Topic: The need for more admins is desperate

Offline YouLikeFishSticks

• Just settled in
  • YouLikeFishSticks has no influence.
Okay I'm going to say that the server needs more admins, no joke, the server turns into an rdm fest when no admins or trial mod is online leaving the server to become full of rdm (players such as DJ Dildo Faggins and Yeboi in my recent cases) and in some instances mic spam (DJ Dildo Faggins and memeking again in my recent cases). Even if the limit is 16 years of age, and I can't argue for when they're not online (for both those things I wont argue over cause I'm good like that) but there is a need for more admins on this server, today is the second day where in my instance of being online that there has being rdm or maybe even mic spam, and I know that this is getting sorted out as soon as it can because this is a very good server and I can see that that it can become full of rdmers and mic spammers and I'm not going to be the only one not liking that idea. I wont argue for the fact of the process of looking at the applications maybe long and takes time to think over, but some players can actually be one. Just something I needed to get out after having enough, I know that the certain people will take this serious and I'd understand and I will take time to read what others will say.

Posted: August 10, 2014, 07:47:38 pm
And no I'm not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish.

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Fully understand what you are saying but having an admin / moderator / trialMod on at all times isn't easy. We cannot request people to be on 24/7 nor do we expect that. On top of that, two of our moderators are absent at the moment due to study / other reasons, until a few more days time.

We have to be very cautious with who we chose. We can't just pick someone and say "they'll do"

We have to worry about how the community thinks about the, How they will react with the community, how they will act with power, how the community will react to them.

Every time someone finds out X may become a mod, I hear someone crying that they will quit the server if X is given a chance.
Sometimes, Quantum and I will chose someone, and find out they aren't the best for the position (see John De Lancie).
When situations like that happen, we must then rethink / refine our process of selecting someone.

At the end of the day, bad policing of the server is no better than no policing.

Reply #1 Posted: August 10, 2014, 07:54:53 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

• Just settled in
Understandable Kayne not even going to try and argue, not even going to try on that note. And also what happened to John, I maybe wasn't around for that hiccup.

[EDIT] Oh I didn't remember that bit probably.

Reply #2 Posted: August 10, 2014, 08:17:11 pm

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
He wasn't mature enough to be a mod, even though he was 16. He was demoted rather than promoted and handled the situation in a very destructive matter, too bad he did, he could of had another shot in a few months time. Oh well, Silly him.

Reply #3 Posted: August 10, 2014, 09:41:20 pm

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in
  • John Soap has no influence.
Justice.... and thank god for persistence.

Reply #4 Posted: August 10, 2014, 10:31:22 pm
Hi!

I am a lovely person with a great personalty, i like long walks on the beach and love watching movies and cuddling. I'm a great listener and will make sure life is easy for anyone. I also follow satan, I worship him daily and will sacrifice unborn children for our great powerful overlord.

Ily

Offline Kmaybz1

• I Posted!
  • Kmaybz1 has no influence.
I completely understand you're frustration Fishsticks

Reply #5 Posted: August 11, 2014, 06:04:19 pm
Fish don't swin

• Just settled in
As long as the right people are getting in and doing their part everyone would be happy.

Reply #6 Posted: August 11, 2014, 08:00:24 pm

Offline GreenJizzAndHam

• I Posted!
  • GreenJizzAndHam has no influence.
Indeed, the Get Some server does turn to shit with all the RDM. I agree there needs to be more Mods on the server, especially when there are none on to to protect the Children (Cooldude) from the RDM.

Reply #7 Posted: August 11, 2014, 10:23:09 pm

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in
You're just jealous that he likes Neonsparkles better than you......

Reply #8 Posted: August 12, 2014, 12:31:27 am
Hi!

I am a lovely person with a great personalty, i like long walks on the beach and love watching movies and cuddling. I'm a great listener and will make sure life is easy for anyone. I also follow satan, I worship him daily and will sacrifice unborn children for our great powerful overlord.

Ily

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.
You're just jealous that he likes Neonsparkles better than you......
HAHA, that is so true :)
Have a cookie

Reply #9 Posted: August 12, 2014, 06:40:36 am

• Just settled in
Shhh we can't have favourite children, we'd be shitty parents then shhhh.

Reply #10 Posted: August 12, 2014, 10:22:08 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Someone buy me Garry's Mod and give me admin.

I'll fuck up everyone's day.

Reply #11 Posted: August 13, 2014, 11:26:54 am

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in

No thank you, we already have a silly psychotic admin on board. His name is kayne, with a ' infront of his name.

Reply #12 Posted: August 13, 2014, 12:59:01 pm
Hi!

Ily

Offline Kayne

Well if you insist

Reply #13 Posted: August 13, 2014, 01:17:45 pm

• Just settled in

We all bow down to quantum not kayne

Reply #14 Posted: August 13, 2014, 02:33:43 pm

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in

We all bow down to quantum not kayne
'Kayne is an Admin, Quantum is the Manager. Get it right!

But i do agree.

Reply #15 Posted: August 13, 2014, 06:00:17 pm
Hi!

Ily

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Kayne, you insane person.

You actually purchased Garry's Mod for me...

Downloading now. Shit is going to get real.

Reply #16 Posted: August 14, 2014, 06:15:05 pm

Offline Paolo

• I Posted!
  • Paolo has no influence.
Well I'm back from my exams now so I can play on weekends normally again

Reply #17 Posted: August 14, 2014, 07:41:05 pm
I like lazing around, and sleeping anywhere :3 (True Story)

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.

He is coming, cover your butts

Reply #18 Posted: August 15, 2014, 08:49:56 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!

Let me know when you herp so I can jump on and derp..

Reply #19 Posted: August 15, 2014, 09:39:07 am

Offline NeonSparkles

• I Posted!
  • NeonSparkles has no influence.
People on TTT be like

Reply #20 Posted: August 15, 2014, 05:59:46 pm

Offline GreenJizzAndHam

• I Posted!
  • GreenJizzAndHam has no influence.
I know this topic has turned into a joke, but the server turns straight into dead straight shit after the admins leave, for instace, as im typing to comment right now. Two Metagamers which are RDMers have killed 9 innocents when they were both Dect's. Seriously, its either you get more Admins or the current Admins stay on the server for longer because trust me ladies and gentlemen. The RDMers on this server is getting out of hand. Trust me, ask everyone else.

Reply #21 Posted: August 15, 2014, 10:16:11 pm

• Just settled in
I know this topic has turned into a joke, but the server turns straight into dead straight shit after the admins leave, for instace, as im typing to comment right now. Two Metagamers which are RDMers have killed 9 innocents when they were both Dect's. Seriously, its either you get more Admins or the current Admins stay on the server for longer because trust me ladies and gentlemen. The RDMers on this server is getting out of hand. Trust me, ask everyone else.
Please note what 'Kayne has said, and also send the names or steam IDs to either Quantum or "kayne so they know whilst they're gone. It helps.

Reply #22 Posted: August 15, 2014, 11:40:17 pm

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
I understand that it's frustrating when no admins are on the server to deal with situations like this. However most of the admins are busy studying or busy with University / Work commitments. I myself haven't been able to get on much because of this, during the free time I do get I like to spend it writing Lua scripts to improve the server by making custom weapons unique to the server as you probably have seen with the new weapons and maps that have been put on.

Admins will obviously join more often when the Uni rush stops. In the meantime me and Kayne will look at trialling some moderators.

The main problem I see at the moment is admins have to be in game to deal with this, to be able to read the reports and logs and monitor chat and voice spammers.

I am currently working to resolve this by adding remote web based administration support but I don't want to rush that I would rather make a solid system that integrates with the servers current administration tools. And allow viewing of saved reports via a web interface this won’t be done in a day.

But for now it would we really helpful if players actually explained what happened in the RDM report because believe it or not just one TTT round can have a damage-log that spans 100-800 lines long and that's never fun to read even with the server doing that hard job of highlighting events. Most of the time players just say (F@ck Sh*t C*nt rdming piece of sh*t) that's really not helpful when trying to find out what happened especially when the reported players reply is equal to or even worse. And what I struggle to understand is why do people do that in the reports only the admins read them and it gets on are nerves when people say stuff like that. I have thought about making the server send the reported players reply to the victim but I think it would do more harm than good.

Here's a perfect example from tonight a player shoots at a player at the start of the round, the player then finds the player that had originally shot and kills the player. The player reports the RDM with a nice abusive message looking at the logs it would appears as if the victim was right however the detailed response saying that the player had shot earlier justified it and the logs backed the claim so the report was waved.

Spoiler :

Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:57:47 am by Quantum

Reply #23 Posted: August 16, 2014, 12:41:31 am