Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I think that Mclaren need to be severely punished for letting Lewis run a muck on a open road, they should definitely have their constructors stripped for next year.

Reply #25 Posted: December 21, 2007, 12:35:14 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: Spork;618642
I think that Mclaren need to be severely punished for letting Lewis run a muck on a open road, they should definitely have their constructors stripped for next year.

agreed.

also....

"Ferrari still fuming over spy case"
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64451

LET IT GO !!!111!!

Reply #26 Posted: December 21, 2007, 01:46:14 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Jean Todt
"Should Ron Dennis be banned? ...... This is a world that goes around quickly."

Damn right it does, you fucken poisonous gnome. Don't worry, you'll get yours.

Reply #27 Posted: December 21, 2007, 04:10:09 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Et tu Tofu?

Reply #28 Posted: December 21, 2007, 10:35:23 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4333/jeantodt64ys7.jpg
The Official Formula 1 thread

Reply #29 Posted: December 22, 2007, 12:30:43 am
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
lol fragin.

The new cars are getting unveiled soon!

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2008/1/7213.html

Countdown to launches gets underway...

Although 2008 may be less than a week old, the Formula One teams are already looking forward to the coming season and many have plans in place to launch their new challengers this month.

Ferrari are expected to kick off proceedings at their Fiorano test track this weekend with their F1 2008. The Italian squad’s latest design, the successor to the championship-winning F2007, is due to be unveiled in Italy on Sunday, ahead of a shakedown run the following day.

McLaren will follow Ferrari’s lead a day later in Germany. Despite previously announcing they had no plans for an official launch, the British team have now revealed that the MP4-23 will make its debut at the Mercedes-Benz museum in Stuttgart on Monday.

Elsewhere in Germany, Toyota plan to reveal their 2008 car, the TF108, at the Japanese team’s technical centre in Cologne on January 10. The squad’s drivers, including new-signing Timo Glock, will be in attendance, alongside members of the team’s management.

The BMW Sauber F1.08 will also be unveiled in Germany. The German-Swiss squad will take the wraps of their new car at BMW Welt, a new BMW vehicle delivery centre in Munich on January 14. The 2008 challenger will then make its test debut in Valencia, Spain, a day later.

Red Bull are next in line, with the Austrian squad launching their new car, the RB4, during testing at Jerez in Spain on January 16. Meanwhile, Honda will reveal the RA108 at their UK headquarters in Brackley on January 29, with CEO Nick Fry, new team principal Ross Brawn and race drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello all present.

As they did in 2007, Renault have again planned a two-pronged launch for their new challenger. The R28 will be officially unveiled at the French team’s corporate communications headquarters in Paris, France, on January 31. However, the media will get its first sighting of the new machine a week earlier, as the car is expected to be in action during testing in Valencia.

Williams are yet to announce their plans, although it is understood that the British team may choose to eschew an official launch in favour of a low-key test debut for their new Toyota-powered challenger. There has also been no official word yet from Super Aguri or Force India. Rival team Toro Rosso are expected to start the new season with an updated version of 2007's STR02, before debuting their new car later in the year.

The launch line-up:
January 6 - Ferrari F1 2008, Fiorano, Italy
January 7 - McLaren MP4-23, Stuttgart, Germany
January 10 - Toyota TF108, Cologne, Germany
January 14 - BMW Sauber F1.08, Munich, Germany
January 16 - Red Bull RB4, Jerez, Spain
January 29 - Honda RA108, Brackley, UK
January 31 - Renault R28, Paris, France

Make sure to stay in touch with Formula1.com over the coming weeks for the latest news and pictures of all the 2008 cars.

Reply #30 Posted: January 04, 2008, 06:41:01 pm

Offline HyperBlade

• Addicted
  • HyperBlade has no influence.
Roll on the A1GP much better then the boring one sided affair of F1.

Taupo 21-23rd Jan, lets hope there.s some passing room this time.

Reply #31 Posted: January 05, 2008, 07:03:18 pm

Offline Quasikomodo

• Just settled in
  • Quasikomodo has no influence.
Quote from: HyperBlade;626649
Roll on the A1GP much better then the boring one sided affair of F1.

I like A1GP but it is a bit of an amateur affair compared to F1!!
...... and how could you possibly call F1 boring and one sided after last year!?

Reply #32 Posted: January 08, 2008, 07:54:52 pm
a cpu, a motherboard, some ram, a gfx card, an optical drive (or 2), a hdd (or 4) and a psu... all in an aluminium case (oops, actually changed to a steel case now!!)

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
45 Days, 12 Hours, 3 Minutes & 15 Seconds

until the 2008 F1 season kicks off.
[/B][/COLOR]

Reply #33 Posted: January 28, 2008, 11:57:30 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea can't fucken' wait. I am seriously considering going.

Reply #34 Posted: January 28, 2008, 11:59:54 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
I wanted to but I don't think it will happen.

How much are decent tickets?

Reply #35 Posted: January 29, 2008, 12:09:32 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Baffled;644566
I wanted to but I don't think it will happen.

How much are decent tickets?

Well I went in 06 and got ticekts i nthe Senna stand.. They are around my room somewhere.. uhh.. hold up.

$409.00

That is on the outside of the last corner (where Montoya spun out at the end of the warmup lap, then raikonnen and schuey crashed and where buttons car blew up)

So yea would probably go there again if I did. Well worth it even if the tickets were free then. :P

Birthdays ftw.

Reply #36 Posted: January 29, 2008, 12:24:07 am

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Ah yep I just checked the map, looks good place to be.

The one next to it would be my choice (probably most expensive), Schumacher Stand at turn 15.

Damnit, I want to go.

Reply #37 Posted: January 29, 2008, 12:36:15 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea thats Aussie as well so no idea what that is in NZ.

Reply #38 Posted: January 29, 2008, 12:46:55 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Prices

Not too bad, $409 for Schuey stand.

EDIT: Looking at the current map, the Senna stand used to be combined with the Prost stand I think, well where I sat was right in the middle of the corner so you could see the whole section where they go into the pits and right up to about the front of the grid.

Would be good if you could trial the tickets or something, as the thing I don't like about seats on corners is the cars go heaps slow around the corners, and I wanna see them go flat out. Or at least pedal to the metal.

On the inside of Turn 15 would be pretty sweet I reckon, but yea. The map says they go about 85 K's around Turn 15 (I remember from all the F1 games it is like the slowest corner on the circuit :P)

Reply #39 Posted: January 29, 2008, 12:48:39 am

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;644602
Prices

Not too bad, $409 for Schuey stand.

EDIT: Looking at the current map, the Senna stand used to be combined with the Prost stand I think, well where I sat was right in the middle of the corner so you could see the whole section where they go into the pits and right up to about the front of the grid.

Would be good if you could trial the tickets or something, as the thing I don't like about seats on corners is the cars go heaps slow around the corners, and I wanna see them go flat out. Or at least pedal to the metal.

On the inside of Turn 15 would be pretty sweet I reckon, but yea. The map says they go about 85 K's around Turn 15 (I remember from all the F1 games it is like the slowest corner on the circuit :P)

Would you see across to the other side of the track? and up the straight from turn 15?

Fine I will take moss stand.

Reply #40 Posted: January 29, 2008, 01:36:43 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Baffled;644664
Would you see across to the other side of the track? and up the straight from turn 15?

Fine I will take moss stand.

You mean up pit straight? Or up the straight leading into turn 15?

I don't think you could see up pit straight, you might be able to actually.

No idea about seeing the straight leading into turn 15 though.

Reply #41 Posted: January 29, 2008, 01:45:02 am

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Need a big screen to watch >.<

Reply #42 Posted: January 29, 2008, 02:00:18 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Baffled;644698
Need a big screen to watch >.<

From memory there is one on the inside of the last corner, viewable from the Senna stand, but yea that is the only one I can remember and I guess it is quite possible that they move them around from year to year.

EDIT: I guess they would have one which is viewable by each of the main grand stands.

Reply #43 Posted: January 29, 2008, 02:14:23 am

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
F1 is talking about budget caps. Mosley's all set to bring it in in 2009 I believe.

I've had an idea....

Instead of having a budget cap per se, let the teams spend what they want but scale their points according to the difference between what they spend and a nominated amount, say $100M. Ie) if a team spends exactly $100M their points multiplier will be exactly 1.0. If they spend more than $100M their multiplier is < 1, less and their multiplier is > 1. When a team scores points the number of points is multiplied by their multiplier to calculate how many actual points they get. Get it?

A team like Super Aguri with sweet f.a. budget gets a high multiplier so when they score some points they end up getting lots of points. Conversely a team like McLaren spends big $$$ but whenever they score points their multiplier reduces that to a pittance. It would make a completely level playing field.

The teams that can build a fast car in the most efficient way possible would win. Probably a team like Williams.

edit: don't worry i've just realised why it wouldn't work. :dragon:

Reply #44 Posted: February 02, 2008, 09:28:02 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/03/2153083.htm

Australian GP quite possibly fucked.

A report on the auto race, tabled in Victorian state parliament last October, revealed revenue decreased from $47.5 million in 2006 to $43.4 million last year.

Last year's Australian Grand Prix ran at a loss of nearly $35 million.

Since the event moved from Adelaide, the Melbourne GP has lost more than $120 million.

Since it was moved from Adelaide, SO MOVE IT BACK YOU NUBS! :P

Reply #45 Posted: February 03, 2008, 03:14:21 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
There was a 2008 preview aired on TV in the UK recently, it's available on most websites.. Probably even Googling it would find it, don't think it would be a good idea to link to it on her so yea.

Just watching it now, looks interesting, will get me thinking until Sunday :D

Reply #46 Posted: March 11, 2008, 06:00:28 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;649094
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/03/2153083.htm

Australian GP quite possibly fucked.

Since it was moved from Adelaide, SO MOVE IT BACK YOU NUBS! :P
Nope, won't happen, and unless the AUssies introduce night racing they'll lose it completely.

Ecclestone is only interested in the $$$ not taking F1 around the world, and he loses all the advertising revenue if the Europeans aren't watching - which they don't when the race is in the middle of their night.

Reply #47 Posted: March 11, 2008, 06:40:21 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Xt1ncT;674391
Nope, won't happen, and unless the AUssies introduce night racing they'll lose it completely.

Ecclestone is only interested in the $$$ not taking F1 around the world, and he loses all the advertising revenue if the Europeans aren't watching - which they don't when the race is in the middle of their night.

Yea I saw at the end of the preview show that the Aust. race is on at 3am Pom time.

At least if it was in Adelaide it would be on at 2:30am :P

Fairly sure Ron Dennis or what ever the Aussie F1 guys name is says there are no plans on changing the race to a night race, but I guess hopefully they will when they find out Bernie is for real.

Reply #48 Posted: March 11, 2008, 07:36:08 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Bernie should hold the whole series at one track that he can reconfigure.

[They all look the same now anyway]

Save moving the whole circus round the world.

If money's all he's interested in.

Reply #49 Posted: March 11, 2008, 09:28:15 pm