Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Work has converted a massive car park at the top of campus to a staff only park, accessible by card access. This means that a 300+ carpark is now only used by about 15 people. I can park my car away from other jerks like it's stranded out at sea.

I've got dents on both sides of my doors from cocksuckers who don't pay attention to what they're doing when they get in and out of their vehicle.

However, I have a feeling that work has done this as a way of justifying turning the carpark into something else. "Well, only a few people were using it so we turned into a tire burning yard"...

Reply #775 Posted: June 10, 2015, 02:41:28 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Okay THIS grinds my gears.

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2015/06/10/why-on-earth-is-spark-celebrating-10-years-of-hate-speech/

Spark is sponsoring a party WhaleOil is having to celebrate 10 year of being a filthy vile piece of shit.

Is it wrong to hope a 747 flies into the cafe?

Reply #776 Posted: June 10, 2015, 05:24:02 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I hate these people, I hate them so much, I actually park miles away from anyone else just because of these people.

I noticed a second chip where someone has opened their door and hit my car.  I always try to park in places where the parks on both side of my car are empty.

Might be time to take it in to get the paint scratches fixed up.

Reply #777 Posted: June 11, 2015, 05:39:06 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Me: Hi client - here's the print numbers for your job. Please confirm if they're correct and I can put the job to print for you.
Client - Yep, all good.

-------- 6 months later (present)----------

Client: Hi, I noticed that the print quantities on this job you did for me 6 months ago was wrong. Do you have emails confirming what I agreed to?
Me: Hi client, yes, here's an email that I sent confirming final print numbers.
Client: Hi, these numbers are wrong, I initially requested different quantities. I need more, but I want them for free.
Me: Hi client, the print numbers were confirmed by you and where printed.
Client: Hi, sorry, but at the time I was very busy, thought I was confirming different numbers, it was human error. Can you discount further prints please due to a shared misunderstanding?
Me: Hi, here's a new quote for a re-print at a discounted price. Probably should have said something 6 months ago.
Client: It's the suppliers duty (you) to provide the client with what was requested, I appreciate the discount but was expecting more.
Me: (at this stage, don't even know what I'm bothering). Hi, here's the print files, you're welcome to have them printed elsewhere if you're not satisfied with the cost of having the job reprinted.

Waiting on clients hissy fit.

I tell people to fuck off when they send me those "hahaha, look, here's a website showing derpy responses from clients" because it's too fucking real.

Reply #778 Posted: June 11, 2015, 11:42:52 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
People that work at Massey University for almost 3 years.

Reply #779 Posted: June 11, 2015, 12:13:53 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Client: It's the suppliers duty (you) to provide the client with what was requested, I appreciate the discount but was expecting more.

Fuck I hate entitled pissy fit throwers.

They're holding back evolution.

Reply #780 Posted: June 12, 2015, 08:55:34 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
When you win, but EA are bad and put you in second place, even with the best time.

/ragequit

Reply #781 Posted: June 20, 2015, 10:47:31 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
When you win, but EA are bad and put you in second place, even with the best time.

/ragequit

I try to debug things like this by making assumptions about how their game works.

Fuck it, it's Sunday.

Reply #782 Posted: June 21, 2015, 11:35:23 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

These People.
(skip the first 20 seconds if you are impatient)

Reply #783 Posted: June 24, 2015, 02:49:41 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
hahaha, love it how they get right back in their car and take off. Dicks.

Reply #784 Posted: June 25, 2015, 07:02:59 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Dash cam footage and a bus card will fix them Darwinians

Reply #785 Posted: June 25, 2015, 08:05:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Clients who think it is acceptable to negotiate on how long a job should take.

"I think it should take no longer than 3 hours of design time".

1. You're wrong.
2. You're wrong.
3. Rack off.

Reply #786 Posted: July 01, 2015, 09:43:05 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
For most of this year there has been people standing at the entrance to the Adelaide train station during the afternoon peak period when everyone's heading home, trying to collection donations for one charity or the other. Once or twice every now and then I could just fob them off, no worries, but I have to try and walk past them 2 or 3 days a week. I just want to get home, get out the way bitch!

Reply #787 Posted: July 01, 2015, 11:14:59 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Just tell them "I gave at the office."

Had some pandering at the front door to my place last month, female flatmate had seen them walking up but didn't want to answer the door 'cause she'd feel bad!

I solved it by opening the door "No thanks we're fine, goodbye" and closing the door.

In retrospect I should of said "K Thx Bye!" as well!
Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:44:00 pm by Pitchey

Reply #788 Posted: July 01, 2015, 05:42:12 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
or "toodles".

They tend to react interestingly to toodles

Reply #789 Posted: July 01, 2015, 07:47:30 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I mostly ignore them.. unless they are the white poppy sellers in which case I frantically try and reign in my desire to kick the shit out of them on general principal.

Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:01:28 pm by Lias

Reply #790 Posted: July 01, 2015, 09:31:21 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
I had a guy come to the door once, nice enough guy
He said "Are you aware of whats happening with the deep sea oil exploration"
And I said "I know enough, but lets save us some time, you're going to tell me about it for a while, and then ask me for money, which i'm going to decline to give you, right?"
And he said "uh.. well.. yeah pretty much"
Then we politely said goodbye, and he left.

Much unlike the woman who drove down my driveway, parked in front of my open garage door while I was trying to leave for work, got out of her car and was like
"I know you're busy, but we have been trying to catch up with you for a while, we are in your neighborhood spreading the word! here I have a pamphlet for you"
*rummages through a folder and gives me a pamphlet about jesus*
"Now the stuff in there, thats not just what we say, Its what the bible says, so we have scriptures to back it up!"
.. and looks at me like that's supposed to not only make the pamphlet more legitimate, but also make this situation all ok
I said "right, well bye then" and made an extra effort to throw the pamphlet in the bin.

Reply #791 Posted: July 02, 2015, 06:19:39 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
I had a guy come to the door once, nice enough guy
He said "Are you aware of whats happening with the deep sea oil exploration"
And I said "I know enough, but lets save us some time, you're going to tell me about it for a while, and then ask me for money, which i'm going to decline to give you, right?"
And he said "uh.. well.. yeah pretty much"
Then we politely said goodbye, and he left.

Much unlike the woman who drove down my driveway, parked in front of my open garage door while I was trying to leave for work, got out of her car and was like
"I know you're busy, but we have been trying to catch up with you for a while, we are in your neighborhood spreading the word! here I have a pamphlet for you"
*rummages through a folder and gives me a pamphlet about jesus*
"Now the stuff in there, thats not just what we say, Its what the bible says, so we have scriptures to back it up!"
.. and looks at me like that's supposed to not only make the pamphlet more legitimate, but also make this situation all ok
I said "right, well bye then" and made an extra effort to throw the pamphlet in the bin.

I once had a greenpeace chugger (charity mugger) come to the door, and they got quite excitable when I told them my view on conservation was that we should concrete the entire planet to become like Coruscant.

Also you should keep a picture of you and your boyfriend shagging on your phone so you can whip it out for churchies and go "I dont think your bible is compatible with my lifestyle"

Reply #792 Posted: July 03, 2015, 09:40:09 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

"It's all true, because we have stories to back up our stories."

Reply #793 Posted: July 03, 2015, 10:20:18 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
URGENT ISSUE
this order needs to be set back to this status (1 status ago).
Oh yeah? Yeah. It shows as ready for processing but it hasn't arrived in stock yet.
Oh yeah? Yeah. Because we changed the order after re-purposing the original stock item (to sell to a different order).
Oh so urgent? Yeah. Because it doesn't sit well with me as showing on the wrong screen.
Oh so no impact at all? Yeah, urgent. If we don't get this done we're going to have real problems.
Like the order might catch up to the status on screen by the items actually arriving in stock?
Yes, then we could process it as normal.
NOT FUCKING URGENT AT ALL IS IT YOU FUCKING CUNTS, ps. STOP EMAILING ME DIRECTLY AND LOG A FUCKING TICKET LIKE YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO

Reply #794 Posted: July 04, 2015, 08:20:06 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
SkyGo

Reply #795 Posted: July 08, 2015, 02:45:40 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
SkyGo

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/3chhi1/match_thread_nz_tour_samoa_v_nz_1400_nz_0300_bst/

Haha, I have one thanks, lost interest after wasting my time trying to use the service i pay for though, worked for like 10 minutes after kick off and then just failed

This article seems to have chosen some of the less-sweary tweets as their examples lol, they would have been hard to find!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/70072499/samvnzl-sky-go-hit-by-disruptions-during-all-blacks-versus-samoa-test

Reply #797 Posted: July 08, 2015, 03:39:05 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

NOT FUCKING URGENT AT ALL IS IT YOU FUCKING CUNTS, ps. STOP EMAILING ME DIRECTLY AND LOG A FUCKING TICKET LIKE YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO

Holy shit, this.

Reply #798 Posted: July 08, 2015, 04:09:40 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!

Reply #799 Posted: July 08, 2015, 04:21:27 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-