Topic: Cricket Thread

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
BTW, looking like another good game today.

Reply #950 Posted: January 25, 2014, 08:24:58 pm

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
Ryder out again for 19. How does he do it?

Reply #951 Posted: January 28, 2014, 06:51:33 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Run rate required just hit 6 an over (i.e. run a ball). Wiliamson's struggling, but still scoring, and Taylor is looking comfortable but not flash. Still plenty for time for us to fuck it all up, or India to bowl up a storm - worth the watch.

Reply #952 Posted: January 28, 2014, 08:09:03 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
GG NZ. GG.

Great game to watch. Great series. Now for 4:0.

Reply #953 Posted: January 28, 2014, 09:24:22 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Yep, cool calm and collected!

Reply #954 Posted: January 28, 2014, 09:26:33 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Gutty

• Administrator
  • Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!Gutty is leading the good life!
I cant believe they won the series

Reply #955 Posted: January 28, 2014, 09:44:20 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Was a good watch, that's for sure. McCullum with the quick runs, Taylor with the awesome consistency. That 100 was well deserved

Reply #956 Posted: January 28, 2014, 10:26:26 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
GRRRR, I was hoping that India would win this one.

It would make the game on Friday much more enjoyable. OH WELL, guess I'll just have to settle for free piss and the afternoon off.

Reply #957 Posted: January 28, 2014, 10:28:24 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
I cant believe they won the series

India aren't that great overseas, have an awful pace attack, and NZ are really underrated in ODIs given they have a powerful batting lineup on paper, and some great seamers. I think it was always our series to win. Only concern is bmaccas tendency to throw the ball to the 4th seamer (neesham or anderson) for the death, when it really should be southee.

Reply #958 Posted: January 28, 2014, 11:19:57 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
Its possibly because I had thursday and friday off and have been listening on the radio as I work outside, but I think that was one of the best tests I've watched/listened to.

GG Blackcaps!

Reply #959 Posted: February 09, 2014, 05:26:25 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Yea I've been watching the test when I've had some spare time too, and it has been very exciting, it was right up there with the best.

Reply #960 Posted: February 09, 2014, 05:29:08 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Its possibly because I had thursday and friday off and have been listening on the radio as I work outside, but I think that was one of the best tests I've watched/listened to.

GG Blackcaps!

I agree - I'm not sure if I was that little bit more invested because I spent most of the weekend watching, or because we've been playing better and better so I rated out chances that much higher... Anyway, the contributions from individuals, the highs and lows, and the ebbs and flows of the match were amazing. It's been a long time since I've felt the full range of emotions spectating a test match, and I think the last time was the English tour of some 10 years ago where we came oh so close in Eden Park and just ran out of time to get the win (in a similar way to how we did the same late last year, but I was less invested in that match).

I think for me, seeing our national team finally seeing success after having such an extensive period of being shit at our National summer game (yes it is, like it or not), while our neighbours continue to be so good is a little revelation that has made the summer that much better. I think success in most sports is a combination of coach, captain and players, and certainly the current set up is showing to be a good triangle - long may it continue.

Reply #961 Posted: February 10, 2014, 02:07:52 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Uh oh might not even get to post a chase at this stage.

India turning up to play on the last test match of the season.

Reply #962 Posted: February 16, 2014, 02:14:32 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I have a feeling we are going to bin the match today and lose by an innings

Reply #963 Posted: February 16, 2014, 02:20:10 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline trololololo

• Just settled in
  • trololololo barely matters.trololololo barely matters.
Fuck, have we done well

Reply #964 Posted: February 17, 2014, 06:15:11 pm

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.
Tomorrow is going to be good. I'll have to put it up on the big TV at work. Don't want to miss it.

Reply #965 Posted: February 17, 2014, 06:16:50 pm
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
Boss wants me to come in a day early from my break - I think ill watch the cricket instead _b

Reply #966 Posted: February 17, 2014, 06:17:30 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I spent most of the day on the couch, and it looks like the same plan for tomorrow.
Being on sick leave is good right now.

Reply #967 Posted: February 17, 2014, 06:21:17 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
What an effort from the Watling and McCullum. Particularly pleased to see neesham come in, and bat well as well.

Really hope bmaccas get his triple tomorrow, and the kiwis set the indians a daunting total. We definitely have the players to bowl them out in one day, just need to be focused.

I sadly have to go to work, so gotta have the cricinfo up in the background to constantly check.

Reply #968 Posted: February 17, 2014, 06:23:06 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
I have say that this knock, particularly coming on the back of his last double ton, has changed my view about McCullum as captain.  I thought he was a good batsman, particularly at smacking it round.  But this is an epic captain's knock to almost certainly save - and who knows, maybe win - a test, and with it win a test series.  It has shown real grit and leadership.

TLDR:  I didn't think McCullum was right for the captaincy, and I was wrong.

Reply #969 Posted: February 17, 2014, 07:41:09 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
I to have had a revelation about him. I always saw him as nothing but a wild card, could win a game on his own but 9 times out of 10 failed. Always capable of making a big score but most of time got out to an unnecessarily aggressive shot. But this last couple of games he has shown some great control and restraint which is paying dividends. We also saw similar out of Taylor in the 1-dayers. Looks like they're taking a leaf out of Williamsons book. Its great to watch.

Reply #970 Posted: February 18, 2014, 12:02:45 am
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline exquisite

• I Posted!
  • exquisite has no influence.
The T20 tri series is coming up this Februray between Australian, England and New Zealand, from the 6 'pool' games who do you think will have the most success, and who will be in the final at Eden Park and win? I feel New Zealand have a really good chance as they are playing some good white ball cricket at home

Reply #971 Posted: January 23, 2018, 08:41:27 am