Topic: digitalnationz

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Any GetSome people going to this today or tomorrow?

Posted: September 28, 2013, 11:29:08 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
A what?

Reply #1 Posted: September 28, 2013, 11:34:48 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
The gaming expo in auckland this weekend, microsoft and sony are here with the xbox one and ps4 there is also ubisoft here as well and the oculusrift

Reply #2 Posted: September 28, 2013, 11:53:55 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
if I was in Auckland I would definitely go.

Reply #3 Posted: September 28, 2013, 12:52:32 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I know that tomorrow Kim Dotcom is there, and will be versing 100 people in call of duty.

If you lose, he gives 100$ to charity. No clue what happens if you win.

Reply #4 Posted: September 28, 2013, 01:11:29 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
If you win you become the new Kim Dotcom, and get his mansion.

Reply #5 Posted: September 28, 2013, 01:29:35 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
If he was playing people in bf3 id go and school him.

Playtech is sponsoring/part of the event too. There wasn't a heap of publicity about the event though.

Reply #6 Posted: September 28, 2013, 01:31:41 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Wonder if Playtech is going to set up some rigs next to the xbox one like they did for TechEd.  I was like oh yeah pretty sweet GFX on the xbox then walked over to Playtechs stand. Quickly changed to fuck xbox give me the SLI GTX780s and a 4k TV please.

Found it strange MS gave them that spot.

Reply #7 Posted: September 28, 2013, 01:49:24 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Quote from: `Kayne;1532085
I know that tomorrow Kim Dotcom is there, and will be versing 100 people in call of duty.

If you win, he throws a tantrum and gets craned back out of the place

Reply #8 Posted: September 28, 2013, 01:54:54 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1532085

But he's famed for cheating. You don't win.

Reply #9 Posted: September 28, 2013, 06:12:53 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
I went today.

Spoiler :
Very very very very disappointed.

Had a fuck around on the oculus rift, the first display you see is some shitty "over the shoulder" shot of a Gummi Ship that is a endlessly flying forwards. You could use the oculus rift to look around the fixed point where the camera was, but it was pretty pointless. Another point to be made is that the oculus rift is very blurry / pixelated. I asked what res they were running that demo at, and the guy said 1200 x 800. Walked to the playstation stand, nothing looked exciting. Just some racing game is on display, went to xbox one, big line to have a go on some game, but I doubt it would of been any more exciting than playstations.

Playtechs area was just a bunch of computers set up so people could play LoL standing up, there was also a little soccer game (fifa? shit I don't know) area next to it.

The kim dotcom area was kind of hidden. Wasn't up on a main stage or anything. It was out in the open so you knew where it was, but if you wanted to watch, you had to walk up to the second story and look over the rail.

In the 'lobby'ish area, were a few stands. Alienware / turtle beach... Nothing interesting, just a racing game on 3 monitors / in a racing chair. There was a stand of these people that made my little pony apps, as well as a guy walking around with twilight sparkle on his t-shirt. Hideous.

Umm, Upstairs, was a 3d printing section. You could pay 35$ to get yourself 'scanned' and 3d printed, at the same size as a coke can. There was a telecom social center where you could charge your phone and play on ipads, and also around the second story on the inside of the arena, was a 'history of games museum', which was just a bunch of consoles, possibly all of them, in a line, with a few going.

The thing that annoyed me here, was that they didn't have the virtual boy going. Why have it there if you aren't going to turn it on.

Back to the second story of the 'lobby' area, was a media design school area, where they've been fucking around with the oculus. Again, all of it was blurry and pixelated, made worse by the fact that all these displays were running at 600x800. There was a dragon one, where you control a dragon by looking to steer it, A roller coaster one through a castle, where you just looked around, and some fucked-up-what-am-i-doing first person one where you are in a forest, with nothing but a flash lights and 2 hands in front of you, You have no useful way to move the hands, they are just sitting there awkwardly in front of you, not even connected to arms. Anyway playing that game was like playing a drunk simulator, because as you walked your character would start grinding his head along the ground.. or it at least felt like it.

Overall I enjoyed the oculus rift at the very end, but apart from that, the event wasn't for me. I'm past console gaming, and i've moved onto being a master PC being. In all seriousness, I don't see how people were getting hyped to 'be the first to play on the xbox one / ps4' when the games there were being demo'd were just average games. Racing games, fighting games, Nothing defining or show casing.

Reply #10 Posted: September 29, 2013, 04:28:01 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I expected as much from a name "Digital Nationz".

Reply #11 Posted: September 29, 2013, 05:13:39 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Nationz cos its in New Zealand brah.

Reply #12 Posted: September 29, 2013, 08:43:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

zzzzzzzz

Reply #13 Posted: September 29, 2013, 10:03:56 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
I don't know if I should of expected more, but I was kind of expecting a bunch of tech demos. The promo girls weren't even that nice :(

I got 7 free arm bands though. Although I've never touched the xbox one yet, I have 3 armbands saying otherwise.

Reply #14 Posted: September 29, 2013, 10:44:46 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Consolitis

Reply #15 Posted: September 30, 2013, 03:15:36 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Was he wearing pants under that sheet?

Reply #16 Posted: September 30, 2013, 05:17:16 pm

Offline Plasma

• Addicted
  • Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.Plasma is working their way up.
Wouldn't mind having a look at the Rift and see what the PS4 is like. The rest of it just sounds like what they had at tech ed (3D printing, Xbones and some crappy vendors).

Reply #17 Posted: September 30, 2013, 06:16:32 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Dot com in a blanket makes is hilarious, he reminds me of that episode when Homer gets realllllly fat and has that bird do the typing for him and shit.

EDIT: He's a damn good loser. I wanna beat him at games.
Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 09:30:51 am by winter

Reply #18 Posted: October 01, 2013, 10:41:34 am

This guy beat him.

As you can see, he has already started the transformation into Kim dotcom.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/9230565/Gamer-who-conquered-Call-of-Dotcom

As well as bragging rights Caleb took home an LG 55-inch Cinema 3D Smart TV, LG 3D Blu-ray home entertainment system, Xbox One and $500 cash from the pocket of Dotcom.

Reply #19 Posted: October 01, 2013, 03:55:40 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1532130
I went today.

Spoiler :
Very very very very disappointed.

Had a fuck around on the oculus rift, the first display you see is some shitty "over the shoulder" shot of a Gummi Ship that is a endlessly flying forwards. You could use the oculus rift to look around the fixed point where the camera was, but it was pretty pointless. Another point to be made is that the oculus rift is very blurry / pixelated. I asked what res they were running that demo at, and the guy said 1200 x 800. Walked to the playstation stand, nothing looked exciting. Just some racing game is on display, went to xbox one, big line to have a go on some game, but I doubt it would of been any more exciting than playstations.

Playtechs area was just a bunch of computers set up so people could play LoL standing up, there was also a little soccer game (fifa? shit I don't know) area next to it.

The kim dotcom area was kind of hidden. Wasn't up on a main stage or anything. It was out in the open so you knew where it was, but if you wanted to watch, you had to walk up to the second story and look over the rail.

In the 'lobby'ish area, were a few stands. Alienware / turtle beach... Nothing interesting, just a racing game on 3 monitors / in a racing chair. There was a stand of these people that made my little pony apps, as well as a guy walking around with twilight sparkle on his t-shirt. Hideous.

Umm, Upstairs, was a 3d printing section. You could pay 35$ to get yourself 'scanned' and 3d printed, at the same size as a coke can. There was a telecom social center where you could charge your phone and play on ipads, and also around the second story on the inside of the arena, was a 'history of games museum', which was just a bunch of consoles, possibly all of them, in a line, with a few going.

The thing that annoyed me here, was that they didn't have the virtual boy going. Why have it there if you aren't going to turn it on.

Back to the second story of the 'lobby' area, was a media design school area, where they've been fucking around with the oculus. Again, all of it was blurry and pixelated, made worse by the fact that all these displays were running at 600x800. There was a dragon one, where you control a dragon by looking to steer it, A roller coaster one through a castle, where you just looked around, and some fucked-up-what-am-i-doing first person one where you are in a forest, with nothing but a flash lights and 2 hands in front of you, You have no useful way to move the hands, they are just sitting there awkwardly in front of you, not even connected to arms. Anyway playing that game was like playing a drunk simulator, because as you walked your character would start grinding his head along the ground.. or it at least felt like it.

Overall I enjoyed the oculus rift at the very end, but apart from that, the event wasn't for me. I'm past console gaming, and i've moved onto being a master PC being. In all seriousness, I don't see how people were getting hyped to 'be the first to play on the xbox one / ps4' when the games there were being demo'd were just average games. Racing games, fighting games, Nothing defining or show casing.

Oculus rift is expected to go HD.

Reply #20 Posted: October 01, 2013, 06:33:42 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
We can only hope

Reply #21 Posted: October 01, 2013, 08:09:34 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Quote from: Spacemonkey;1532270
This guy beat him.

As you can see, he has already started the transformation into Kim dotcom.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/9230565/Gamer-who-conquered-Call-of-Dotcom

C-Unit?

Reply #22 Posted: October 01, 2013, 08:55:14 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
He has nice teeth.

Reply #23 Posted: October 01, 2013, 08:56:50 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
isnt that Osiris ?

Reply #24 Posted: October 01, 2013, 10:17:14 pm