Topic: Audio Switcher

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
This is for all those peeps that hate using Control Panel to change their default audio devices...

Features:
- Allows you to change Windows Default Audio devices without opening Control Panel
- Quick access to audio devices from the System Tray.
- Full Global Hot Key support which allows you to change the default audio device with the press of a key
- Favourite Devices - Only your favourited devices will show up in the Tray Icon Menu.
- Settings support for closing to tray, starting minimized to tray and running at start up (using a registry key)
- You don't have to be a slave to the Windows Control Panel anymore!

Requirements:
- Windows Vista/7 32-bit or 64-bit (Vista and 32-bit remains untested, but assumed working)
- .NET 3.5 Client Profile installed

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=eegoocg1.bqm.png
Audio Switcher
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=5v3hu2bn.hrq.png
Audio Switcher
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=xozkewti.gda.png
Audio Switcher

Changelog

1.2.1.6:
- Added auto update feature to the update window. App can now update itself.
- Added new setting to check for updates on start up, and notify via a notify popup (sys tray popup)
- Fixed an icon disappearing issue.

1.1.0.7:
- Sweet favourite icons, thanks Codex
- More acknowledgements yo!
- Update service. From this version on you can now manually check for updates on the settings tab, and when there is a new update it will give you the zipped exe
- Hot keys can now be set via right click menu
- Bug reporting (properly implemented this time)
- Attempted fix on a COMException not found error that keeps cropping up for a few people.

1.0.7.9 RC1:
- First introduction of new features (nothing usable just yet :))
- Refreshed the UI to match the control panel UI. Should make it a shit load easier to distinguish the devices from one another.
- KONAMI CODE

- KNOWN ISSUE: Favourite/Default Devices currently do not have an icon to show that they are favourited/defaulted
- KNOWN ISSUE: Set hot key via right click is not active

1.0.1.2 RC1:
- Repackaged the executable
- Fixed hotkey not listing microphone devices
- Added initial support for emailing errors

1.0.0.15:
- Removed the duplicate process check NOTE: This comes with a warning that 2 copies of Audio Switcher should not be run on the same PC. It could play havoc with the hotkey system. Use at your own discretion.

1.0.0.14:
- Changed the notification hover tooltip to show the default output (is more useful than "Audio Switcher")

1.0.0.13:
- Quick Switch wasn't refreshing the menu options. Now fixed

1.0.0.12:
- Fixed hot key window crash
- Altered the hot keys to allow for non modifier (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) hotkeys to work.
- Ini settings are now action on start up.

1.0.0.11:
- Fixed issue where favourite devices were not saving correctly
- Increased the maximum number of favourite devices from 3 (lol my bad) to something silly like 500.
- Fixed issue where old/removed favourited devices were still being saved
- Attempted fix for the app crash when devices were not being detected correctly.
- Added new functionality, Quick Switch Mode, (thanks nzkfc for the suggestion). This mode allows a single click on the icon to CYCLE through favourite PLAYBACK devices for "super" quick changing between playback devices.
- Revised the hotkey disabled function. It now un-registers the hotkey from the system instead of ignoring it.

1.0.0.9:
- Fixed issue where main window would not be set active (brought to front) when tray icon was double clicked
- Changed the .NET version to 3.5 Client Profile to ensure portability

1.0.0.8:
- Fixed issue where context menu would appear twice after a right click on tray icon

1.0.0.7:
- Fixed issue where tray menu would not populate devices when run in minimized mode
- Added left click to open context menu on icon, has a small delay to allow for the double click to open main window.

1.0.0.6:
- Added "Disable Hot Key" setting
- Fixed issue when hot keys are active when the Hot Key edit window is open.

1.0.0.5:
- Added Hot key support
- Added "Favourite Device" support
- Added Settings
- Added Donation Link
- Main window can now be resized

1.0.0.0:
- Initial Release
- Basic support for switching default audio devices
- Tray Icon for quick switching

Download Link: http://services.fortyone.net.nz/AudioSwitcher/Versions/1.2.1.6/AudioSwitcher.zip

If you guys like it. Feel free to pass it on to your friends :P

I will keep the development temporarily open on this for a little while so if you guys have any suggestions/bugs then post in here and I will fix before releasing a final version.

Feature list is likely to stay locked, unless there is something REALLY GOOD that is missing.

Things I may do but, it would require a bit of effort hence may not/probably won't happen:
- Adding scripting/profiles, so a hot key can change more than one device and volume levels etc...
- Adding volume support
- Directx overlay for in game.
- Auto switch device on application launch
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:00:28 am by Xenolightning

Posted: March 03, 2012, 05:31:52 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Very cool, thanks a bunch.

Reply #1 Posted: March 03, 2012, 05:55:34 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Very cool, thanks a bunch. But, either I'm retarded or the links broke.

Edit: Turns out I am retarded. double post ftw.

Reply #2 Posted: March 03, 2012, 05:57:17 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I was probably uploading a new version when you clicked it :)

Reply #3 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:00:15 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
Can you add a hook to look for when an application closes / opens?

Reply #4 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:17:06 am

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1473021
Can you add a hook to look for when an application closes / opens?
Yea should be doable. Give me enough of a reason to and I might look into it.

That really depends on having a more involved "hot key" system where as you could bind multiple events to the profile/script. Which will require some decent input.

Reply #5 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:28:16 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
iTunes switches it to onboard 5.1 for music and when BF3 is opened it switches to g930s. Might just need an option for closing or when both applications are open.

Reply #6 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:33:21 am

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1473024
iTunes switches it to onboard 5.1 for music and when BF3 is opened it switches to g930s. Might just need an option for closing or when both applications are open.
Easy enough to detect processes when they open, and do something when they do. Would need to add quite bit of new functionality for the device switching though.

Would be on a process open, and it would switch the device on the open. Last program open will get priority in other words.

Will see what I can drum up later today.

EDIT: This needs a front page sticky ;)
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:49:59 am by Xenolightning

Reply #7 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:46:03 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Could we pin a shortcut to our task bars that has a command like c:\switcher.exe -headphones?

Reply #8 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:50:23 am

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: O-L-W-A-G;1473027
Could we pin a shortcut to our task bars that has a command like c:\switcher.exe -headphones?
Advantage of that over a tray icon and/or hotkey? the -headphones part would be a user defined "profile" in which the profile would need to define the specific devices to switch to.

Reply #9 Posted: March 03, 2012, 06:55:21 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
One click change instead of going to system tray then click then click. Hotkeys it has nothing on. Scratch that idea what about windows 8 grid thingy? Might start dropping windows 7 because of the boot times once I get my HDD problem sorted.

I can do the HTML / js front end if you want
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:09:50 am by O-L-W-A-G

Reply #10 Posted: March 03, 2012, 07:03:06 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
good shit xeno, hopefully I'll be able to switch between headphones and front panel on my Xonar without involving the asus control panel

will try it out this arvo

Reply #11 Posted: March 03, 2012, 11:20:27 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xenolightning

_b new version.

I think the feature list will stay locked (unless there is something REALLY good that is missing) to keep the app as lightweight/intrusion free as possible. Auto switching when applications open has henceforth been put under features that will not be included, as it's not hard to press a hot key.
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:53:41 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #12 Posted: March 03, 2012, 01:46:25 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

_b new version out. Check OP for changelog and new download LINK

Have fixed a few niggly issues, and revised quite a bit of functionality.

Mostly a stability release however.

If possible can I get some feedback if anyone runs into issues.

Thanks.

Reply #13 Posted: March 18, 2012, 04:08:14 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Krekor

• Just settled in
  • Krekor has no influence.
Uninstaller?
Installed latest version to try it.  Single-clicking on system tray resulted in Unhandled Exception Error.
Can't see how to uninstall (or is it simply deleting the .exe?)
Adjusted the .ini file to 'AutoStartWithWindows=False', but it still asked me if I wanted to run it on reboot

Reply #14 Posted: March 18, 2012, 10:30:16 am
s8.Krekor
^42U^Gregor
DMZ|Gregor
NZC_Gregor

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Did you install the .NET 3.5 runtime libraries?

Reply #15 Posted: March 18, 2012, 01:29:04 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Xenolightning

No installer, therefore no uninstaller. So deleting the exe will remove it. However the on start up thing is a reigstry entry, you can remove that by going into msconfig and removing the start up entry.

What were you doing to the unhandled exception error?

EDIT, hmm single click. Will have a look into it.
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:45:02 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #16 Posted: March 18, 2012, 04:53:07 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Say I wanted to remove the reg key where would it be located in regedit? I don't want to I use audioswitcher constantly but for future cases.

Reply #17 Posted: March 18, 2012, 05:32:17 pm

Offline Xenolightning

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Key name is AudioSwitcher. Just delete that entry.

However 1.0.0.12, I've fixed the hotkey functions. You no longer need a modifer for a hotkey to work correctly, and the elusive crash in the hotkey window should also be gone.

Also a follow up to Krekor's issue, the ini can now be modified and the changes are now actioned on startup. Which means if you change autostart in the ini, it will remove the entry on next start of the application.

Link in OP.

Krekor: Was the Quick Switch Mode enabled when you got that error?
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:45:48 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #18 Posted: March 18, 2012, 05:41:37 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xenolightning

v13 up.

Hopefully it should just about close off any/all issue people are having.

COME ON FINAL RELEASE :P

Let me know if hotkeys aren't working. Its a possible known issue.
Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:44:16 pm by Xenolightning

Reply #19 Posted: March 18, 2012, 06:22:11 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
Would be nice to have a g15 applet or at least an API so I can make one after the final release.

Reply #20 Posted: March 19, 2012, 06:36:07 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
It'd be good if it had a button that implements RFC 2324, cheers.

Reply #21 Posted: March 19, 2012, 06:07:08 pm

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: Pyromanik;1475864
Ahh yes have looked into this. Would be a great feature to add.

Reply #22 Posted: March 19, 2012, 06:43:45 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Pyromanik;1475864

oh you

Reply #23 Posted: March 19, 2012, 07:12:22 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Pyromanik

418: I'm a teapot.

Reply #24 Posted: March 19, 2012, 11:07:20 pm