Topic: Why Vaccinations work

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
How many people actually die from the flu anyway?. I would wager big money that it's sod all,

More like fucking lots!

250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year.

Which is why we have Vaccinations, to stop lots of people dying from Influenza.

1889–1890 flu pandemic
1 million

1918 flu pandemic  (Spanish flu)
20 to 100 million

Asian Flu
1957–1958 1 to 1.5 million

Hong Kong Flu
1968–1969 0.75 to 1 million

2009 flu pandemic
105,700-395,600
Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 09:36:35 am by Spacemonkeyorsarus

Reply #25 Posted: November 13, 2014, 09:01:47 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Not really, he used pretty poor testing methods and there was no follow up research. For example his sample size was 12, way too small to get any meaningful results. There's also evidence that he had a big conflict of interest, he was receiving money from trial lawyers suing the drug companies while he was doing the research (http://briandeer.com/mmr/lancet-deer-1.htm).

It annoys the shit out of me when people blab on about small sample sizes of reports as if they're the only one who's sat stat100. I'm pretty sure a surgeon and medical researcher knows a sample size of 12 isn't sufficient to draw a conclusion, which is probably why he didn't. In fact it's probably why he suggested further research needed to be done. Probably because his sample size was too small.

Reply #26 Posted: November 13, 2014, 09:38:43 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Meesham

• Game Server Admin
  • Meesham has no influence.
It annoys the shit out of me when people blab on about small sample sizes of reports as if they're the only one who's sat stat100. I'm pretty sure a surgeon and medical researcher knows a sample size of 12 isn't sufficient to draw a conclusion, which is probably why he didn't. In fact it's probably why he suggested further research needed to be done. Probably because his sample size was too small.

It amuses me that you completely ignored my second point and decided to attack me instead for bringing up a relevant point about inadequacies in his method.

Reply #27 Posted: November 13, 2014, 10:29:28 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
My point wasn't "Why do we have a tetanus vaccine"
I completely understand having it prior to the fact, at scheduled intervals, to build immunity..

What I was saying was, it's quite common practice for people to be administered the vaccine, after they have been exposed to the real thing, (e.g. going to hospital after impaling yourself on a rusty nail) and I was wondering how that was actually helpful.. "Oh you have been infected with tetanus, here, have more dead tetanus"

I was genuinely interested if anyone had any insight into the reasoning behind that practice, because it doesn't make sense to me.

I did some googling, because that is an interesting question. Only thing i could find, was the live version of the tetanus effects antibody production, so the real tetanus won't produce a response. But that was just one source, and i got sick of googling.

Reply #28 Posted: November 13, 2014, 10:40:04 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
And generally the one given after the fact is a booster tetanus shot.

Reply #29 Posted: November 13, 2014, 11:59:48 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
Yeah, I know the stats Space, I do wonder how they came to such numbers though. But again, you don't know the split between, the old, the young and infirm, and lots of those deaths were back in the dark ages of medicine I guess, when doctors had almost a free reign of power over you, and could administer any poison to try and cure your ailments.

I don't know a single person who has died from the flu, or even come close to it. Have you had someone in your immediate circle of fam/friends who has?. I like to question the motivations behind the scourge of vaccines that have come out. I personally won't touch one ever again.

What interests me more, is why places like the CDC keep smallpox, and other mass killing contagious diseases in storage, rather than nuking them, like they should have. What "use" do they have, if we truly want to disease wiped out. If it pops up again in some remote corner of the world, you have fresh samples to use, to do whatever they do with them, you don't need a reference library of death kept "just in case"

Reply #30 Posted: November 14, 2014, 07:31:41 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I do wonder how they came to such numbers though.

I guess maybe they count the number of people who are, you know, dead?

and lots of those deaths were back in the dark ages of medicine I guess,
Yes, back in the dark ages before they had vaccinations.

I don't know a single person who has died from the flu, or even come close to it. Have you had someone in your immediate circle of fam/friends who has?.
No I don't, because we have vaccinations now.

I like to question the motivations behind the scourge of vaccines that have come out. I personally won't touch one ever again.
I like to question how someone could be so stupid to not ever have a vaccination ever again.

What interests me more, is why places like the CDC keep smallpox, and other mass killing contagious diseases in storage, rather than nuking them, like they should have. What "use" do they have, if we truly want to disease wiped out. If it pops up again in some remote corner of the world, you have fresh samples to use, to do whatever they do with them, you don't need a reference library of death kept "just in case"
Yes they do, they keep them 'just in case' they need to make more vaccinations.

Reply #31 Posted: November 14, 2014, 08:05:52 am

I just suck a lot of dick.

Do you also administer vaccinations with your syringe?

Do you warn people of the potential side effects?

• Soreness or tenderness where the shot was given
  • Non-stop crying, for 3 hours or more
  • Itching

Reply #32 Posted: November 14, 2014, 08:16:38 am

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
I like to question how someone could be so stupid to not ever have a vaccination ever again.

Heard of Squalene before?. Have a read, it's fascinating stuff.

The reasons behind my comments are based on personal experience, rather than just parroting numbers and stats. I know two families who had happy healthy babies, and both babies died as a direct result of complications from a Vaccination done 2 weeks prior. No egg allergies, no anything of the sort. Why would I knowingly support something that has this kind of track record?. If I know two families it has devastated, how many more cases are likely to exist outside of my sad, misinformed world?.

When a Toyota Hilux fails to stop at intersection, and they figure out there is a fault in the brake system, and it lets air into the lines, and causes the brakes to go spongy, then they do what?. They recall the model, and they fix it. Seen any drug recalls in your life time?. You very likely won't, unless it's a debacle on the scale of Thalydomide. Drug companies and doctors share a very handy skill, that is also possessed by drainlayers .... they all bury their mistakes.

Reply #33 Posted: November 14, 2014, 09:07:41 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Do you  even google.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/drugsafety/DrugRecalls/default.htm

Also heard of clinical trials  it a process of such stringent QA  not seen in any other industry except maybe condom making that proves products before commercial applications that it minimises the number of recalls.

Thus the reason for FDA approval of drug research etc

There have bee  multiple recalls,  hell even my pentasa for my chrohns had a recall.

Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:51:34 am by Xsannz

Reply #34 Posted: November 14, 2014, 09:48:52 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
it's a controlled way for your body to develop the antigens to deal with it.

thus the flu vaccine which is incubated in chicken eggs causes allergic reactions in patients who are allergic to eggs, and is so difficult to produce quickly, they have found a new technique using insects which is a lot more stable and efficient

It's not always the egg method, they add the lovely Squalene agent too.
If you start at the beginning, and see how a flu virus is contracted, it enters the body via either mucous glands in the mouth or nose. No virus gets injected into a persons arm, other than the one they call "Vaccination". I have had maybe 3 genuine full on flus in my life, and I am a severe asthmatic, and I am still breathing. How many people actually die from the flu anyway?. I would wager big money that it's sod all, and the ones that do, would be old, or infirm.

Fascinating subject, but a real hornets nest if you kick it hard enough enough  :)

Nah, just gene-splicing or something.

I'd also like to take this moment to announce that Spacemonkey is my home boy.
Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:17:14 am by Retardobot

Reply #35 Posted: November 14, 2014, 10:15:04 am

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
It's great to know the FDA's protocols are so robust, and they are not subject to lobbyists, or such shenanigans. :P

Reply #36 Posted: November 14, 2014, 11:06:29 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
You're an anti-vacc twat.

Anything you say on any subject, has now been, and forever will be seen as utter tripe.

Have a good day.

Reply #37 Posted: November 14, 2014, 11:11:28 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
You're an anti-vacc twat.

Anything you say on any subject, has now been, and forever will be seen as utter tripe.

Have a good day.
Sometimes I wonder about you. Then you say things like this, and the world is right again.

:) :) :) :)

Reply #38 Posted: November 14, 2014, 12:11:42 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Darkvirus and I were discussing Tetanus the other day..

From our understanding the way most vaccines work, is by exposing you to a small, disarmed amount of 'the virus'
So if you impale yourself on a rusty nail, how does asking if your tetanus is up to date, and then exposing yourself to more of it, help?

Because it's a vaccine, NOT A FUCKING CURE.

That was my point.. it seems like an inappropriate time for it lol..

Yeah well, if you're gonna get fucked over by it, may as well get penalised for skipping doses too. Just incase you didn't think you were about to get taught a lesson anyway.
And if not, then you got caught up. Yey science.

Better too little almost too late than nawt.
Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:06:50 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #39 Posted: November 14, 2014, 01:01:39 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyro via rep - paraphrased
MMR doesn't do chickenpox, which I'm pretty sure is a right of passage every kid goes through

Pyro lolbags you can get vaccinated for the pox these days!!

Now where the fuck is the fun in that!?

Oh right, not having your child die.

Antivaxers be all #WorthTheRisk
Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:08:23 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #40 Posted: November 14, 2014, 01:04:02 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Sometimes I wonder about you. Then you say things like this, and the world is right again.

:) :) :) :)

Diddle my bunghole and speak softly.

Reply #41 Posted: November 14, 2014, 01:55:50 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
RII BREAKS OUT IN SONG.

Typing my name with his posts,
telling my life with his words,
Diddling me softly with his schlong,
Diddling me softly with his schlong,
Telling my whole life with his posts,
Diddling me...  Softly.

Reply #42 Posted: November 14, 2014, 05:33:28 pm

Offline kruz

• Game Server Admin
  • kruz has no influence.
Do people still have civilised discussions, without the angst kiddie-rage?. So much anger :(
The Farce is strong in this one.......

Reply #43 Posted: November 14, 2014, 05:57:12 pm

Diddle, diddle, dumpling, my son.

Reply #44 Posted: November 14, 2014, 07:41:38 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Do people still have civilised discussions, without the angst kiddie-rage?. So much anger :(

As threads go this is the most civilised robust discussion that has occured in a while.

Reply #45 Posted: November 14, 2014, 08:28:07 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Have you tried manually updating Punkbuster?

Reply #46 Posted: November 14, 2014, 09:28:15 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Have you tried manually updating Punkbuster?

try "Bouncing the box" turning it off and on again.

Reply #47 Posted: November 14, 2014, 09:31:55 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Sorry you feel that you being flat outright wrong is angst towards you. I guess this is a case where 'the truth hurts' rings true.

Reply #48 Posted: November 15, 2014, 08:54:21 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Reply #49 Posted: November 15, 2014, 01:23:45 pm
I am now banned from GetSome