Topic: Wi-Fi connection issue

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Hi all,

I'm with telecom, I have a Netgear N600 adsl2+ modem router. I connect using the wifi feature. It's been really pissing me off recently, as the connection to the router just drops out (all devices, not just mine). I have no idea why, it then won't even let me connect back to the router, even though it is visible in the networks section. I've tried resetting my network card etc, but like I say, it's all devices which has the same issue (macs and PC). The only option is to restart the modem manually (as I can't connect to the network to restart using the onboard software). Even then, sometimes the internet connection doesn't kick in. So i'm left trying to manually switch the modem off and on until the internet light connects.

It's driving me insane. Telecom can't help as it is a 3rd party modem. Any advice? It has to be a setting issue with my modem, as opposed to a computer specific issue.

edit: also - we don't have a wireless land line phone. I kicked that a while ago as the kids kept on losing it and the battery would die. I don't think we have any other hardware which uses the frequency. I've changed the channel and reduced the mode from 300Mbps to 54Mbps. That seems to have reduced the frequency of the issue, but hasn't solved it.

Posted: March 01, 2013, 05:14:14 pm

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Firmware update?

Reply #1 Posted: March 01, 2013, 06:46:00 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
Up to date.

Reply #2 Posted: March 01, 2013, 06:54:04 pm

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Oh god I'm having the same problem, my thomson router keeps turning off then turning back on, will have to buy a new one soon. Thomson routers suck big juicy balls.

Reply #3 Posted: March 01, 2013, 08:44:03 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*