Topic: Cricket Thread

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
this is interesting. extremely interesting. half a day left and we start our final innings

~5 an over, 41 remaining

Reply #100 Posted: December 15, 2009, 03:50:01 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline peter_panzer

• Just settled in
  • peter_panzer has no influence.
yea i would love to be watching it but looks like that sky network live streaming on the last day is for NZ only i can no longer view it pricks i sent them the bitchiest email

Reply #101 Posted: December 15, 2009, 04:27:17 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Picked a good day to knock off early.Beers and Cricket ohhhhh yeah!:rnr:

Reply #102 Posted: December 15, 2009, 04:42:57 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
looks like we finally have a set of decent test openers. he's doing well

Reply #103 Posted: December 15, 2009, 05:22:47 pm

Offline peter_panzer

• Just settled in
  • peter_panzer has no influence.
bloody rain

Reply #104 Posted: December 15, 2009, 07:51:57 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Turned out a good test apart from the rain.

Makes a change to say that about the black caps.

Reply #105 Posted: December 15, 2009, 08:10:47 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
^

It was a fairly classic test match and I'm just happy that we seem to have found a solid opening pair.  If it wasn't for the weather interference would have been a thrilling finish :(

Reply #106 Posted: December 16, 2009, 01:31:27 am

Offline Speakman

Windies - Aussie game is getting interesting.

Lunch On Day 4 - Aussie 520/7 declared, windies responded 312, aussies batted again for 150, now the windies have a run chase.

1 day and 2 sessions left, they are chasing, 291 runs to win, 7 wickets in hand. should be good, but they have already lost Gayle...

Reply #107 Posted: December 19, 2009, 06:08:04 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Don't put the Jonty hex on them!  lol

Reply #108 Posted: December 19, 2009, 06:45:04 pm

Offline Speakman

havent chosen who i'm cheering for, so its fine haha

Reply #109 Posted: December 19, 2009, 06:48:07 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
wadda ya mean.

One team is Australia. I hope they get thrashed.

Reply #110 Posted: December 19, 2009, 08:14:44 pm

Offline Speakman

all i can say is jesus christ, very interesting

Reply #111 Posted: December 19, 2009, 11:24:43 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
200 years of convicts breeding convicts and the useless cunts are even cheating using technology. No wonder everyone hates them so much. :cussing:

Reply #112 Posted: December 20, 2009, 03:47:00 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Speakman

oh god i lol'd. i take it you saw it? i only read it, and i was angry

Bollinger to Roach, OUT, high drama! Australia have appealed for a caught behind and Roach has been given, he wants a review, it's so marginal, can't really tell if he nicked it or not, replays aren't conclusive and in such cases I think the on-field decision should stay, Roach fended at the ball off the back foot as it angled across him ... the Australians were extremely confident ... Hot Spot shows nothing much ... the wait is long and tense ... and he's been given ... fair call too since there was no evidence either way

Reply #113 Posted: December 20, 2009, 03:48:24 pm

Offline TofuEater

"There was no evidence either way". What a bunch of bollocks. There was nothing on the hotspot - not even the faintest of edges. The TV replay showed that the ball had gone past the bat before there was any appearance that it was "hitting". There was absolutely NO deviation of the ball on its axis as it went through. The batsman appealed immediately, because he KNEW he hadn't hit it.

In fact the only two people who thought he'd hit it were Billy "Blind Pew" Bowden and the Australian umpire who wanted to get an early flight out of Perth. It was the worst decision in cricket since Martin Snedden's disallowed catch in the "underarm" game.

Reply #114 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:19:36 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: TofuEater;1039713
In fact the only two people who thought he'd hit it were Billy "Blind Pew" Bowden and the Australian umpire who wanted to get an early flight out of Perth. It was the worst decision in cricket since Martin Snedden's disallowed catch in the "underarm" game.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4856/dinosaursgraveyard80629.jpg
Cricket Thread

Reply #115 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:23:00 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Caught behinds that rely on noise only, are pretty suspect imo.

Although he may have hit it, if the crowd noise was loud enough, he would never have been given.

Says it all really.

Reply #116 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:32:19 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: Zarkov;1039719
Caught behinds that rely on noise only, are pretty suspect imo.

Although he may have hit it, if the crowd noise was loud enough, he would never have been given.

Says it all really.

That's a first, a Kiwi not jumping on the Australia's a bunch of cheating tossers bandwagon.

Reply #117 Posted: December 20, 2009, 04:38:28 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1039725
Australia's a bunch of cheating tossers .

I spy a new Sig :sly:

Reply #118 Posted: December 20, 2009, 05:31:52 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
What about Bollinger claiming that catch when he grounded it.

You can't tell me he didn't have an inkling that it might have touched the ground first.

Then for the commentators to say he wouldn't have known, what a load of bollocks

Reply #119 Posted: December 21, 2009, 06:58:16 am

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
I sometimes wonder about those replays. There's so many times where the player claims the catch but the replay looks as though the ball hit the ground first. I took a catch like that a few games ago, where I knew I caught it because I got my fingers under the ball and I felt it land on them, but it would've been interesting to see what a replay would've shown.

Reply #120 Posted: December 21, 2009, 12:16:08 pm

Offline TofuEater

IIRC, you're Australian. The replays would have showed it bounced three feet in front of you.

Reply #121 Posted: December 21, 2009, 01:10:39 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: runing;1039940
What about Bollinger claiming that catch when he grounded it.

You can't tell me he didn't have an inkling that it might have touched the ground first.

Then for the commentators to say he wouldn't have known, what a load of bollocks

Quote from: TofuEater;1040066
IIRC, you're Australian. The replays would have showed it bounced three feet in front of you.

Lol, this happens in every sport, and not just when Aussies are involved, there will always be times when a team will 'lie' to get the advantage, such as diving in soccer.

Reply #122 Posted: December 21, 2009, 02:24:56 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Quote from: TofuEater;1040066

Oh shit, you were at the game?

Reply #123 Posted: December 21, 2009, 03:07:39 pm

Offline TofuEater

I was the batsman. :P

Reply #124 Posted: December 21, 2009, 03:18:36 pm