Topic: What did you do to your vehicle today?

Codex

^Name the shopping list xD

Reply #475 Posted: August 18, 2011, 03:44:58 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Quote from: NZGramps;1412259
priced up some rather expensive parts for the car

Your fault for owning a euro....... what did you break?

@codex it's not the springs worn through the rubber stop where its sits in cradle/shock

Reply #476 Posted: August 18, 2011, 03:46:36 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
@ codex - can always brin it round to my place and throw it in the garage to have a looks if ya want another set of eyes

Reply #477 Posted: August 18, 2011, 03:46:50 pm

Codex

Quote from: mayhem_lee;1412263

@codex it's not the springs worn through the rubber stop where its sits in cradle/shock
NFI lol, that being the rubber piece between the top of the strut where it mounts and the strut itself? (Not awfully car savvy tbh)

Quote from: Xsannz;1412264
@ codex - can always brin it round to my place and throw it in the garage to have a looks if ya want another set of eyes
Yeah could do tomorrow.

Reply #478 Posted: August 18, 2011, 03:51:39 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mayhem_lee;1412263

Good point mayhem mm. @codex yeah bring it round I'll have a check for you and I'll look in my parts bits I think I actually have a spare bump stop from my sub

Reply #479 Posted: August 18, 2011, 04:09:30 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Ps I started work on my other wife today (96 rvf400) that was insurance wreck winter project got her started but needs a tune and stripped the fairings drown to start plastic welding and sorting the mangled bits and putting a parts list together

Reply #480 Posted: August 18, 2011, 04:11:23 pm

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1412260
^Name the shopping list xD

so far......... (thanks by the way Donkey)

VR6 Golf 97' the list is longer but this is the more important stuff

possibly Central locking vacuum pump (not too fussed ca live without)
Auto tensioner for auxiliary belt
Throttle body (i really frickin hope the mechanic can repair this)

MKIVGolf 99'

Central Locking motor passenger rear door...... so far

Feking Euros wish i didnt like them this much

most of the stuff i can do myself all i need is a lot of beer and a sunny weekend its the cost of the parts that hurts.

Reply #481 Posted: August 18, 2011, 04:27:24 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline DeeUnit

• Devoted Member
  • DeeUnit has no influence.
Codesex, it's your bumpstop, when it was rebuilt (if it was), they just forgot to stick one back in, being a bolt on jobby and all.

I'm missing some in mine aswell, makes for some sweet knocks.

Reply #482 Posted: August 18, 2011, 05:30:38 pm
I got 99 problems but bein\' a bitch ain\'t one.

Codex

Quote from: DeeUnit;1412310
Codesex, it's your bumpstop, when it was rebuilt (if it was), they just forgot to stick one back in, being a bolt on jobby and all.

It has only been doing it in the last month or two though o-o

Reply #483 Posted: August 18, 2011, 06:32:32 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Quote from: Codex;1412330
It has only been doing it in the last month or two though o-o

be the springy thingy lol ive only got 40mm suspension travel in my car and they wear out and can hear the knocking.

Reply #484 Posted: August 18, 2011, 07:29:52 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: mayhem_lee;1412356
be the springy thingy lol ive only got 40mm suspension travel in my car and they wear out and can hear the knocking.

Quote from: DeeUnit;1412310

Holy remote-diagnosis Batman!!

Reply #485 Posted: August 18, 2011, 07:36:21 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Codex

lol any suggestions matt?

Reply #486 Posted: August 18, 2011, 08:03:57 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
No idea, but knocks that seem to come from somewhere could turn out to be a lot of things. I would be very hesitant to give definite answers over the internet, between the proximate and distal inaccuracies :P

Reply #487 Posted: August 19, 2011, 04:30:07 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Codex

Just use my teleporter bro, leads to my spawn

Reply #488 Posted: August 19, 2011, 07:30:49 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1412531
Just use my teleporter bro, leads to my spawn

Just beam him up Scotty

Reply #489 Posted: August 19, 2011, 10:44:56 am

Codex

Looking for good places that do AVS alarm installations in chch if anyone has had a good experience with any? Currently have a Uniden and can't stand it -_-

Reply #490 Posted: September 04, 2011, 11:32:20 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Pauls Audio do them - I've heard good things about those guys, but iirc they're also quite spenny.

Reply #491 Posted: September 04, 2011, 11:46:05 pm

Codex

Cheers hori, will check them out. Says $650 on their site, most say around 600-700.

Reply #492 Posted: September 05, 2011, 08:28:27 am

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
Sold my car last week for 4.8k looking at buying this on sunday hopefully http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=403049828

Reply #493 Posted: September 09, 2011, 11:21:22 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Cleaned mine yesterday. Surprised to find it's blue.

Reply #494 Posted: September 09, 2011, 11:23:41 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
Purchased a 97 impreza hatch, New wiper blades all round had to replace a blown headlight, gave it a wash and then it rained so back to dirty again.

Just swaped the JVC KD406 stereo out for a panasonic one with usb input. Cant say i own a ipod or bluetooth device for music so jvc is no use to me

Reply #495 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:28:44 pm

Codex

Awesome xD can't find any good replacement blades :/ I've used repco and supercheap ones and both have shat out within a month so any recommendations for non terrible blades? (I even bought the 'premium' blades from both)

Going to lift car up this weekend hopefully and check all the bolts on the noisy strut to see if there's something loose clunking it around.

Reply #496 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:40:08 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
Quote from: Codex;1422514
Awesome xD can't find any good replacement blades :/ I've used repco and supercheap ones and both have shat out within a month so any recommendations for non terrible blades? (I even bought the 'premium' blades from both)

Going to lift car up this weekend hopefully and check all the bolts on the noisy strut to see if there's something loose clunking it around.

I paid $10 or $8 for 3 wiper blades from owens suspension and brakes dont know what brand or type they use but i've never had any issues with them. The other amount either $10 or $8 was for a new bulb lol so this comment was all of no help haha

Reply #497 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:43:48 pm

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
am currently being driven up the wall by a knocking sound coming from what i think is the back of the car, i have checked all obvious things still nothing, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #498 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:54:09 pm
Keep off the Lawn!!

Codex

Hahahaha same boat as me almost gramps :P

Reply #499 Posted: September 16, 2011, 01:58:09 pm