Topic: GetSome's Future.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
At least we'll never have to worry about inactivity with Tiwa relevantly Necro'ing every thread ;)

We love him for it.
He's pretty much how I get my world news.
As long as you are not getting your news from Fox News, then you should be okay
Fox News suggests Birmingham, UK is a place non Muslims 'do

It's impossible to get news from Fox even if you wanted to.
The name of the channel is an oxymoron.

FoxOutrageousShitWeMadeUp would be a better name. It's like satire... only not :<

Reply #125 Posted: January 27, 2015, 08:22:20 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Fox exaggerates as always but Birmingham is only 57.9% "White" vs 85.4% across England or 87.1% across the UK, so you can see why some people view it as a Muslim city. (2011 Census via Wikipedia)

Reply #126 Posted: January 27, 2015, 08:36:28 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Possibly any boxers on you are a thong.

Reply #127 Posted: January 29, 2015, 09:06:31 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!

Or they are just boxers and you are fantasizing

Reply #128 Posted: January 30, 2015, 10:32:35 am
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #129 Posted: January 30, 2015, 11:39:04 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I like your new look Retardo

Did you do something with your hair?

Reply #130 Posted: January 30, 2015, 12:58:51 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

All that gym work has made you grow boobs, you looks smashing.

Reply #131 Posted: January 30, 2015, 08:49:08 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Fox exaggerates as always but Birmingham is only 57.9% "White" vs 85.4% across England or 87.1% across the UK, so you can see why some people view it as a Muslim city. (2011 Census via Wikipedia)

Well it's %20 Muslim so no I can't see why people view it as a Muslim City.

Reply #132 Posted: January 30, 2015, 08:54:54 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Yes I am reviving an otherwise dead thread but is there any update on some of the serious ideas discussed within the thread?

Reply #133 Posted: October 20, 2015, 11:54:21 pm

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Well here is my poor attempt at an answer.

I had a trawl through some of the ideas in the thread and some of the things i had said we were doing.

1. Servers got an upgrade, and we got more of them
2. We have been adding more games and mods of games etc. ie : ARK, Rust, even paid for a BF4 community server since that ship sailed and we never got one
3. We still to this day haven't had anymore contact from the people about DayZ server hosting.

Problem i have at the moment is thinking back the past 24 months, there are next to no games which have come out with community servers in mind, excluding ARK.

Im certain others have, and we have tried them, but they just don't fill up.

Perfect example, there is a IRC/Unity CS:GO pug system, and they asked if we could host a server for them for NZ players, as they were moaning about playing vs. Aussies in Aus only.

We setup a server, gave them remote access to manage it, and 99.999999% of the time, one person would queue for the nz server, decide he couldn't be bothered waiting, and jumped into the Aus match.

So NZ wanted something, then got it, then decided they didn't want to wait for the queue and dropped it like a hot potato.

Same thing happened with BattleRoyale, we setup two servers for that on release, and it was popular, until they opened up more US servers, so we stopped getting the overflow, and again, people didn't want to wait for the oceanic servers, and jumped into a full server.

TF2 is literally the only game at the moment where us having a server is drawing people. There just isn't 'That one game' released yet we can use to draw more people.

Open for ideas, but Gutty would be the best one to confirm what ive said, ive had him monkey around adding servers left and right only to have them get boring and be deleted.

Reply #134 Posted: October 21, 2015, 09:17:58 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Yes I am reviving an otherwise dead thread but is there any update on some of the serious ideas discussed within the thread?

Did you just go Back to the Getsome Future?

Reply #135 Posted: October 21, 2015, 09:18:13 am

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
Was watching Battlefront reviews last night thinking to myself "Social shooters are dead".

Reply #136 Posted: October 21, 2015, 09:45:05 am

lol @ console hate

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator
  • DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!DarkVirus is awe-inspiring!
Was watching Battlefront reviews last night thinking to myself "Social shooters are dead".

Its been coming for a while, ever since TF2 and CSGO implemented quickplay as their mode of choice it literally guides players to not join a specific server, but instead just land on any server which meets their game mode requirements.

So you play a few rounds, call someone a hacker and a gaylord, then quit and hit quickplay again.

Reply #137 Posted: October 21, 2015, 10:19:17 am
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Tf2 is only just holding its ground.  But thats due to more under 15's playing it.

I put up csgo servers to fill the void we should of had. They don't get used much.
Bfbc2 servers are up and down like a yoyo.

Ark is getting more numbers. But we have dsync issues that we are working on. Possibly hard drive or bandwidth issue.

Theres more survival games coming out all the time but shooters have kinda dropped off.

Well here is my poor attempt at an answer.

I had a trawl through some of the ideas in the thread and some of the things i had said we were doing.

1. Servers got an upgrade, and we got more of them
2. We have been adding more games and mods of games etc. ie : ARK, Rust, even paid for a BF4 community server since that ship sailed and we never got one
3. We still to this day haven't had anymore contact from the people about DayZ server hosting.

Problem i have at the moment is thinking back the past 24 months, there are next to no games which have come out with community servers in mind, excluding ARK.

Im certain others have, and we have tried them, but they just don't fill up.

Perfect example, there is a IRC/Unity CS:GO pug system, and they asked if we could host a server for them for NZ players, as they were moaning about playing vs. Aussies in Aus only.

We setup a server, gave them remote access to manage it, and 99.999999% of the time, one person would queue for the nz server, decide he couldn't be bothered waiting, and jumped into the Aus match.

So NZ wanted something, then got it, then decided they didn't want to wait for the queue and dropped it like a hot potato.

Same thing happened with BattleRoyale, we setup two servers for that on release, and it was popular, until they opened up more US servers, so we stopped getting the overflow, and again, people didn't want to wait for the oceanic servers, and jumped into a full server.

TF2 is literally the only game at the moment where us having a server is drawing people. There just isn't 'That one game' released yet we can use to draw more people.

Open for ideas, but Gutty would be the best one to confirm what ive said, ive had him monkey around adding servers left and right only to have them get boring and be deleted.

Reply #138 Posted: October 21, 2015, 10:21:37 am

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
  • Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!Pigdog has great potential!
Ever thought about hosting or sponsoring any LAN's or gaming conventions? It would get our name out there and probably attract a few people to our servers and forums however that might break teh budget. Also what happened Vodafone and snap internet?

Reply #139 Posted: October 21, 2015, 11:38:28 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Its been coming for a while, ever since TF2 and CSGO implemented quickplay as their mode of choice it literally guides players to not join a specific server, but instead just land on any server which meets their game mode requirements.

So you play a few rounds, call someone a hacker and a gaylord, then quit and hit quickplay again.

Modern games can't carry communities under their own weight anymore, ever since... about CoD4.
So instead they band the comminity as a whole, to count the entireity makes it seem better, more hype, more sales. Or something like that. IDK, I'm just making this shit up. But it sounds plausable.

The oldschool local community has been forsaken by publishers.

Reply #140 Posted: October 21, 2015, 11:42:03 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Ever thought about hosting or sponsoring any LAN's or gaming conventions? It would get our name out there and probably attract a few people to our servers and forums however that might break teh budget. Also what happened Vodafone and snap internet?

In a former life these forums were inexorably linked with NZ's biggest LAN event.. but LAN event's are not what they used to be in NZ.

Nothing happened to Vodafone and Snap.. 2 Degree brought Snap, nothing to do with Vodafone?

Reply #141 Posted: October 21, 2015, 11:45:25 am

Offline DarkVirus

• Administrator

Thought about it, still plans to do it i think, its just time to setup that kind of thing isnt something i have time for at the moment, and im sure the rest of us would say the same.

Reply #142 Posted: October 21, 2015, 12:52:25 pm
Praise be to RNGesus
Add me to Steam

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Fair enough, I havn't realy had time for gaming for about a year now.

Reply #143 Posted: October 21, 2015, 01:01:05 pm

Offline prolax

• Administrator
  • prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...
I've been working on something for the last 8-9 months, if you like local eSports you might be interested ;)

Reply #144 Posted: October 21, 2015, 03:24:24 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Ohhhhh you have my attention  :o anything else to say? Or is it wrapped up in confidentiality and awesomeness?

Reply #145 Posted: October 21, 2015, 03:28:29 pm

Offline prolax

• Administrator
  • prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...
Haha, nothing public yet - keeping it quite till it's ready.

I think it's awesome (and long over-due), but I'm a little biased ;)

Reply #146 Posted: October 21, 2015, 03:35:30 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
ETA?

Reply #147 Posted: October 21, 2015, 03:44:46 pm

Offline prolax

• Administrator
Very early 2016

Reply #148 Posted: October 21, 2015, 03:47:53 pm

Offline Pigdog

• Just settled in
Sounds good ;D

Reply #149 Posted: October 21, 2015, 03:57:51 pm