Topic: PC component value vs. whole rig sale?

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Hey dudes,

I'm about to sell of my old PC, and curious as to thoughts on price on the parts and whole, and which way is the best way to go:

Fractal Design R3 Case
Corsair AX750W PSU
Intel i7-970 CPU (Quad with HT 3.2GHz) (LGA1366)
24GB (3 x 8GB) G.Skill RAM
Antec Kuhler 920 CPU Water cooling unit
ASUS Blu Ray Combo drive
Samsung DVD Combo drive
Sapphire AMD 6970 GPU
ASUS Sabretooth X58 Motherboard
ASUS Xonar D2X Soundcard

I also have a couple of other Media Centre PC's which I'll also be getting rid of, but wanting to get a gauge on whether I'm better to break them up, or try to sell off as whole machines... Ideally I'm trying to avoid multiple TradeMe transactions (well ideally I'll avoid TradeMe altogether).

Posted: February 16, 2015, 01:48:20 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
It all adds up to how bothered you can be with parting stuff out.

If shipping is involved, parting out a PC is a god damn dick-punch.

Boxing everything, labelling everything, keeping ahold of tracking numbers. Finding packing insulation for each part and being prepared to deal with multiple lost-in-transit claims.

If you can, sell off the box as a whole to someone local despite the possibility of taking a hit in the final sale figure.

I recently did it and I'd rather have the PC sitting their gathering dust than parting it out again - and I was able to use the in-house courier service.

Reply #1 Posted: February 16, 2015, 02:05:06 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, this is where I am heading in my thoughts... I'll take a decent hit with Trademe fees as well, let alone the general fuckwittery of Trademe users smashing my sanity...

Reply #2 Posted: February 16, 2015, 02:30:29 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Hey dudes,

I'm about to sell of my old PC, and curious as to thoughts on price on the parts and whole, and which way is the best way to go:

Fractal Design R3 Case
Corsair AX750W PSU
Intel i7-970 CPU (Quad with HT 3.2GHz) (LGA1366)
24GB (3 x 8GB) G.Skill RAM
Antec Kuhler 920 CPU Water cooling unit
ASUS Blu Ray Combo drive
Samsung DVD Combo drive
Sapphire AMD 6970 GPU
ASUS Sabretooth X58 Motherboard
ASUS Xonar D2X Soundcard

I also have a couple of other Media Centre PC's which I'll also be getting rid of, but wanting to get a gauge on whether I'm better to break them up, or try to sell off as whole machines... Ideally I'm trying to avoid multiple TradeMe transactions (well ideally I'll avoid TradeMe altogether).

$120 + shipping to chch ;)

just because i know how many fap stains will be on your rig, and how many pubic hair balls wil be in the fans :P

Reply #3 Posted: February 16, 2015, 02:31:08 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Yeah, this is where I am heading in my thoughts... I'll take a decent hit with Trademe fees as well, let alone the general fuckwittery of Trademe users smashing my sanity...

but you might get some user who abuses you again and we can start a thread and troll them again... come on Arsey take one for the team  :)

Reply #4 Posted: February 16, 2015, 02:31:52 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I'd say you would get a good coin for that rig. its almost a dream machine for the general gamer :O

Reply #5 Posted: February 16, 2015, 02:42:21 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
What kind of media machines do you have? I am looking at something which would be good to throw a few TV capture cards in, and use it over a normal PVR.

Reply #6 Posted: February 16, 2015, 05:29:25 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
Selling the PLS i sold you awhile ago?

Reply #7 Posted: February 16, 2015, 05:57:50 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
What you are selling is almost my computer, it scares me how little it's worth now. I guess I've had plenty of use out of it though.

Reply #8 Posted: February 16, 2015, 07:24:39 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Give ya $150 shipped to Wellington, and you can keep the case if you want :-)

Reply #9 Posted: February 16, 2015, 08:06:32 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I also have a couple of other Media Centre PC's which I'll also be getting rid of,

Any graphics cards in them?

Reply #10 Posted: February 17, 2015, 06:40:03 am

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
I'll get the media PC details. One is actually a really bloody amazing machine, and the other is just a shitty dual core one for the kids (lol). Both have basic GPU's from memory, but I'll deets in this thread soon.

Reply #11 Posted: February 19, 2015, 11:07:46 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
but I'll deets in this thread soon.

Deets by Dr. Arsey

Reply #12 Posted: February 19, 2015, 11:44:10 am