Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
and its not like i was speeding i had the speedo and cruise control set at 100 dead on..  its amazing how many people cant hold constant speed on cruise control i still fly past people with it set at 100 only for  them to get shitty and then race past me again and 5 min later i sail past again... it makes me laugh....

cant wait for self driving cars it will fix all the cunts who cant drive.

Reply #650 Posted: February 16, 2015, 01:21:48 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
cant wait for self driving cars it will fix all the cunts who cant drive.

yes, this will be awesome.

Reply #651 Posted: February 16, 2015, 01:31:13 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
People who continue to drive slow after passing an accident on the motorway. It annoys me when people still trundle along at 40kph when there are huge gaps in front of them. Meanwhile I'm accelerating back up to 80.

but get to a passing lane and they do 120kmh so you cant pass then slow down....

Fuck, that ruins me. People who speed up coming up to a passing lane. It's some stupid switch that fires inside a drivers head where they decide to go faster for no reason. If people are lining up behind me on an open road (while I'm going 100kph) and there's a passing lane, I will actually drop back down to 90kph to make the passing safer.

I was at this NZTA focus group and the NZTA guy mentioned this, he said that as the road widens for the passing lane subconsciously drivers speed up due to the widening of the road(or something like that, was ages ago), also occurs in the transition from regular sized 100kph roads to motorways.

Reply #652 Posted: February 16, 2015, 05:34:06 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Large trucks driving on inside lane of Motorway, usually next to another truck for moving road block

^&*&(%^&^&&*(&*

Reply #653 Posted: February 16, 2015, 05:37:48 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
People who come onto internet forums and just complain about traffic.

Annoys me so much.

Reply #654 Posted: February 17, 2015, 05:21:12 am

I didn't even know this was a thing.

Court-siding - People watching a game and texting what's going on to someone else so they can make bets on the game where the broadcasting time delayed.

I don't even understand how this can be a thing, who would be dumb enough to accept bets on a sports event that has already happened?!

And it's absurd that they are blaming the people who paid money to watch the game live.

Just broadcast the game live, then it wouldn't be a problem.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket-world-cup/news/article.cfm?c_id=497&objectid=11403636

Reply #655 Posted: February 18, 2015, 06:09:49 am

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I think its more live betting. Like there are bets on who is the next man out, or method of dismissal etc. So if you are quick enough, you can get the bet in before they suspend the betting (because someone has got out so they need to update the odds).

Reply #656 Posted: February 18, 2015, 07:41:37 am

I think its more live betting. Like there are bets on who is the next man out, or method of dismissal etc. So if you are quick enough, you can get the bet in before they suspend the betting (because someone has got out so they need to update the odds).

I realise that.

But in my view, if someone is quick enough to get a bet in, then all power to them.

If the place that offers betting does not like that, then they should not offer those kind of bets.

Reply #657 Posted: February 18, 2015, 08:46:37 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

I realise that.

But in my view, if someone is quick enough to get a bet in, then all power to them.

If the place that offers betting does not like that, then they should not offer those kind of bets.

The betting industry isn't in  it to pay out. At the TAB they'll ban you if you get it right too often.

Reply #658 Posted: February 18, 2015, 10:46:54 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
No?
Why no?
We got a phone call today from Orcon
The fibre has been disconnected at the exchange
It will take another four days to reconnect it

Reply #659 Posted: February 18, 2015, 03:05:36 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

So four more days of no Tiwa.

I'm not complaining.

jokes :p

Reply #660 Posted: February 18, 2015, 03:47:29 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
When you spend hours upgrading your web server in a test environment
only to implement the changes in the live environment and have it "just not work" for no reason at all, resulting in your website going down for a while until you revert everything back.

/hatecomputers.

Reply #661 Posted: February 19, 2015, 01:35:20 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
And then when you finally figure out its the CMS's STUPID DAMN CACHE

Welcome to a new webserver gaize, hopefully it performs a bit better.

Reply #662 Posted: February 19, 2015, 01:52:50 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
People who aren't Spacemonkey.

Reply #663 Posted: February 19, 2015, 03:07:11 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
24hour stomach bugs that result in my day starting at 1:30am with the 7 year old projectile vomiting her entire room to hell,  thank god for spare room, finally got her cleaned up showered and into the spare bed and cleaned her room , sheets, duvet , walls, all in the wash by 3am.

8 month old wakes up at 4am, gets given a feed and then procedes to projectile all over me :(, so i clean her up have a shower get her back in bed..

wife wakes up and vomits down the stairs,  finish cleaning that up it's now 7:30.

this cycle went for most of the day yesterday, suffice to say i am knackered today

Reply #664 Posted: February 20, 2015, 06:43:07 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
Just wait until you start

Reply #665 Posted: February 20, 2015, 09:38:21 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Just wait until you start

huh...  nah, I have a South African stomach constitution, ive never been food poisoned, turns out it was the pizza from the dominoes that opened 3 days ago up the road..  i ate the same thing they got sick i didn't,  thank good good old South African water has that much ecoli in it naturally so South Africans in general have a resistance to ecoli poisoning..
Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:48:17 am by Xsannz

Reply #666 Posted: February 20, 2015, 11:46:18 am

huh...  nah, I have a South African stomach constitution, ive never been food poisoned, turns out it was the pizza from the dominoes that opened 3 days ago up the road..  i ate the same thing they got sick i didn't,  thank good good old South African water has that much ecoli in it naturally so South Africans in general have a resistance to ecoli poisoning..

Same here (apart from the South African bit), I hardly ever get any kind of food poising. Yet my Wife does eating the same food.

Reply #667 Posted: February 20, 2015, 03:13:52 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I think men have much stronger flora in their gut for when it comes to digesting food.

If you think about it, we were out hunting for days at a time, on the hunt eating whatever carcass we came across. Women were back in the caves eating fruit and berries they had scrounged from near by shrubs.

It's science.

Reply #668 Posted: February 20, 2015, 03:31:24 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!

Same here (apart from the South African bit), I hardly ever get any kind of food poising. Yet my Wife does eating the same food.
One thing I find amusing is that if you take somebody who grew up in the country (ie me!) and compare them to a city dweller, they cant handle anything.

I can eat raw roo (no lies) and drink muddy dam water np. but as soon as a city dweller looks at under cooked food, its a trip the the hospital. 8)

Reply #669 Posted: February 20, 2015, 06:01:05 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Agile software development aka Agile
If you don't know what it is then rejoice
If you do know what it is then it is one of the most horrible things ever created, thanks for agreeing.

Thankfully, I'm not the only one who hates it
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/01/08/erik_meijer_agile_is_a_cancer_we_have_to_eliminate_from_the_industry/
“Agile is a cancer that we have to eliminate from the industry," said Meijer; harsh words for a methodology that started in the nineties as a lightweight alternative to bureaucratic and inflexible approaches to software development.

Reply #670 Posted: February 20, 2015, 06:22:41 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
injuring old knee injuries - right knee is currently twice the size of hte left one  >:(

Reply #671 Posted: February 20, 2015, 08:19:34 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Don't get me started on knees, got arthritis in both of mine and just cant get them good again.

Reply #672 Posted: February 20, 2015, 08:29:38 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Is there some law that says the closer you get to the middle of a city, the more likely it is for drivers to forget how traffic lights work?

I saw 2 almost crashes at intersections on my walk into work today.

Reply #673 Posted: March 02, 2015, 11:00:49 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Is there some law that says the closer you get to the middle of a city, the more likely it is for drivers to forget how traffic lights work?

I saw 2 almost crashes at intersections on my walk into work today.

Brain drain affect?

Reply #674 Posted: March 02, 2015, 11:10:46 am