Topic: Steam-ing pile

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
  • Lazza has no influence.
Bought a bunch of new games to try. Tried installing Rage last night. turns out it's a Steam title. With DVD 2 in the drive I went out to walk the dog. I get home and DVD 3 and god only knows what else has been downloaded from Steam using 1/3rd of our monthly cap. It was still downloading (I don't know what) so I killed the installer.

So today I start installing another game, 1 DVD, what could possibly happen? And then...
Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:48:05 pm by Lazza

Posted: January 27, 2013, 03:44:56 pm
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
that's a pain to fix. Gotta have your receipt and send photos and stuff to steam to prove you own the game, I had to do it once took about a week to sort it out.

Reply #1 Posted: January 27, 2013, 04:08:06 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
ROFL. Eastern Europe. Where are you getting your DVD's from?

Reply #2 Posted: January 27, 2013, 09:33:07 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Lazza;1516130
Bought a bunch of new games to try. Tried installing Rage last night. turns out it's a Steam title. With DVD 2 in the drive I went out to walk the dog. I get home and DVD 3 and god only knows what else has been downloaded from Steam using 1/3rd of our monthly cap. It was still downloading (I don't know what) so I killed the installer.

So today I start installing another game, 1 DVD, what could possibly happen? And then...

Did you get it from Mighty Ape?

I bought Dead Island off them about.. 2 months back? Same problem, Didn't take as long as a week, I'll edit this post once I find out what you need to do, if you do it all in the first email, I'm sure it will be sorted out by monday / tuesday

Edit:

So I initally sent pictures of the CD Key itself, and they sent back this reply

Spoiler :
Hello Kayne,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

In order to investigate this issue, we must verify the purchase receipt and your ownership of the CD Key.

Please handwrite your Support Ticket Number ####-####-#### directly on the quick reference card or sticker above the CD Key (the number should not be written on a separate piece of paper or inserted with an image editor) and reply with a digital photo or scan of the CD Key and the receipt for your recent purchase. Please ensure that you submit a full-color image in .jpg format, rather than a photocopy.

If you have any difficulty locating the CD Key on the packaging, please see the following link:
http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Example scans:
http://support.steampowered.com/images/faq/2347-QDFN-4366/cdkey1.jpg
http://support.steampowered.com/images/faq/2347-QDFN-4366/cdkey2.jpg

We accept receipts issued within the last 90 days. Receipts from auction sites and used merchandise sellers will not be accepted.

After verifying your proof of ownership we will gladly assist you with this issue.

I sent back pictures of what they asked the same day, and game was on my account the next :)
Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:11:10 pm by `Kyane Reeves

Reply #3 Posted: January 27, 2013, 11:07:42 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
  • Lazza has no influence.
Quote from: `Kayne;1516162
Did you get it from Mighty Ape?

Why yes, I did lol. maybe they are importing cheap from Bulgaria these days?
Thx for the tips, will give it a go when i get around to it.

Reply #4 Posted: January 28, 2013, 12:07:53 am
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."