Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
We just need to build a giant autobahn from Auckland to Welly, so people can go any speed they like.

Reply #750 Posted: April 30, 2015, 07:30:44 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
We just need to build a giant autobahn from Auckland to Welly, so people can go any speed they like.

But no one would use it. Who wants to go to Wellington?

Reply #751 Posted: April 30, 2015, 07:34:49 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I found this in the newspaper but forgot to take a picture of it.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-times/news/68095025/tai-chi-group-booted-by-church
Tai chi group booted by church

A tai chi class made up of elderly women and arthritis sufferers has been booted out of a church hall over fears they are a threat to the church's "spiritual wellbeing".

The group's leader said the 20 women had been practising tai chi in the Central Southland Presbyterian Parish hall without issue for five years, but were approached by parish council clerk John Willis and told to leave last month.

Willis' approach came "out of the blue" and had left the group shocked and upset, she said.

"[The parish council] decided because tai chi had religious links we'd have to go," the woman said.

"Maybe it did hundreds of years ago when it was started by a Taoist monk, but the classes I teach are for older ladies and arthritis sufferers and have absolutely no religious significance."

The teacher said Willis' manner was "quite rude" and she could not understand why he had not discussed his concerns with her before deciding to exclude the group from the hall.

She had booked the hall for the remainder of the year but had to cancel the booking and find a new hall, which was not as well suited to the group's needs.

"If I could have just talked to them about this before it all happened, we could have avoided this whole thing," she said.

"I've been going to church since I was 13 but I won't be going back - that's how much this has affected me.

"All the other ladies have had to go home and tell their families. It's upset so many people and it's enough to put anyone off the church."

Ad Feedback

Willis said he had written to the leader of the group to apologise for the way he approached the issue.

He had not meant to cause offence, he said.

The council had spent "a considerable amount of time" debating the issue and acknowledged many of the women were achieving better health as a result of the classes, he said.

Willis said while the council understood the programme did not include any religious content, it believed tai chi conflicted with the church's teachings and threatened the church's spiritual wellbeing.

"As church leaders we need to look after everyone in the parish, and their spiritual wellbeing," he said.

"The first commandment is that we must honour God and have no other God before us, and having come from Taoism tai chi is promoting another God."

Willis said he believed most people weren't aware of the origins of tai chi and believed they were just doing exercises.

There had been discussions about allowing the group to remain in the hall if they stopped referring to the activities as tai chi, but the teacher had declined this, he said.

He was saddened that some parishioners had become disheartened with the church.

"We don't have a problem with any individual, it was just the tai chi," Willis said.

"We're saddened that we've upset some people and that they've taken it personally, because that's not what we wanted.

"Sometimes in upholding the truth people get hurt, but I hope they will come back to the church."

Reply #752 Posted: April 30, 2015, 10:06:59 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
also i have heard that apparently most of the lazer / radar guns are not calibrated to that level of precision.

I don't think it's that they're not calibrated, just that they produce too many false positives because the tech involved isn't infallible. It relies heavily on whom ever is holding the gun, it's not just simply point and shoot.

Reply #753 Posted: May 01, 2015, 10:03:28 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
I simply point and shoot, and my interface is user friendly and ergonomically shaped for right handers, with a subtle curve to the left

Reply #754 Posted: May 01, 2015, 12:03:25 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

This sensationalist bullshit.

What about 2011/2012 and 2012/2013? we've only had one summer of 1% tolerance, one data point does not make an argument.

Reply #755 Posted: May 01, 2015, 08:43:15 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Not to mention this: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11388045

"It's been labelled a revenue-gathering mission, but the police "zero tolerance" summer speed limit campaign contributed just $420 in fines.

This week, Police Minister Michael Woodhouse was forced to admit messages had been "a bit mixed" after controversy erupted over the campaign.

Late last year police top brass had warned motorists if they went just 1km/h over the speed limit they would be stopped. But between December 1 and Tuesday, just 14 drivers were ticketed. One was fined for going 1km/h over the speed limit, five for going 3km/h over and eight for going 4km/h over.

Each motorist was fined $30 and incurred 10 demerit points.

In comparison 13 drivers were fined in the corresponding period during 2013-14.

New Zealand First MP Ron Mark has called on police to refund the money to drivers.

He called the campaign a failure as the holiday road toll topped 17 - more than double last year's.

"They should not underestimate the amount of damage this screw-up has done to their reputation and the sensible thing for them to do now is refund those fines," he said.

But a police spokesman said each fine was reviewed and police were satisfied they were issued appropriately.

- Herald on Sunday"

Reply #756 Posted: May 01, 2015, 09:49:00 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Ron Mark sounds like a dick.

Reply #757 Posted: May 02, 2015, 12:25:34 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Am I the only person around here who thinks that the police should not be doing traffic enforcement at all? It was better when the MOT had a separate traffic section for that shit.

Maybe if we split them off again the police would have time to actually you know, investigate real crimes. A huge amount of minor offending goes unpunished in NZ, because police do not have the time/resources/political motivation (no fines income!) to deal with it.

I miss the days when a burglary would have 3 cops cars at your house in 5 minutes and  a truant kid would be dragged home to the parents by the ears with a size 10 up the jacksie (back when the police actually had size standards and didn't hire 5ft midgets).

Reply #758 Posted: May 02, 2015, 01:06:53 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Am I the only person around here who thinks that the police should not be doing traffic enforcement at all? It was better when the MOT had a separate traffic section for that shit.

Maybe if we split them off again the police would have time to actually you know, investigate real crimes. A huge amount of minor offending goes unpunished in NZ, because police do not have the time/resources/political motivation (no fines income!) to deal with it.

I miss the days when a burglary would have 3 cops cars at your house in 5 minutes and  a truant kid would be dragged home to the parents by the ears with a size 10 up the jacksie (back when the police actually had size standards and didn't hire 5ft midgets).

you just hope they will hire you :)

Reply #759 Posted: May 04, 2015, 05:49:38 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator

You know you can get a job as a cop even with a criminal record now, so I probably could if I was even slightly enthusiastic about that idea.. I'd get fired in a week after I took the first prick out the back and beat them to death when they so desperately deserved it.

Reply #760 Posted: May 04, 2015, 11:07:14 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

You know you can get a job as a cop even with a criminal record now, so I probably could if I was even slightly enthusiastic about that idea.. I'd get fired in a week after I took the first prick out the back and beat them to death when they so desperately deserved it.

You'd make a good South African Politician

Reply #761 Posted: May 05, 2015, 06:21:19 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Saturday... Drip .. Drip.... hmm is the hot water cylinder running??

NOPE..  open cylinder cubpoard  and woosh cylinder had burst....   Water inches deep everywhere

Reply #762 Posted: June 02, 2015, 09:39:13 am

NOPE..  open cylinder cubpoard  and woosh cylinder had burst....   Water inches deep everywhere

Reply #763 Posted: June 02, 2015, 11:55:32 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

pretty much..

15 loads of washing later finally entire linen cupboard is dry..

Ground my gears more that i got a replacement Mains pressure cylinder but have to run it as low pressure because the cylinder is central in house i  would have to rip up tiles and concrete to run drainage for the mains pressure overflow system..

hmmm might be next diy project as mains pressure would be ++

Reply #764 Posted: June 02, 2015, 11:59:59 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Can't you run it up to the roof?

Reply #765 Posted: June 02, 2015, 05:07:07 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Scum bag neighbours.

Neighbour has run in with gang over a bad car deal. Gang member shows up early morning and beats the shit out of neighbour. Rii calls cops. Neighbours have fled leaving the property empty with what looks like an abandoned cat.

Have contacted SPCA.

Reply #766 Posted: June 02, 2015, 05:51:57 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Can't you run it up to the roof?

no because the drip tray for mains pressure has to be on the bottom to collect the TPR overflow and the cold water relief the only way to run it up form there would be some form a catch tank and a submersible pump...

neither of which when suggested the plumber would sign off

Reply #767 Posted: June 03, 2015, 06:59:34 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
Ahhh sorry, thought you meant it was a pressure relief valve!

Reply #768 Posted: June 03, 2015, 02:01:11 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
GRRR -- failed wof on rear brake hoses.

not been my month expenditure wise

Reply #769 Posted: June 08, 2015, 10:07:58 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Some months do 'ave 'em.

Reply #770 Posted: June 09, 2015, 07:40:17 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
My flatmate pointed out to me on the weekend some dirty cunt has left a ruddy great dent in my car. Looks pretty much exactly the sort of dent you'd get if you were a prat driving a SUV/ute and can't turn into a park without knocking another car.

Reply #771 Posted: June 09, 2015, 07:46:50 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
My flatmate pointed out to me on the weekend some dirty cunt has left a ruddy great dent in my car. Looks pretty much exactly the sort of dent you'd get if you were a prat driving a SUV/ute and can't turn into a park without knocking another car.

give me a yell if you need a guy who does paintless dent removal i got him to do some ones in the Kia doors after twats on windy days let their doors blow open.

cost me 200bucks for about 5 decent dents.

Reply #772 Posted: June 09, 2015, 07:49:18 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
It's creased at the bottom of the bent and the paint is fucked so I think I need to get it done properly.

Reply #773 Posted: June 09, 2015, 07:53:55 am

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

give me a yell if you need a guy who does paintless dent removal i got him to do some ones in the Kia doors after twats on windy days let their doors blow open.

cost me 200bucks for about 5 decent dents.

I hate these people, I hate them so much, I actually park miles away from anyone else just because of these people.

Reply #774 Posted: June 10, 2015, 01:43:55 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol