Topic: Junior Mod Idea

Offline HamishKawaii123

• I Posted!
  • HamishKawaii123 has no influence.
I think that a Junior Mod is a good idea for the TTT server.

Junior Mods should be:
13 (or 14)- 16 years of age.

They should be able to:
  • Slay
  • Gag
  • Mute
Kicking and Banning should be left up to Mods/Admins/Quantum

I have been on the server a number of occasions (19/09 at 8pm NZST) where there have been no staff online, and there was MassRDM, micspam, chatspam and abuse towards others.
Another reason why a Junior Mod would be a good idea is because they don't always have to study for a test or exams etc so they would be on the server a lot more.

In conclusion, Junior Mods being Approved or Denied could be based on the amount of experience, the amount of time on the GetSome TTT server, and the amount of people that actually acknowledge the fact you exist.

Thank you and I hope someone considers this idea.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:13:14 pm by HamishKawaii123

Posted: September 19, 2014, 09:10:48 pm
kawaii desu :D

Offline GreenJizzAndHam

• I Posted!
  • GreenJizzAndHam has no influence.
Agreed

Reply #1 Posted: September 19, 2014, 09:27:02 pm

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
The problem with younger members is maturity, and how well they handle situations.

Now, I'm not talking to anyone in particular here, so please don't assume i'm talking about you directly.

"You" may think you're a lot more mature than other kids "your age", but the fact is, "you" aren't.

And no one expects "you" to be. Have fun, Live your age, Don't try be older.

There probably is the odd occasion where a younger member will in fact be mature enough, but it's too high a risk when ~30 players are depending on your judgement. When the wrong actions could kill the server entirely. The actions you put forward are pretty much the same needed for trial moderator / moderator. As an admin, I can restart the map, change map, give items, force respawn, but apart from abusing those commands, I am usually just doing the same. Slay, Gag, Mute.

I'm sorry if what i'm saying is coming across as Harsh or unjustified, but it's the truth. I realise this from first hand experience, from looking back at myself when I was given admin at 15, From looking at others.

I'd like to say something corny by saying "Anyone can be a junior moderator, you just have to step up and do it", and record rdm'ers. Check out the sticky'd thread in the Garrys Mod Section to see how easy it is to record. On top of that, doing so will build up trust, and you may even prove to us that you can be an exception to the min16 rule.

Reply #2 Posted: September 19, 2014, 09:40:04 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.
I agree with Kayne's word on this one because:-
Most people think they are mature when they aren't as kayne said- You" may think you're a lot more mature than other kids "your age", but the fact is, "you" aren't. And no one expects "you" to be. Have fun, Live your age, Don't try be older.
Maturity is a huge factor in the server...
As some people may only know about John De Lancie. They gave him privileges and he abused them and he got stripped of those powers. So he got a unch of his buddies and came on and went on an RDM spree and got Perma ban on the spot.

So really Quantum and Kayne both have a tough decision choosing T-Mods... and now if we add junior that would be out of control.

Reply #3 Posted: September 19, 2014, 09:55:30 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Not my place here, but We (tf2) have a certain someone that has applied 3 times to be an admin stating many times they are mature for their age, yet does not know how to admin, nor knows how to deal with a situation. the person I speak of is 11 years of age.

We also have others that are under 15 who say they are mature for their age. I would like to know how they can compare their maturity to say, that of an 18 year old.
I would also like add the fact that a so called 13-15 year old has a lot of friends who aren't actually friends, they just like you because you're an admin and you do shit for them.

Reply #4 Posted: September 19, 2014, 10:20:19 pm

Offline HamishKawaii123

• I Posted!
The problem with younger members is maturity, and how well they handle situations.

Now, I'm not talking to anyone in particular here, so please don't assume i'm talking about you directly.

"You" may think you're a lot more mature than other kids "your age", but the fact is, "you" aren't.

And no one expects "you" to be. Have fun, Live your age, Don't try be older.

There probably is the odd occasion where a younger member will in fact be mature enough, but it's too high a risk when ~30 players are depending on your judgement. When the wrong actions could kill the server entirely. The actions you put forward are pretty much the same needed for trial moderator / moderator. As an admin, I can restart the map, change map, give items, force respawn, but apart from abusing those commands, I am usually just doing the same. Slay, Gag, Mute.

I'm sorry if what i'm saying is coming across as Harsh or unjustified, but it's the truth. I realise this from first hand experience, from looking back at myself when I was given admin at 15, From looking at others.

I'd like to say something corny by saying "Anyone can be a junior moderator, you just have to step up and do it", and record rdm'ers. Check out the sticky'd thread in the Garrys Mod Section to see how easy it is to record. On top of that, doing so will build up trust, and you may even prove to us that you can be an exception to the min16 rule.

I guess you do have a point here. Maturity is a key factor in becoming a T-Mod/Mod/Admin.

But one thing I'm trying to say if you or another admin see that we can be trustworthy, don't rdm, or anything cliche like that, the player who applies could be considered. Not accepted straight away. 

Thanks for your opinion though Kayne.

Reply #5 Posted: September 20, 2014, 09:34:25 am

Offline HamishKawaii123

• I Posted!
I agree with Kayne's word on this one because:-
Most people think they are mature when they aren't as kayne said- You" may think you're a lot more mature than other kids "your age", but the fact is, "you" aren't. And no one expects "you" to be. Have fun, Live your age, Don't try be older.
Maturity is a huge factor in the server...
As some people may only know about John De Lancie. They gave him privileges and he abused them and he got stripped of those powers. So he got a unch of his buddies and came on and went on an RDM spree and got Perma ban on the spot.

So really Quantum and Kayne both have a tough decision choosing T-Mods... and now if we add junior that would be out of control.

That's why we could only have 2-3 Junior Mods, and they could be voted for by the community and then the final decision, based on the amount of votes.

Reply #6 Posted: September 20, 2014, 09:40:14 am

Offline HamishKawaii123

• I Posted!
Not my place here, but We (tf2) have a certain someone that has applied 3 times to be an admin stating many times they are mature for their age, yet does not know how to admin, nor knows how to deal with a situation. the person I speak of is 11 years of age.

We also have others that are under 15 who say they are mature for their age. I would like to know how they can compare their maturity to say, that of an 18 year old.
I would also like add the fact that a so called 13-15 year old has a lot of friends who aren't actually friends, they just like you because you're an admin and you do shit for them.

There is that, too.

Reply #7 Posted: September 20, 2014, 09:42:13 am

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!
  • nichwilde has no influence.
i love the bit how kayne missed that this is essentially the EXACT rights Trial Mods have.

And almost the same as regular mods.

Reply #8 Posted: September 20, 2014, 12:56:19 pm

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
The actions you put forward are pretty much the same needed for trial moderator / moderator. As an admin, I can restart the map, change map, give items, force respawn, but apart from abusing those commands, I am usually just doing the same. Slay, Gag, Mute.

i love the bit how kayne missed that this is essentially the EXACT rights Trial Mods have.

I love how you don't read <3

But one thing I'm trying to say if you or another admin see that we can be trustworthy, don't rdm, or anything cliche like that, the player who applies could be considered. Not accepted straight away. 

Well that's the thing, if Quantum and I (not ignoring other moderators), decide that a younger member should be trialed as a trial moderator, we'll make them one, as we have been doing.

Would it be easier if I said it's too much hassle to find out how mature a pre-16 year old is as we don't know what they're really like until shit hits the fan, so we really just don't bother.

Also a community vote wouldn't work. It would just be a massive circle jerk to power.
Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:14:09 pm by `Kayne

Reply #9 Posted: September 20, 2014, 01:07:31 pm

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!

Wall of Text

Reply #10 Posted: September 20, 2014, 01:50:44 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Wall of Text

TLDR isn't an excuse haha, go and get a mortgage without reading the fine print why don't ya :-P

Reply #11 Posted: September 20, 2014, 03:46:45 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline HamishKawaii123

• I Posted!
The actions you put forward are pretty much the same needed for trial moderator / moderator. As an admin, I can restart the map, change map, give items, force respawn, but apart from abusing those commands, I am usually just doing the same. Slay, Gag, Mute.

Well that's the thing, if Quantum and I (not ignoring other moderators), decide that a younger member should be trialed as a trial moderator, we'll make them one, as we have been doing.

Would it be easier if I said it's too much hassle to find out how mature a pre-16 year old is as we don't know what they're really like until shit hits the fan, so we really just don't bother.

Also a community vote wouldn't work. It would just be a massive circle jerk to power.

Ok, I guess this wasn't exactly a good idea, but thanks everyone for your opinions.

Reply #12 Posted: September 20, 2014, 04:11:18 pm

Offline Kayne

Wasn't a bad idea - just a redundant one ;)

Reply #13 Posted: September 20, 2014, 04:23:53 pm

Offline YouLikeFishSticks

• Just settled in
  • YouLikeFishSticks has no influence.
As we can all tell, 'Kayne made a good point over the maturity part, that really is what the server needs over anything else in my views, we really don't need another John at all,  I swear it would cause more embarrassment than trouble if it were to happen twice.

Reply #14 Posted: September 20, 2014, 06:35:01 pm
And no I'm not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish.

Offline HamishKawaii123

• I Posted!
As we can all tell, 'Kayne made a good point over the maturity part, that really is what the server needs over anything else in my views, we really don't need another John at all,  I swear it would cause more embarrassment than trouble if it were to happen twice.

Fair enough.

Reply #15 Posted: September 20, 2014, 06:48:58 pm

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!

Wall of Text

TLDR isn't an excuse haha, go and get a mortgage without reading the fine print why don't ya :-P

I am under the impression that you seem to make all valid points, however who's this Kayne west guy anyway, coming onto this thread like he's a damn admin or respected member.

On a side note, if every "MC Junior Mod™" were given just the command !gag and !gimp the server would be fun at times.

Reply #16 Posted: September 21, 2014, 02:15:26 am

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.

Wall of Text

I am under the impression that you seem to make all valid points, however who's this Kayne west guy anyway, coming onto this thread like he's a damn admin or respected member.

On a side note, if every "MC Junior Mod™" were given just the command !gag and !gimp the server would be fun at times.
Just like your trolling antics yesterday nich, or should I say, nick wildy

Reply #17 Posted: September 21, 2014, 06:02:51 am

Offline YouLikeFishSticks

• Just settled in
  • YouLikeFishSticks has no influence.
That would be me, dear fellow, the lover of 'Kayne's ass and nothing else, and no I am no cocky little brat on the server, I just understand things too much in ways that make people hate me and I enjoy it way too much. I'm don't want to come off as a "top dog" when really I still have the banner of "just settled in" just like you, I have made the attempt to be a trial mod but, sadly failed and now waiting for my second chance to arrive, but still I stand by the opinion I made as seen below

And I understand that some of my wording isn't the best, I learn heavily from feedback and also been even between other players alike. Don't start acting "top dog" over someones opinion can make you look like a complete idiot, and I don't want this to blow up over someone's idea, and will stop, because fights on the internet are worse that ones in real life, due to all the text and I know the admins won't really like it.

Reply #18 Posted: September 21, 2014, 01:19:58 pm
And no I'm not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish.