworm...

I present "Tapeworm Uprising" by Mongol Horde (a fucking awesome name for a band...)

Tapeworm Uprising
Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:05:54 pm by Speakman

Reply #21686 Posted: September 10, 2014, 08:01:07 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
idek

Reply #21687 Posted: September 11, 2014, 06:31:14 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I switched to AA awhile ago, haven't had to claim yet, but this story made me happy in the pants.

Reply #21688 Posted: September 11, 2014, 08:13:29 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
I switched to AA awhile ago, haven't had to claim yet, but this story made me happy in the pants.
everything makes you happy in the pants.

Reply #21689 Posted: September 11, 2014, 08:22:45 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
everything makes you happy in the pants.

Lies.. just most things.

Reply #21690 Posted: September 11, 2014, 08:46:12 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
We were with state pre EQ.

New car (turbo caldina) had to nominate 2 drivers and only they could drive, $2000 theft excess and heaps of other bollocks. It's a stock turbo (which just happens to be 260BHP:D)

After we purchased new home, in an area which literally had minimal EQ claims, any claims were cosmetic only. They refused insurance without a plethora of paperwork including engineers reports and heaps of other shit..... Brand new home, with CoC from the council and they still wanted it.

Left state and went with AON for everything. Car excess $200, no restrictions, house fully covered with no hidden agenda/loop holes. Premiums cheaper! And great policy details.

So AON used IAG (state,ami etc) for the house, AA for cars and brokered a super sweet policy for all the things.

TLDR, a broker can get you much better deals with much better policy cover.

Reply #21691 Posted: September 11, 2014, 10:50:47 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Wait, what happened to the digital nations lan thinger?

Reply #21692 Posted: September 13, 2014, 07:43:21 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Codex

Wait, what happened to the digital nations lan thinger?
Was wondering this too o:

Reply #21693 Posted: September 13, 2014, 08:12:18 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Playtech showed up like a nasty rash and getsome pulled out because dignity, which is good.

Digital NatioNZ is still a go ahead just without getsome taking part. I believe some of the head admins are still going to go to the event and i'm sure some regulars may as well.

In all honesty I think it was a good idea because Digital NatioNZ last year was absolutely terrible. The only "competitve gaming" they had was a few computers playing LoL, which isn't a game I enjoy.

Apart from that they had poor displays of the oculus rift from media design school, a 3d printer to print a tennis ball sized model, costing you around 70$, and a few /mlp/ apps.

At the time I thought it was a gigantic waste of $20, and to bump the price up to 50 or 60$, or what ever it is, definitely doesn't seem worth it in my eyes.
Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:19:12 pm by `Kayne

Reply #21694 Posted: September 13, 2014, 08:15:07 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Playtech showed up like a nasty rash and getsome pulled out because dignity, which is good.

Playtech would be enough to put me off any business venture.

Shame though, even though I have zero interest in attending a lan at the other end of the country it definitely seemed like the right direction getsome should be going.

Reply #21695 Posted: September 13, 2014, 10:01:35 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
^ Indeed.
I take it there's refunding and stuff happening under the radar.
Sad really.

Reply #21696 Posted: September 14, 2014, 12:37:58 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
Well, this weekend has been busy

Caught up with an old friend, nek minnit, booked flights to Vegas..

Took me like an hour to take a passport photo that meets all those crazy specifications..

Hope my leave gets approved at work >< lol

Reply #21697 Posted: September 14, 2014, 10:01:05 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
Shame though, even though I have zero interest in attending a lan at the other end of the country it definitely seemed like the right direction getsome should be going.

And we do still plan to go in that direction :)
It may take a while, but we will get there.. good things take time right?

Reply #21698 Posted: September 14, 2014, 10:02:27 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

WOOO! Awesome shit, Craig!

I spent the entire weekend on the couch playing Destiny. HOLY SHIT what a sweet game. I had no intentions of buying it because I didn't want to play it on my peasant box 360 but fist me and call me Bruce it's a great game. I literally did not get off the couch unless I needed to eat, shit, piss or shower.

Reply #21699 Posted: September 14, 2014, 11:39:16 pm