No
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 28, 2014, 08:29:37 pm

Topic: Server Rank Ideas?

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!
  • Baby Fridge has no influence.
So, I am going to try to become more active on the server while still disassociating myself from people the like of NeonSparkles (ew). So, my idea, to possibly attract more people to invest their time into playing in the server for longer and becoming regulars, are new Server ranks other than T-Mod, Mod, Admin, and Manager, such as:

- Regular (Just spending enough time on the server to earn this ranking)
- Friendly/Trusted (While also spending enough time on the server, they also must be friendly and active within the community)
- 'Kayne's B*tch (This person will just need to suck up to the 'Kayne for long enough to earn this (possibly one of the greatest rankings earnable) ranking, of which I am sure some people would be very suitable for this placing.

These are just ideas, and I would love to see these come to GetSome one day.

p.s. 'Kayne plz don't hurt me for hatin on your girl  :-[

Posted: August 21, 2014, 07:27:39 pm
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline NeonSparkles

• I Posted!
  • NeonSparkles has no influence.
So, I am going to try to become more active on the server while still disassociating myself from people the like of NeonSparkles (ew). So, my idea, to possibly attract more people to invest their time into playing in the server for longer and becoming regulars, are new Server ranks other than T-Mod, Mod, Admin, and Manager, such as:

- Friendly/Trusted (While also spending enough time on the server, they also must be friendly and active within the community)
- 'Kayne's B*tch (This person will just need to suck up to the 'Kayne for long enough to earn this (possibly one of the greatest rankings earnable) ranking, of which I am sure some people would be very suitable for this placing.

Shots fired.
Spoiler :

Reply #1 Posted: August 21, 2014, 07:39:53 pm

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
And who's going to control this exactly... I don't see the benefit of a trusted / regular title, while it has been considered more than once and suggested by a few people I can not see it benefiting in anyway. It also seems odd to have a trusted rank it's almost like saying you don't trust them because if you did then wouldn't they be an admin ?

Regular rank I can understand I have coded this to be automatic and add people based on time connected but then abandoned the idea because I decided it was pointless because everyone knows the regulars and as you know the HUD displays information about the players play time when being targeted.

What I personally think is a better idea is to bring a more competitive edge to the game by integrating HLstatsX stats.getsome.co.nz. Unfortunately my understanding is that HLstatsX tracking does not support Garry's mod yet but it also seems like it can be interfaced easily enough even though Garry's mod does not have an official MySQL library however allot of work would still be required to properly track all weapon stats like TF2 does.

I am really keen for the HLstatsX idea and will probably make a start on it when I have more spear time later on in the year. But I do understand not everyone wants TTT to be a competitive gamemode so I am open to suggestions about this and would like to hear if people would be interested in me making it more competitive with more detailed events instead of a simplistic round report.

Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:04:24 pm by Quantum

Reply #2 Posted: August 21, 2014, 07:49:12 pm

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!
Trusted could be used for people who are trustworthy enough to be an admin/moderator yet don't suit the requirements for the job. Also, this could help to show that these people could help to report any rdmers and possibly scare any potential mass rdmers into leaving or just playing the game as it is supposed to be.

Regular could also just be a rank to show that those people do play enough that they would have some control over the mass of crazy squeakers and stoned 40 year old virgins that could snap at any time and erupt the server into absolute mayhem.

And, above all of this, these ranks would inspire some who would move from server to server to possibly stick to GetSome and aspire to gain these ranks which don't really require too much effort but time and responsibility.

If you don't like this Quantum, then fine. I was just attempting to become more active on the server in a constructive and useful way.

Reply #3 Posted: August 21, 2014, 08:02:25 pm
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline Quantum

• Quantum has no influence.
I never meant for it to sound like a bad idea but you're not the first person to suggest this and has been thought out in great detail in the past. You did ask for opinions and said "Do you think this could work" I simply answered this and thought I would keep you in the loop by letting you know I am considering stat tracking that would be much better than having titles based on time played.

Reply #4 Posted: August 21, 2014, 08:08:32 pm

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!
Ok, fair enough then.

Case Dismissed.

Reply #5 Posted: August 21, 2014, 09:00:50 pm
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in
  • John Soap has no influence.
Just saying, maybe you should give the "Trusted" title to people who make a GetSome account and have a certain amount of posts? but yet people could just spam peoples posts and stuff.

Reply #6 Posted: August 21, 2014, 09:29:11 pm
Hi!

I am a lovely person with a great personalty, i like long walks on the beach and love watching movies and cuddling. I'm a great listener and will make sure life is easy for anyone. I also follow satan, I worship him daily and will sacrifice unborn children for our great powerful overlord.

Ily

Offline NeonSparkles

• I Posted!
  • NeonSparkles has no influence.
Just saying, maybe you should give the "Trusted" title to people who make a GetSome account and have a certain amount of posts? but yet people could just spam peoples posts and stuff.

I don't think you should bring the GetSome forums into the matter because the discussions and the game are often not related exactly.. Also, there are quite a few regulars who could be seen as trusted on the server but do not make an effort (and are not obligated to) to post on the forums. What makes you 'trusted' as such is making connections and communicating within the game GMod as opposed to making a couple mindless posts on Show Your Face or whatever it's called. Just my opinion though I might be getting the wrong idea here.

I know the system will not start up anytime soon (if at all) but I think a good way of deciding any ranks apart from staff could be like a community vote or something which would be flexible rather than set and final with the number of posts.

Reply #7 Posted: August 21, 2014, 10:36:43 pm

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!
Yeah, i would have thought to be trusted the actions ingame would be taken into account by Quantum or someone else and decided using that information.

Reply #8 Posted: August 21, 2014, 10:59:07 pm
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline YouLikeFishSticks

• Just settled in
  • YouLikeFishSticks has no influence.
Really more than anything, getting rid of the rank idea for regulars it doesn't serve too much for a personal touch sort of thing, it's more for the fact of having a character skin and maybe even name colour (looking at you Quantum...) that can add a personal touch on a players profile.

Reply #9 Posted: August 22, 2014, 12:30:56 am
And no I'm not Aquaman, I am a recovering gay fish.

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in

I don't think you should bring the GetSome forums into the matter because the discussions and the game are often not related exactly.. Also, there are quite a few regulars who could be seen as trusted on the server but do not make an effort (and are not obligated to) to post on the forums. What makes you 'trusted' as such is making connections and communicating within the game GMod as opposed to making a couple mindless posts on Show Your Face or whatever it's called. Just my opinion though I might be getting the wrong idea here.

I know the system will not start up anytime soon (if at all) but I think a good way of deciding any ranks apart from staff could be like a community vote or something which would be flexible rather than set and final with the number of posts.

It was an idea, but from your explanation i can get where you are coming from, and i did kinda say that mindless post were going to be inevitable.

It was worth a shot.

Reply #10 Posted: August 22, 2014, 12:51:58 am
Hi!

I am a lovely person with a great personalty, i like long walks on the beach and love watching movies and cuddling. I'm a great listener and will make sure life is easy for anyone. I also follow satan, I worship him daily and will sacrifice unborn children for our great powerful overlord.

Ily

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Shit you fellas seem all on edge.

I do agree that we need something that would inspire users to keep playing on our server, and while calling everyone my bitch isn't exactly a bad idea, it would make life just that little bit more awkward for me and Quantum. Having to decide who gets trial moderator or not is awkward enough without having to decide if someone gets to be my bitch or "a regular" rank.

Another problem (afaik) is that we will soon be moving to the SM admin system, or at least integrating ULX with it. Creating random ranks now may cause a few headaches down the line.

Bringing the point shop back does seem like the safest and most reasonable option, but to force new players to download extreme amounts of shitty looking skins, seems like it would just scare people off.

Quantum and I are thinking about all of this and trying to make the best choices so hang in there guys.

Reply #11 Posted: August 22, 2014, 02:15:00 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!
Well if this idea doesn't work, then meh. I was just trying to do something constructive for once and stop staring at 'Kayne's perfect ass.

Reply #12 Posted: August 22, 2014, 07:05:11 am
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline Kmaybz1

• I Posted!
  • Kmaybz1 has no influence.
Well if this idea doesn't work, then meh. I was just trying to do something constructive for once and stop staring at 'Kayne's perfect ass.

Butt butt, Baby Fridge how could you ever do so much as look away from that perfect ass for anymore than a second???

Reply #13 Posted: August 22, 2014, 12:13:32 pm
Fish don't swin

Offline Baby Fridge

• I Posted!

Butt butt, Baby Fridge how could you ever do so much as look away from that perfect ass for anymore than a second???

I am struggling to become sober from the drug that is known as 'Kayne's buttocks, and it isn't easy going. Almost 2 days sober now, and I'm really starting to feel the withdrawal symptoms. Hallucinations are common now, I just cannot stop thinking about the perfection of his butt cheeks. With your help, you can keep me sober and free of the horrible, addictive drug. All you need to do is donate $39.99 per day for a 3 year plan. I can get through this. But, only if you believe in me. So please, please donate for a good cause. 

Reply #14 Posted: August 22, 2014, 04:26:44 pm
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK

Offline nichwilde

• I Posted!
  • nichwilde has no influence.
I think it'd be way more rewarding to have regulars getting access to better/cheaper skins on the shop or bonus shop points. The whole thing is that the shop would be better than a 'title' espically considering I bitched to Kayne so long asking for a title rank

Reply #15 Posted: August 22, 2014, 11:12:28 pm

• Just settled in
SM system?" What is that?

Reply #16 Posted: August 23, 2014, 12:34:55 am

Offline Kayne

• Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!

To the average player, nothing you really need to know about.

SM is the "admin plugin" that getsome uses with all the source games, it's a pretty common admin plugin that most servers use for their games. It's what allows admins to say !kick !ban !gag, etc etc..

Now ULX is the "best" admin plugin for garrys mod, because it was designed for garrys mod, whether or not the best of its use is for sandbox, it's what has been set up for the TTT server. Running alongside ULX is the damage log / report system that we have so that we can do our job's that little bit better. We want to integrate to SM system because it would mean global bans, i.e, If someone is being a cockmunch on TF2, then decides to try be a cock munch on TTT, they'll find their 3 month ban of "cockmunch" on TF2 will prevent them from getting on the TTT server as well. It will also mean that bans.getsome.co.nz (I don't know if that's the exact link) will show all the TTT bans, meaning a bit better management for things like ban appeals, complaints...

Another bonus is that it's going to A) Keep getsome servers cleaner, and B) it allows us to ride the rep of GetSome having the best TF2 trade servers in NZ / Aus. When people realise that being a dickhead on TTT means a possible ban from other servers, they may think twice.

Or not, They're usually just pent up on rdm'ing.

Now I could be wrong about all-of-that, so someone can correct me if they want, but i'm decently sure that is the case.

Reply #17 Posted: August 23, 2014, 02:25:21 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.

To the average player, nothing you really need to know about.

SM is the "admin plugin" that getsome uses with all the source games, it's a pretty common admin plugin that most servers use for their games. It's what allows admins to say !kick !ban !gag, etc etc..

Now ULX is the "best" admin plugin for garrys mod, because it was designed for garrys mod, whether or not the best of its use is for sandbox, it's what has been set up for the TTT server. Running alongside ULX is the damage log / report system that we have so that we can do our job's that little bit better. We want to integrate to SM system because it would mean global bans, i.e, If someone is being a cockmunch on TF2, then decides to try be a cock munch on TTT, they'll find their 3 month ban of "cockmunch" on TF2 will prevent them from getting on the TTT server as well. It will also mean that bans.getsome.co.nz (I don't know if that's the exact link) will show all the TTT bans, meaning a bit better management for things like ban appeals, complaints...

Another bonus is that it's going to A) Keep getsome servers cleaner, and B) it allows us to ride the rep of GetSome having the best TF2 trade servers in NZ / Aus. When people realise that being a dickhead on TTT means a possible ban from other servers, they may think twice.

Or not, They're usually just pent up on rdm'ing.

Now I could be wrong about all-of-that, so someone can correct me if they want, but i'm decently sure that is the case.
"being a cockmunch" Thats you `Kayne, you didn't give me my moist rank >:(
But in all seriousness having this plugin makes life for staff so much easier. Trust me on this one

Reply #18 Posted: August 23, 2014, 10:02:13 am

• Just settled in
Oh okay, that's actually pretty good.

Reply #19 Posted: August 23, 2014, 01:06:48 pm

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.
I was actually thinking about the text hat....
That is a Perk in the GetSome point shop (Which is currently down) that text hat is worth 3000 points if I remember.
How about we make a pluggin along the lines of that.... So you could save all your points to buy a 'Title' of your customization.
which would then change it from 'Guest' to what you want.
I think if my Idea would actually work and or get accepted. The points to buy this item would be incredibly high. (100k range)

Just a suggestion.

Reply #20 Posted: August 25, 2014, 04:40:20 pm

Offline John Soap

• Just settled in

I think if my Idea would actually work and or get accepted.

What, dis make no sense.

But that would be cool idea though, but then you would have the trouble of people putting "Admin" and "Manager", so it does have a down side unfortunately.

Reply #21 Posted: August 25, 2014, 04:52:54 pm
Hi!

Ily

Offline Ser_Jesse

• I Posted!
  • Ser_Jesse has no influence.

I think if my Idea would actually work and or get accepted.

What, dis make no sense.

But that would be cool idea though, but then you would have the trouble of people putting "Admin" and "Manager", so it does have a down side unfortunately.

You can block/disable them names being chosen and same with anything related like helper and stuff.

Reply #22 Posted: August 28, 2014, 06:22:57 pm

Offline QG | UnicornGaming

• I Posted!
  • QG | UnicornGaming is looked down upon.

Shots fired.
Spoiler :

What is this shit neon sparkles have you been stalking seniors

Reply #23 Posted: October 16, 2014, 08:18:52 am

Offline Matrixuniverses

• Just settled in
  • Matrixuniverses has no influence.

Shots fired.
Spoiler :

What is this shit neon sparkles have you been stalking seniors

She has been stalking us. I do however, want to know how she got those pictures.
Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:26:15 am by Matrixuniverses

Reply #24 Posted: October 16, 2014, 11:13:58 am