Topic: Prop Killing

Offline Pilot Zx

• I Posted!
  • Pilot Zx has no influence.
Why are mine carts even on the map mine craft B5, they do not do anything and they do not help innocents in any way. The only way mine carts help players is if they want to Prop Surf or Prop Kill. I'm not that bothered by it, but I definitely think that if there is a way to remove mine carts from mine craft B5, we should certainly do it.

Posted: June 12, 2014, 08:24:44 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)      ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)      ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ      ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) 
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)      (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Offline ThatAustralianGuy

• I Posted!
  • ThatAustralianGuy has no influence.
yer it is really annoying

Reply #1 Posted: June 12, 2014, 09:04:28 pm

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.
Yes I suppose it does get annoying time to time but its just people's way to say there bored because Getsome has 55 space for players and usually it get's up to about 30+ players and out of them players theres 3 Detectives, 4-7 traitors and all the rest are innocent. They have no better to do in the game then ruin other players fun by throwing mine carts at people, people also do it because its away to RDM and some what get away with it. If there is no one to stop them.

Reply #2 Posted: June 16, 2014, 03:11:20 pm

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
I agree, it is an annoyance.

Reply #3 Posted: June 19, 2014, 07:17:44 am

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
[FIXED]

I always thought prop killing was funny until today when someone decided to prop kill me. With much rage I opened teh codez editor up with my tentacles and blocked every single possible exploit that allows a player to prop kill hopefully.....

So now to your astonishment you will find that if you try and pick a prop up you will fail miserably. You can now only push props around this not only stops prop killing but prevents people from jamming doors with props and camping.

Another issue I found when editing it was players could actually pick up weapons and walk around with them this created some physics errors, so that too has also been fixed up. If you attempt to pick up any weapon with the magnetostick it will simply blow it around the place this allows you to still get hidden weapons out of tricky places under tables etc.

You can however still pick up dead bodies as an innocent or detective and move them to places for whatever reason, same as before and velocity caps still apply so you have to move to body around carefully. And as a traitor you can still hide bodies and hang / pin them to walls with right click to intimidate your enemies.

Note: This is a hard code change to the client files the server will push the update out when you initially connect, so may have to close Garrys mod and open it again to clear the cache for it to take affect.

Reply #4 Posted: June 23, 2014, 09:22:22 pm

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.
Yes quantum thank you for that but now that you have changed the codes you can no longer pick up The Diamond and Gold block in the map Minecraft... which is also a hassle because you have to wait for T's to make there move.

Btw you have not blocked prop killing Total there is a bug in the system that still allows you to prop kill... It involves the minecart and the shotgun. all you need to do is crouch near a minecart aim up your victim with the minecart then shoot at the bottom center of the cart and it goes flying ... sometimes its a Insta-kill others its just a small amount of damage.

Reply #5 Posted: June 24, 2014, 06:58:53 pm

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
I changed it to allow interaction with small items it works fine you just can't run or turn with it fast.

And that's not a bug... it would be stupid if objects didn't move when you shot them, and the chances of being killed that way is so unlikely.

Reply #6 Posted: June 24, 2014, 07:17:24 pm