Topic: Battlefield 4 Officially Confirmed

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Infantry play without unlocks was great.
Vehicles were shit, unlocks were shit, titan mode was a disgrace.

Although maybe I should have put it before BC2

Reply #100 Posted: July 26, 2012, 06:00:15 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Omnipotent jets were way better?

Reply #101 Posted: July 26, 2012, 07:09:24 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
  • brucewillis2 has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1495756
BFV > BF42:FH > BFV:POE > BF42: DC > BF42 > BF2 > BC2 > 2142 > BF3

you've played a shit load of BF games. I can only go..

BF2 > > BC2 > > > > BF3 > > > > > > > > > > > > 2142

Reply #102 Posted: July 26, 2012, 07:32:20 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: mattnz;1495916

I wouldn't say way better hence why BF2 is so far down on my list, but in BF2 your best bet was to stay away from jet maps and then it was pretty fun.

Reply #103 Posted: July 26, 2012, 11:37:47 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: brucewillis2;1495921
you've played a shit load of BF games. I can only go..

BF2 > > BC2 > > > > BF3 > > > > > > > > > > > > 2142

Well half of that list are mods but yes I've played pretty much every BF game including expansions and all Major mods made for BFV and BF42
I should have also added Eve of Destruction and BF2:POE which were both pretty good.
God I miss some of those kick ass mods.

Reply #104 Posted: July 26, 2012, 11:44:06 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: mattnz;1495916

Jets were fine in BF2 imo. They should be very powerful, and if both teams have a reasonable pilot in their jets it isn't in issue. Just like if only one team has good infantry the game will be dominated by one team, or a good chopper team on chopper only maps, or armour squads working together.

Reply #105 Posted: July 27, 2012, 10:12:26 am
sila.

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
Quote from: 5loth;1495997
Jets were fine in BF2 imo. They should be very powerful, and if both teams have a reasonable pilot in their jets it isn't in issue. Just like if only one team has good infantry the game will be dominated by one team, or a good chopper team on chopper only maps, or armour squads working together.

only in scrims (but I did have cripple on my team which made me feel safer on the ground)

But even in scrims you can get rare examples where airpower is so dominate. I do remember a close game between crex and plus on oman in the first round, But in the second crex pulled of a tank pixel shot at the start of the round to take out both jets, this ended up not allowing any of their jets into the air.

So the whole game was lost due to camping the runway with one jet allowing the other and chopper to stop them moving to attack flags. It was brutal listening to the match. (btw I miss that)

The only reason I put BC2 above BF3 is because of air power. Airpower has always been too powerful, you only have limited ways to take them out but they can destroy anything they want. At least with tanks you can AT them, mine, C4, jihad jeep. Jets can really only be taken out with another jet.

Reply #106 Posted: July 27, 2012, 05:36:23 pm

Offline xplosiv

• Just settled in
  • xplosiv has no influence.
BF2 was awesome, BC2 was terrible and BF3 is fantabulous.
This is all from a 1.6 P.o.V. =)

Reply #107 Posted: July 27, 2012, 06:23:42 pm

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
BF3 is the best Battlefield in the series yet.

Reply #108 Posted: July 27, 2012, 06:48:47 pm
sila.

Offline brucewillis2

• Addicted
Quote from: playerB;1496075
BF3 is the best Battlefield in the series yet.

are you bored tonight? or just trolling?

just because 2142 gave you and sila a trip  to thialand does NOT make it good

Reply #109 Posted: July 27, 2012, 07:55:40 pm

Offline [∞]MadMike

• Addicted
  • [∞]MadMike has no influence.
^^ LOL.

Reply #110 Posted: July 28, 2012, 07:30:01 am

Offline playerB

• Devoted Member
  • playerB has no influence.
cant wait for bf4, i bet the unlocks are awesome. the more the better!
if it can incorporate a lens flare class id be so down for that.

Reply #111 Posted: July 28, 2012, 05:59:12 pm
sila.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: playerB;1496148
cant wait for bf4, i bet the unlocks are awesome. the more the better!
if it can incorporate a lens flare class id be so down for that.

bro thats the battlefield photographer class you get to look and get amongst it but sadly alls you can do is shoot people with a camera and get in the way :P

Reply #112 Posted: July 28, 2012, 07:00:49 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
I hope BF4 has more dust and other realistic things like blinking and getting something in your eye.
Whatever is needed to make it as hard as possible to see!

Reply #113 Posted: July 28, 2012, 07:06:30 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: Bell;1495756
BFV > BF42:FH > BFV:POE > BF42: DC > BF42 > BF2 > BC2 > 2142 > BF3

the hipster of battlefield

Reply #114 Posted: July 28, 2012, 09:20:48 pm

Offline SheepShagger556

• Devoted Member
  • SheepShagger556 has no influence.
very edgy

Reply #115 Posted: July 28, 2012, 09:25:25 pm
Quote from: Bell;1426496
A guy called SheepShagger telling you to go to the Shed to drink and watch a game of rugby.

This is New Zealand

Offline Bell

• Addicted
I'm really into this new game but I doubt you've heard of it.
I mean you're into stuff like BF3 and MW3 right?
I'm not into that 'mainstream' stuff it's just too dumbed down for the masses  you know.

Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:50:38 pm by Bell

Reply #116 Posted: July 28, 2012, 09:27:55 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1496173
the hipster of battlefield

Games are no different to music or movies, some are made to make money, some aren't. Some people prefer the output of something that isn't financially driven, as they definitely provide different results.

Reply #117 Posted: July 28, 2012, 10:30:24 pm
sila.

Offline kongkiwi

• Devoted Member
  • kongkiwi has no influence.
I played 2142 once.  It was ok.

Reply #118 Posted: July 28, 2012, 11:14:23 pm

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: 5loth;1496178
Games are no different to music or movies, some are made to make money, some aren't. Some people prefer the output of something that isn't financially driven, as they definitely provide different results.

i think you'll find that ALL games are made to make money, those that aren't are given away

same with music

Reply #119 Posted: July 29, 2012, 12:50:15 am

Offline Ranger Bob

• Just settled in
  • Ranger Bob has no influence.
Quote from: 5loth;1496178

I'm more inclined to say some games are made with a limited budget where dev's are able to make and add features to enhance the game and game play, where other's have a whole heap of money thrown at them, are told what "money making" features have to be incorporated and are expected to make a huge profit return for share holder's and financial backer's. If dev's from the first scenario make a great/popular game then they enter into the 2nd second category and the crap continues.

As for the way the BF series is going, Bf2 was released at the dawn of broadband in this country and some may argue it was the first fps to provide relatively stable ping and lag free game play not to mention at the time the only competition for the  Multiplay experience was team deathmatch for the CoD series, hence the reason I will always have fond memories of it. there is nothing wrong with BF3 it's just the fact there is so much choice in multiplay fps shooters and ALOT more competition in the last 10yrs the market has been completely flooded with games some good some not so good, FPS in general can't hold my attention like they use to. as for the unlocks and other stuff incorporated into the last few installments, just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean its not popular. goes back to the shrek argument "i can't believe their up to shrek 4 the first was bad enough why make sequels?" believe it or not there are a huge amount of people that like unlocks and the crap along with shrek and they make a crap ton of money, if they didn't they simply wouldn't do it.
Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 10:33:11 am by Ranger Bob

Reply #120 Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:15:10 am

Offline RightHandOnly

• Just settled in
  • RightHandOnly has no influence.
Quote from: brucewillis2;1496060
only in scrims (but I did have cripple on my team which made me feel safer on the ground)

But even in scrims you can get rare examples where airpower is so dominate. I do remember a close game between crex and plus on oman in the first round, But in the second crex pulled of a tank pixel shot at the start of the round to take out both jets, this ended up not allowing any of their jets into the air.

So the whole game was lost due to camping the runway with one jet allowing the other and chopper to stop them moving to attack flags. It was brutal listening to the match. (btw I miss that)

The only reason I put BC2 above BF3 is because of air power. Airpower has always been too powerful, you only have limited ways to take them out but they can destroy anything they want. At least with tanks you can AT them, mine, C4, jihad jeep. Jets can really only be taken out with another jet.

Pixel shots in BF2 were cool.....wake island Tank to carrier pixel shot f22 or chopper down...lol pissed so many people off.

Has any one tried anything similar in bf3....might be a bit harder I suspect

Reply #121 Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:29:55 am
With Age comes Wisdom and Skill.......I have all 3.

I\'m so Leet , I d

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
Quote from: GhostOfGallipoli;1496191
i think you'll find that ALL games are made to make money, those that aren't are given away

same with music

I think you'll find you missed my point completely then. How much does a mod such as POE cost?

Reply #122 Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:39:11 am
sila.

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
Quote from: Ranger Bob;1496200
just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean its not popular. goes back to the shrek argument "i can't believe their up to shrek 4 the first was bad enough why make sequels?" believe it or not there are a huge amount of people that like unlocks and the crap along with shrek and they make a crap ton of money, if they didn't they simply wouldn't do it.

I don't like Justin Bieber's music either, but its incredibly popular. If Eric Clapton's next album was indistinguishable from a Justin Bieber album, I'd be disappointed too.

Reply #123 Posted: July 29, 2012, 10:42:57 am
sila.

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

Quote from: 5loth;1496202
I think you'll find you missed my point completely then. How much does a mod such as POE cost?

mod....not a game

Reply #124 Posted: July 29, 2012, 02:12:28 pm