Topic: Rust Server!

Offline SirMonk

• I Posted!
  • SirMonk has no influence.
Hello! I am fairly new to Get Some & I have noticed it says you have a Rust server up.

After looking for a while I am yet to come across a Rust server so I'm guessing you're working on it. I'll just put in a few requests that I have for the server as I love playing on these types of servers:

- Modded Server
- x5 or x10 Gather
- Auto Starter Kit
- Starter Kit Including: P250, Hatchet, 5 Large Medkits, 25 Cooked Chicken Breast, A sleeping bag, Wooden Shelter, Wooden door, Campfire.

Just a few things that I'd like to see in the server when it's up :)

Kind Regards, Sir

Posted: August 21, 2014, 06:51:46 pm

Offline Quantum

• Game Server Admin
  • Quantum has no influence.
I think Get Some did have a Rust server up but don't quote me on this.

But I can see why it would be removed. It has constant updates that wipe the servers data every-time, it's still an early access game I think, It has multiple exploits, The game is filled with with players using C++ cheats and RUST offers little to no detection at all, the add-on support has been slow, administration tools are weak and from my experience admins just give out supplies to people willy nilly and ruin the game.

So I really don't think anyone can be bothered looking after the RUST server or at least not until the game get's finished if it ever does.

Reply #1 Posted: August 21, 2014, 07:58:08 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Close quantum, but not quite.

RUST is still in closed beta as far as dedicated servers go, we tried contacting the vendor about us hosting a server multiple times with no reply, not even a 'No'.

s8. Dumpybear had rented one is aus and had set it up for getsome to use, however i think due to the above reasons about updates etc. we took at away as it was down more than it was up.

In time we shall prevail!

Reply #2 Posted: August 21, 2014, 08:49:10 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Quantum

• Game Server Admin
  • Quantum has no influence.
So when you do this "app_update 258550 -beta experimental" is the server made private / does it not show up on the server list? or was it the fact that the beta updates made it difficult to manage?
Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:20:15 pm by Quantum

Reply #3 Posted: September 24, 2014, 10:18:32 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
you need a password to actually download the content

Reply #4 Posted: September 25, 2014, 06:22:49 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
i played rust once. i was KOS within 10 seconds. i kid you not.

Reply #5 Posted: September 29, 2014, 08:13:10 am