Topic: What is this shit and why should I taste it?

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
Google gives a near non-answer saying it's a physics sandbox which anyone looking into it very likely already knows. GMOD website expands on this in a way that implies it is for plebs who have no skill/ability or who are too lazy to get some and require someone else to make their assets.

I guess my question is why should I bother with it? In what way can someone benefit from creating content that the peasants will want to use in their mindless ambition to avoid being creative, skilled, learning worthwhile things, or using their brains in a manner that isn't reminding themselves to breath every now and then to sustain their pitiful existence?

Please remember to thank me for providing you with the opportunity to respond to one of my threads.

Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:04:13 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
and Oddball is back..

Reply #1 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:13:24 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What is he even talking about?

About Garry, and his mods.

Reply #2 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:17:03 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Since your new to the forum, ill give you a heads up, there are trolls and there are people who post for the sheer hell of the post count.

and then there are people like Chilli and Oddball (do some forum searching and you shall be enlightened) who have transcended beyond being simple trolls to epic disease ridden forum rotting trolling bog monsters, however intelligent they seem its best not to feed them.

Reply #3 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:17:40 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

what Mods does he have?

Reply #4 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:18:03 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

what Mods does he have?

He's got a Bodykit and aftermarket exhaust that goes bawwwsuuushh when he farts.

Reply #5 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:21:22 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

what Mods does he have?

He's got a Bodykit and aftermarket exhaust that goes bawwwsuuushh when he farts.

typical they always fit the fart valve with no understanding...

Reply #6 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:24:18 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
epic disease ridden forum rotting trolling bog monsters

What a.. beautiful thing to say. Thank you, Xsannz.

Reply #7 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:29:10 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
epic disease ridden forum rotting trolling bog monsters

What a.. beautiful thing to say. Thank you, Xsannz.

We love you really <8.

The forum just wouldn't be a forum without you.

Reply #8 Posted: July 29, 2014, 02:37:47 pm

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
It's a game where if you want to build and program a helicopter, you can.
If you want to have sex with Alyx Vance via oculus rift and Xbox kinnect, You can.
If you want to program a virtual os, have it running of its on "virtual" lan, you can.

But sadly no one plays it for this anymore.

Now a days it's TTT, a game of cops and robbers
Murder, the same but only one person is the killer
Cinema - You just share youtube videos and watch as 12 year olds spam the playlist with pewdiepie
or Roleplay, where you can pretend to be the mafia and rob the local pretend gunstore owner to make him cry because you just stole all his money.

Garrys mod is a sandbox of the source engine. Use what ever props you have from other games, like the gnome from ep2, and put a balloon on him. IDK, but if you want, most of the shit you think of is possible, or can look possible.

Reply #9 Posted: July 29, 2014, 04:30:42 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

But there is one thing Garrys mod can not do.

Half Life 3.

Reply #10 Posted: July 29, 2014, 04:47:57 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
It's a game where if you want to build and program a helicopter, you can.
If you want to have sex with Alyx Vance via oculus rift and Xbox kinnect, You can.
If you want to program a virtual os, have it running of its on "virtual" lan, you can.

But sadly no one plays it for this anymore.

Now a days it's TTT, a game of cops and robbers
Murder, the same but only one person is the killer
Cinema - You just share youtube videos and watch as 12 year olds spam the playlist with pewdiepie
or Roleplay, where you can pretend to be the mafia and rob the local pretend gunstore owner to make him cry because you just stole all his money.

Garrys mod is a sandbox of the source engine. Use what ever props you have from other games, like the gnome from ep2, and put a balloon on him. IDK, but if you want, most of the shit you think of is possible, or can look possible.

Well done, minion.

For now I will be leaving the peasants to their pathetic existence.

Reply #11 Posted: July 29, 2014, 05:42:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
So, now that Sideshow Bob has been permanently gagged, we can ask the important questions.

Is Garry's Mod worth the $9.99USD? I've never played but usually 102% lose my shit when I watch the YouTube videos.

Reply #12 Posted: July 29, 2014, 07:42:50 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
Who's sideshow bob?

Reply #13 Posted: July 29, 2014, 07:47:13 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #14 Posted: July 29, 2014, 07:51:34 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member

Reply #15 Posted: July 29, 2014, 08:05:51 pm

Offline pop

• Addicted
  • pop barely matters.pop barely matters.
its alrite but no tournaments for this game

Reply #16 Posted: July 29, 2014, 08:10:09 pm

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
That's a hard question to answer. Garry's mod is still a successful game however like all games as it aged and got updated it got progressively worse with each update breaking more than it fixes. It's really up to you. Inside Garry's mod there are lots of player created gamemodes the popular ones Dark RP, Trouble In Terrorist Town, Deathrun / Bhop, small fretta gamemodes, mini games, 20+ Role-play gamemodes, to many to count team death match game modes, DayZ spin-offs / Zombie survival, sandbox mode, Cinema (Pointless) then there are the game modes were you really have to question what drug the person was on when he bashed away on his keyboard to create the most buggy Lua script ever invented but it somehow works.

I must admit all the You Tube videos of Garry's mod make it look like shit probably because in some cases that's true. But then again You Tube if often blamed for the downfall of Garry's mod and other games by the Machinima channels that attract the autistic kids to play but the ban hammer does its best to squash them.  Also note that a majority of the You Tube videos of Garry's mod are whiny Americans playing on Dark Rp were the admins are borderline retarded and fly around the map just because they can, advice stay the hell away from DarkRp. But there's plenty of stuff to explore. Some of the more famous modders are still around and come up with some epic items but at a much slower rate modding as a community has also slowed, due to people that charge each other for even the most basic of scripts.

In short there will be a game mode that you will enjoy it depends on what style and genre of games you like to play because Garry's mod just about has it all and if you don’t find something you like then there’s nothing more fun than messing with Source Engine and designing your own models or scripting AI.
Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:44:15 pm by Quantum

Reply #17 Posted: July 29, 2014, 08:25:21 pm

So, now that Sideshow Bob has been permanently gagged, we can ask the important questions.

Is Garry's Mod worth the $9.99USD? I've never played but usually 102% lose my shit when I watch the YouTube videos.

You don't have it yet?

It's worth around $5.62

Reply #18 Posted: July 29, 2014, 09:21:24 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

You don't have it yet?

It's worth around $5.62

Never played. DON'T STOP BEING MY FRIEND BECAUSE I HAVE DIVULGED THIS INFORMATION.

Thanks for the write up, Quantum :) I might do as Monkey suggests and grab it on sale. The videos I go tight butthole over are the skit ones, not the stupid streams where pewdiepie lovers just scream into a mic.
Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:32:00 pm by Retardobot

Reply #19 Posted: July 29, 2014, 10:22:48 pm