Topic: What grinds your gears?

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Exterior is buggered.

Has cracks and in some places greenery growing from it halfway up.

Water would run down the front and then come back in the window frames because the roof is flat and nothing on the edge of the roof to guide the water away from just running directly down the front. How'd he fix this? Have the roofer seal the gaps with filler, locking in the moisture, clever move...

Interior is just as stuffed. Black mould would collect on the wallpaper, if you touched it and smelled your hand it'd smell like you just stroked a wet dog that rolled in its own shit. Cracks in the roof that have actually sagged, we had resigned ourselves to coming back to a house that had a collapsed roof after a huge deluge soon after we moved in.

Water stains on wallpaper that got in through the shitty roof:

Black mould build up on the curtains:

One of the roof leaks. This is also sagging quite a bit:

And how most of the window frames were. This is in the bathroom so you can imagine that the entire frame has probably rotted from the inside out:

Reply #1075 Posted: January 23, 2016, 12:19:14 am

Offline Pitchey

• Addicted
  • Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!Pitchey has great potential!
Have expressed an interest and asked for Builders Report so lets see what he does.

Reply #1076 Posted: January 23, 2016, 11:04:34 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Price by negotiation? Give 'm  a fiddy for the land. House is worthless.

Reply #1077 Posted: January 23, 2016, 07:41:32 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
I wouldn't care if the guy was a little more transparent and was just trying to get rid of it for the land, but the plot is tiny as it had been subdivided recently and the description in the auction is just pure bullshit. He's trying to pull a fast one.

Reply #1078 Posted: January 24, 2016, 02:33:54 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Over the air updates that 1) Don't announce their volatility 2) brick your phone 3) erase all your data while it's at it.

Reply #1079 Posted: January 24, 2016, 10:44:31 pm

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Over the air updates that 1) Don't announce their volatility 2) brick your phone 3) erase all your data while it's at it.

It's a security feature.

Reply #1080 Posted: January 25, 2016, 08:49:11 am

Offline Pyromanik

I thought I could still get all the data from recovery, since all the apps and their data dirs were still there. The phone didn't boot because of an incompatible install (API update that wasn't made obvious on update info). Fixed that via recovery... So now I've finally got a chance, I find that most of the dirs are devoid of info. fuckers. An update isn't supposed to wipe data.

Still got contacts. SMS eventually imports (took a couple of days for some fucked up reason). But everything else is goneburger.
Thankfully all photos stored on external flash.
Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 03:09:59 pm by Pyromanik

Reply #1081 Posted: January 25, 2016, 03:02:29 pm

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
You have data on your phone?

All mine is in the cloud. I thought this was normal.

Reply #1082 Posted: January 25, 2016, 03:59:38 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Just don't do a cry-baby and complain that someone hacked the cloud and stole all your dick-pic shots.

Reply #1083 Posted: January 25, 2016, 05:12:05 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
You have data on your phone?

All mine is in the cloud. I thought this was normal.

Yea same. Been burned before with damaged phones no longer booting, and making it impossible to recover data.

Reply #1084 Posted: January 25, 2016, 07:43:24 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Not everything goes into the cloud.

Also, drivers from a vendor coming unsigned. Morons.

Reply #1085 Posted: January 25, 2016, 09:58:51 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Don't keep important shit on your phone.

I carry a physical contact book with me at all times, I also print out important emails.

Reply #1086 Posted: January 25, 2016, 10:07:35 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Just don't do a cry-baby and complain that someone hacked the cloud and stole all your dick-pic shots.

Don't need to steal them, I give them away.

I also print out important emails.

Then fax them.
Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:28:47 am by Apostrophe Spacemonkey

Reply #1087 Posted: January 26, 2016, 09:25:48 am

Offline Pyromanik

Don't keep important shit on your phone.

I carry a physical contact book with me at all times, I also print out important emails.

None of it was important. But I still lament it's loss.

I could have had some kind of backup service I guess (custom rom caveat emptor), but it's more a cry at shit OTA updates. Apparently if I'd had a different recovery installed it MIGHT have been ok. An in any case the last thing I'd have expected it to do is wipe all the stored info from apps that weren't contacts or sms. Maybe stop reading old version DB's or whatever, or fail to run because of some outdated API call, but not flat out remove the data (and only the data, apps all fine) from disk. Weird as fuck. But what's done is done :<

Reply #1088 Posted: January 26, 2016, 05:37:56 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Then fax them.

Had an incompentent head of IT boss couldn't even operate the photocopier, and faxed shit to himself.

Reply #1089 Posted: January 26, 2016, 05:41:47 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Windows update sucks a fat wad.

Reply #1090 Posted: January 28, 2016, 11:21:23 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

The Windows 10 update system is now a fucking joke.

I have to dig through the god damn HDD to find it to begin with, and when you find it, it over simplifies what the hell is going on.

Reply #1091 Posted: January 28, 2016, 11:44:09 am

I have to dig through the god damn HDD to find it to begin with,

I don't understand this.

Reply #1092 Posted: January 28, 2016, 12:04:52 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Windows 7 updated itself to a point where it can no longer check for updates.

And of course being windows update, it takes like 20 sequential runs to actually update a machine, it can't do it all at once.

So now I've a half updated system with a broken update mechanism. And the microsoft methods of fixing this (for which there are more than FIVE) all result in ... the same state.

I managed to manually install the patch I needed to get the G15 drivers working though, so that's ok. Motherfucker can stay broken. Every time I run it it bleeds the system of RAM until the entire thing grinds to a hault.

Fuck windows.

Reply #1093 Posted: January 28, 2016, 01:25:54 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
I have to dig through the god damn HDD to find it to begin with,

I don't understand this.

+

Reply #1094 Posted: January 28, 2016, 01:36:27 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Windows 7 updated itself to a point where it can no longer check for updates.

And of course being windows update, it takes like 20 sequential runs to actually update a machine, it can't do it all at once.

So now I've a half updated system with a broken update mechanism. And the microsoft methods of fixing this (for which there are more than FIVE) all result in ... the same state.

I managed to manually install the patch I needed to get the G15 drivers working though, so that's ok. Motherfucker can stay broken. Every time I run it it bleeds the system of RAM until the entire thing grinds to a hault.

Fuck windows.

try the latest fast ring windows 10 build.. games broken because you cant switch between windows and fullscreen mode which pretty much all games do at launcg, drivers and video stuff keep uninstalling and forgettign they even existed,  fun times.

Reply #1095 Posted: January 28, 2016, 02:08:12 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Windows > 7 = NOPE

Time for MS to port office to *nix

Reply #1096 Posted: January 28, 2016, 02:21:06 pm

Windows > 7 = NOPE

Time for MS to port office to *nix

Just upgrade already.

Windows 10 is great.

Reply #1097 Posted: January 28, 2016, 02:30:33 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I'm with the monkey.

Windows 10 is great, and stable if you stick to the mainstream releases.

The broken one xssanz is talking about is the fast ring of the insider program (basically it's an Alpha version)

The release cycle looks something like this:
MS build test group  -> MS Systems Group -> MS internal (everyone) -> Windows Insiders (Fast Ring) -> Windows Insiders (slow Ring) -> Current Branch -> Current Branch for Business -> Long Term Servicing Branch

The slowest two (CBB and LTSB) are only available to business/enterprise customers, CB is "normal" windows 10, WI(SR) is "public beta" and WI(FR) is "public alpha".

Reply #1098 Posted: January 28, 2016, 02:40:10 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
I should dust off my computer at home and upgrade it to windows 10...

but effort...

Reply #1099 Posted: January 28, 2016, 06:11:59 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol