Topic: Cricket Thread

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I think a big gust of wind just blew straight over the top of Scunner's head. :P

Reply #125 Posted: December 21, 2009, 03:49:14 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Quote from: Spork;1040124
Lol, this happens in every sport, and not just when Aussies are involved, there will always be times when a team will 'lie' to get the advantage, such as diving in soccer.

How come when the Aussies play cricket there is always some alteration with the other team. When you watch them they are always sledging the other players and being overly aggressive.

This win at all costs mentality they have is to the detriment of the game and by golly it is just not cricket

Reply #126 Posted: December 21, 2009, 04:55:25 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
What I don't understand, is why the Aussie public doesn't realize how gay their cricket team has become.

They get some poor tail-ender out and you'd think it was a convention in a sauna.

Just because they've got clothes on, doesn't make that sort of thing ok on a sports field.

Reply #127 Posted: December 21, 2009, 05:03:52 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
....I reckon, when it comes to congratulating one of your team mates, there's simply no better way of doing it than with the traditional Australian hug, or a kiss, or a lick, a grope on the arse, or a bit of a dry root... it's still the most appropriate way i think of showing ones exuberance and excitement, and is certainly the most masculine and manly way of going about it....

Reply #128 Posted: December 21, 2009, 05:18:20 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Haha.

The Aussie netball team put them to shame.

In netball you win the game, then celebrate.

Sharelle McMahon is way more scary than any of the Aussie bowlers.

Reply #129 Posted: December 21, 2009, 05:42:54 pm

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
Quote from: Zarkov;1040239
Sharelle McMahon is way more scary than any of the Aussie bowlers.

Quoted for truth.

Reply #130 Posted: December 22, 2009, 01:52:43 am

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
I see today that Shane Bond has retired from test cricket.

The cynic in me says that it's not like he actually played much of it, and the even more cynical part wodners if this wasn't his intention all along. Play just enough to get noticed by the guys at the IPL and then return to just doing 20/20 and ODI's.

Reply #131 Posted: December 23, 2009, 05:14:53 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
Im hoping oram follows suit

but i want him to retire from all cricket.

Had to laugh at a report that the slack caps were complaining about not getting paid as much as the australian team

Win consistently and stop acting like little bitches and maybe you'll get some cash

Reply #132 Posted: December 23, 2009, 05:27:23 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Shame to see the Aussie top order not going on to the ton ;)

Katich must be spewing, what's that 4-5 in the 90's this summer, bloody crying shame.

Spoiler :
They are a good side you Aussie nippers

Reply #133 Posted: December 26, 2009, 07:29:30 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Such a shame that I haven't stopped laughing at the run out or the poor cut shot TBH.

Lol at the com team as usual.
"He deserved a hundred". No he didn't.He played a poor cut shot on 98 and got out.

Reply #134 Posted: December 26, 2009, 07:34:57 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
So, Watson for the first Aussie hundred for the summer, after about 21 50s?

I think it's good to watch the last sessions of day the day on TV. Mostly the commentators are Healy, Taylor, Slator, Warne (at least for this Test) and the Pom, Nicolas and they are pretty entertaining together. They have a bit of a laugh during the game.

Reply #135 Posted: December 29, 2009, 12:07:05 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
2nd Test.Aussies in trouble 3/14  Hughes,Ponting Ducks and Watson out for 6. Mohammad Sami destroying 3/5 off 5.

Reply #136 Posted: January 03, 2010, 04:48:12 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
they must be playing like nubs. just lost another one, at 36/4

Reply #137 Posted: January 03, 2010, 05:33:12 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
lol, just had a group of aussies in at work, they saw i was watching the score and asked how they were doing. i laughed, they weren't happy. right after they lost 2 wickets in a row

Reply #138 Posted: January 03, 2010, 06:00:19 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
I laughed when I saw the score on the news. To be bowled out by Pakistan for 127 is just funny.

It did look like it was a bowlers pitch, so good call there at the toss Ponting.

Reply #139 Posted: January 04, 2010, 12:24:14 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
Aussies  are getting a pounding.51 ahead with 2 wickets in hand.Commentators are still backing Pontings decision to bat first :chuckle:

I can hear Bill Lawry now "Australia are still in this if they can pick up a few quick wickets" Lol

Reply #140 Posted: January 06, 2010, 08:21:36 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
^^ Above post may come back to haunt me

Reply #141 Posted: January 06, 2010, 02:43:02 pm

Offline Speakman

haha, its not me this time. yuuss

Reply #142 Posted: January 06, 2010, 02:44:02 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Can't believe the Aussies have got back into this match.

Pakistan wicketkeeper needs a bomb under him.

Reply #143 Posted: January 06, 2010, 03:24:44 pm

Offline Speakman

aussie just dropped the last two less than an over apart. pakistan need 175

Reply #144 Posted: January 06, 2010, 03:38:05 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
176 to win.Should be interesting.

Reply #145 Posted: January 06, 2010, 03:40:05 pm

Offline Speakman

if i had money, i'd head off to the pub to watch the rest of today. will be a very interesting chase, i wonder what their strategy will be. take the risk of quick runs, or slow and steady

Reply #146 Posted: January 06, 2010, 03:43:41 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Getting drunk @ regional 20/20 this weekend:rnr:

Reply #147 Posted: January 06, 2010, 05:24:39 pm

Offline Speakman

anyone know a site streaming the current match?

Reply #148 Posted: January 06, 2010, 05:56:59 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: JontyB;1046229
anyone know a site streaming the current match?

http://www.justin.tv/yahoo12345

Reply #149 Posted: January 06, 2010, 06:58:34 pm