Topic: [BF4] Which map packs get the most use.

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I’ve just re-installed BF4 to give it another shot. I only had the first DLC so I bought Dragons Teeth because I figured that’s what  people will be playing. I need to sneak the rest of the map packs past the wife so what’s good? Should I get Naval Assault next? Is “Titan Mode” shit?

For the record I’ve been playing a bit of Bad Company 2 also, and geez that game has aged well. Still quite a few active servers to be found.

Posted: August 11, 2014, 11:23:45 am

lol @ console hate

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I’ve just re-installed BF4 to give it another shot. I only had the first DLC so I bought Dragons Teeth because I figured that’s what  people will be playing. I need to sneak the rest of the map packs past the wife so what’s good? Should I get Naval Assault next? Is “Titan Mode” shit?

For the record I’ve been playing a bit of Bad Company 2 also, and geez that game has aged well. Still quite a few active servers to be found.

Shoulda just got premium from a cd key site, prolly cost less than you paid for one expansion.

Yes "titan mode" was kinda shit.. cant move carriers, they are just static, and the flag caps shoot missiles at them until they get damaged enough to breach on foot, where you "plant mcoms"..

Long long way from the glory days of 2142., and I had such high hopes too.

Reply #1 Posted: August 11, 2014, 01:43:15 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Depends what you like, Dragon's Teeth is pretty urban.

Reply #2 Posted: August 11, 2014, 05:44:16 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I like populated servers. To be honest I've been loving the infantry focused gameplay.

Lias, I never though about code sites. kinda kicking myself after laying out twenty already.

Reply #3 Posted: August 11, 2014, 07:36:42 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
I pretty much live on the AUS 24/7 locker server, it's the new Metro in BF4, since they made the re-released metro gayer, with more flank routes etc.

I just wish BF4 was more like BC2.. I really want a map like Laguna Alta, where you can pin the enemy in their spawn, and rape them with an APC. BF4 in general is way too bluebie, fairfight kicks on trick jump spots, more annoying out of bound crap, no maps where you can actually sit in the enemy base and spawn camp. Op Locker is one of the few maps with good trick jump/mav ride spots on the cliffs.

Reply #4 Posted: August 12, 2014, 09:51:55 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Lias, I never though about code sites. kinda kicking myself after laying out twenty already.

Yeah it's running about 30 Euro atm, so under NZD$40 for premium.

Reply #5 Posted: August 12, 2014, 09:52:42 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
I pretty much live on the AUS 24/7 locker server, it's the new Metro in BF4, since they made the re-released metro gayer, with more flank routes etc.

I just wish BF4 was more like BC2.. I really want a map like Laguna Alta, where you can pin the enemy in their spawn, and rape them with an APC. BF4 in general is way too bluebie, fairfight kicks on trick jump spots, more annoying out of bound crap, no maps where you can actually sit in the enemy base and spawn camp. Op Locker is one of the few maps with good trick jump/mav ride spots on the cliffs.

Try flying - the Auto AA in the Base is probably the most retarded idea in the history of BF

Reply #6 Posted: August 12, 2014, 12:00:16 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Try flying - the Auto AA in the Base is probably the most retarded idea in the history of BF

On that note, I keep meaning to ask you to fly down to chch, so you can unlock the flying related assignments for me :-)

Reply #7 Posted: August 12, 2014, 02:00:46 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!

On that note, I keep meaning to ask you to fly down to chch, so you can unlock the flying related assignments for me :-)

which ones - I was watching a video about how to unlock the SUAV or whatever it was (the one where you have to go air superiority) and I loll'd 'most time you will see people with 1 or maybe 2 kills in an Air superiority round'

Reply #8 Posted: August 12, 2014, 03:22:55 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
which ones - I was watching a video about how to unlock the SUAV or whatever it was (the one where you have to go air superiority) and I loll'd 'most time you will see people with 1 or maybe 2 kills in an Air superiority round'

Yeah the UCAV, actually have the air superiority ribbon cos that only required being on the winning team... 3 Jet ribbons on the other hand :-P That and the "20 kills in a jet" for Phantom 2 lol

Reply #9 Posted: August 12, 2014, 04:57:19 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

Yeah the UCAV, actually have the air superiority ribbon cos that only required being on the winning team... 3 Jet ribbons on the other hand :-P That and the "20 kills in a jet" for Phantom 2 lol

1 Jump in Attack jet on 24/7 Parcel Storm
2 Shoot Attack boats
3 ?????
4 Profit

Reply #10 Posted: August 13, 2014, 10:52:06 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

The auto AA is only auto if you're Q-spotted over the base.

And being that BF4 players are the most retarded yet, you rarely get shot at by the auto AA.

Reply #11 Posted: August 14, 2014, 09:01:46 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

The auto AA is only auto if you're Q-spotted over the base.

And being that BF4 players are the most retarded yet, you rarely get shot at by the auto AA.

Its funny how they start to get a clue when you are going 20-0, and then the AA shreds you :(

Reply #12 Posted: August 15, 2014, 08:01:31 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator
On the subject of jets.. how the fuck do you slow them down? I've seen some guys fly them just about hovering.. yet its always super fast for me..

Reply #13 Posted: August 15, 2014, 09:47:54 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
On the subject of jets.. how the fuck do you slow them down? I've seen some guys fly them just about hovering.. yet its always super fast for me..

You use the brake?

the stealth jets though have a thing where they will gear down (like BF3) and will hover, but TBH I never hover the Jet, all about 310-315....

Reply #14 Posted: August 15, 2014, 10:27:24 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!

Hold S

Basically, I think the jets have 4 speeds

shift + W = afterburner fast
W = fast
nothing = normal
S = slow/stall/crash

Only conjecture though.

Reply #15 Posted: August 15, 2014, 11:24:20 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K