Topic: Counter Strike: Source Server Rulset

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
GetSome's Counter-Strike: Source Ruleset

By playing on GetSome's servers you agree to abide by and adhere to  the following rules and any rules imposed by administrators or owners of  GetSome. The rule list is open to discussion by creating a new  thread in the Counter-Strike: Source discussion forum.

Behaviour and etiquette

* Do NOT use racist, sexist or otherwise offensive comments, names or  words in any context to any person. This includes excessive profanity.  [1]
* Do NOT abuse or harass administrators or other players.
* Do NOT go away from your keyboard for an excessive amount of time without dropping out of the game.
* Do NOT argue the rules with administrators. They will be happy  to explain the rules but beyond that you are not allowed to create drama  in the servers debating the rules.
* Do NOT asked to be unbanned in game or on Steam. This applies to players and friends of players. Use the bans and complaints forum for this.
* Admins word is FINAL. If you have a complaint you are encouraged to visit the bans and complaints forum and include useful information such as:
 - The admin in question (if known).
 - The incident including a detailed follow up towards the event.
 - Anything else you think is relevant.

Cheating rules

* Do NOT use any program or software that gives you an unfair advantage in the game.
* Do NOT use any cheating program or 'hacks' under any circumstance.
* Do NOT use any materials that can act as wallhacks or are transparent.
* Do NOT abuse any glitch/bug in the game that gives you unfair  advantages. Bunnyhopping is allowed but no scripts/programs that do it  for you.
* Do NOT screen-cheat, ghost, use programs or have any method of knowing  where the enemy team is unless it is by seeing them, having your team  tell you where they are or by use of radar.
* Do NOT modify your network settings in the console to give you an  unfair advantage or an unstable connection. This includes setting  cl_updaterate to a low number while the rest of your rates are normal.
* Do NOT change your name to the locations of where enemy players are.  Only exception to this rule is if the player is glitching in which case  please contact an administrator and record a demo.

Gameplay rules

* Do NOT excessively camp and ignore objectives. If the hostages are  inside you must go inside to rescue them. Heading away from the hostages  or not making a decent attempt at entering and rescue the hostages will  be met with swift action from adminsitrators.
* Do NOT spam grenades by flooding an area with grenades (includes all types of grenades).
* Do NOT throw flash grenades to flash teammates on purpose.
* Do NOT glitch, abuse map mechanics (i.e. seeing through objects) or exploit the map in any way or form. [2]
* Do NOT abuse your microphone abilities. This includes playing music,  having unrelated discussions throughout the round or bullying other  players. [3]
* Do NOT skywalk. This is walking on the top of the map where there is no floor.
* Do NOT flashboost. This is using another player's flashbang as a boost for movement.
* Do NOT spam radio commands.
* Do NOT play with a ping higher than 200.
* Do NOT execute hostages.
* Do NOT retry to play the same round twice.
* Do NOT block or impede movements of your team.
* Do NOT modify your rates, interp or any other network settings UNLESS  you know what you are doing. Default rates should be 25k/67/67 unless  you are capped or on slow internet connections in which it should be  10k/33/33. [4]

Counter-Terrorist rules

As a Counter-Terrorist your objective is to defuse the bomb or rescue  hostages. This is your goal, your objective and must be followed when  playing on GetSome servers.

* ALWAYS try to rescue the hostages or eliminate terrorists. [5]
* Do NOT camp anywhere outside the warehouse.
* Do NOT camp the upper vents of the warehouse on CS_Assault. This is  extremely annoying and violates multiple rules and will be met with more  severe action.
* Do NOT camp outside roller on CS_Assault. The Terrorists' goal is to stop you from coming in, not to come out and hunt you.

Terrorist rules

As a Terrorist your objective is to plant the bomb or stop the  Counter-Terrorists from rescuing the hostages. This is your goal, your  objective and must be followed when playing on GetSome servers.

* ALWAYS stop Counter-Terrorists rescuing the hostages.
* Do NOT camp the upper vents excessively. [6]
* Do NOT run off and hide if the Counter-Terrorists are rescuing the hostages.
* Do NOT excessively camp the hostages. You may do so if you're  retreating near the end of the round but do not sit there for long  periods of time before this.

Footnotes
    [*]Players  are allowed to swear in game as this is an R16+ game classified by NZ  law, however once this swearing becomes abusive towards players or  administrators it is a violation of the 'no abusing players' rule.
    [*]A  list of 'glitch' locations can be found here
    [*]You  may use your microphone but keep it civilised. Do not in any case use  it to be racist or such to other people.
    [*]Don't mess with these options  unless you are told to by an administrator. If you want a detailed  listing on how rates work visit this page
    [*]Don't  camp. It just annoys EVERYONE else. Your team for you not helping, the  enemy for them not being able to play the game and the dead for having  to wait.
    [*]Basically don't do it every round or more than two in a  row.
    [/list]

FAQ

What do I do if I see a player breaking the rules?
    * Record a demo and post it in the complaints forum OR ban submissions forum if it's cheating related. Read the stickies and follow the normal procedures. Click this if you don't know how to record a demo.
    * Contact an admin. In game prefix your message with the "@" symbol so  if you want to tell an admin "playerx is glitching!" open up all chat  (press y) and type "@ playerx is glitching!". See below for admin list  link.

What do I do if I am banned?
    Wait out the ban. However, if you feel you are wrongly banned please post in the bans and complaints forum and include:
    - Why you were banned (see below for ban list)
    - When you were banned (server time).
    - Who banned you (if known).
    - Why you think you should be unbanned.

What is the IP of the Counter-Strike: Source server?
    203.97.27.201:27018
    Type 'connect 203.97.27.201:27018' (without the ' ') in the console to connect.

What should my rates be at?
    Rates determine bullet registration and compensation for lag. So while  on my screen you may be standing in front of a door, due to lag and the  fact the game is online, on you screen you're already out of the way. By  using higher rates you ensure a more accurate compensation for the lag.  Situations when you can tell there's a problem with rates/rego are when  you shoot someone and there is blood on them / a bullet hole behind  where they are standing but took no damage.

Ideal rates for people with faster internet connections (i.e. at least 512kbps cable or DSL variants) should be:
    'rate 25000', 'cl_cmrate 67', 'cl_updaterate 67' and cl_interp should be set to whatever your ping is.
    (Type ping in console to find out the real ping). E.g. if I have a 50ms  ping my cl_interp will be "0.05", if it's 100ms it'd be "0.1" and so on.  Unless you are on a slow connection 'cl_interp_ratio' should be set to  '1'.
    If you are capped or on dialup your ideal rates at 'rate 10000',  'cl_cmdrate 33', 'cl_updaterate 33' and leave cl_interp as it's default  value. All commands (rate, cl_cmdrate, etc) are entered separately in  the console, one at a time.

Useful links
    * Ban list
    * Bans and complaints forum
    * Ban submission forum
    * Admin list
    * Counter-Strike: Source discussion forum

Changelog
    v1.0.0 - 31/7/10 (Published first draft).
    v1.0.1 - 1/8/10 (Added rule regarding Terrorists camping hostages.)
    v1.0.2 - 1/8/10 (Removed rule regarding language restrictions).
    v1.0.3 - 3/8/10 (Added FAQ answer regarding rates).
    v1.0.4 - 10/09/10 (Minor clarifications regarding rates).

Posted: July 30, 2011, 10:33:33 am
    <a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol