Topic: Ingress

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
The world around you is not what it appears.

Since we're all gamers and some of us like exercising too, Ingress may be of interest to you.

Ingress is an augmented reality territory control game. You take control of portals, reinforce them and link them together to create control fields, which earn your team points. It's fun if you're casual or competitive and it's a great way to encourage you to get more exercise because you'll just get that one portal over there. Ok, no just one more over there so I can make a field. Yeah, just another one.

And the most important thing, especially if you are in Wellington, join the Enlightened (green) team.

Link.

Posted: April 03, 2014, 12:41:39 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Sounds cool, but not available for Windows Phone, so they can burn in hell as can all other devs who only build shitty ios or android apps.

Reply #1 Posted: April 03, 2014, 12:19:39 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
The world around you is not what it appears.

Since we're all gamers and some of us like exercising too, Ingress may be of interest to you.

Ingress is an augmented reality territory control game. You take control of portals, reinforce them and link them together to create control fields, which earn your team points. It's fun if you're casual or competitive and it's a great way to encourage you to get more exercise because you'll just get that one portal over there. Ok, no just one more over there so I can make a field. Yeah, just another one.

And the most important thing, especially if you are in Wellington, join the Enlightened (green) team.

Link.

been playing for a while..  tiss awesome...

Reply #2 Posted: April 03, 2014, 01:39:37 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
I was playing around CHCH ages ago, the amount of in-fighting and whinging both in faction and cross faction made it not worth it. Things may have changed since then

Reply #3 Posted: April 03, 2014, 04:16:25 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

henno

Just got into it. Going to cross faction drinks tomorrow

Reply #4 Posted: April 04, 2014, 12:03:34 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Sounds cool, but not available for Windows Phone, so they can burn in hell as can all other devs who only build shitty ios or android apps.

I'm I the same boat.

Very cool idea though.

Reply #5 Posted: April 04, 2014, 06:03:01 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
So I started playing this last night, only went looking for portals just now

Ended up almost crashing as I looked at the map for a brief second, the person followed me for 20 minutes.

I feel so cool for almost dying, hacking portals, and then escaping.
And you guys are so wrong about walking, the point is to drive (fuck me)

(pissed off that I almost ruined someone's day over a stupid phone app though. That would of looked good in the police statement)

How do I upgrade my shit, and how do I take out someone else's portal? There are a bunch of level 7 portals really close to my house, within 5 minutes walking

Don't drive and play this game, you'll end up causing an accident

Reply #6 Posted: April 09, 2014, 10:07:34 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Use bursters to attack portals. Deploy resonators on portals. The training (called missions in the menu) are pretty good and there are youtube videos explaining basic and advanced techniques too.

Any Aucklanders on the Enlightened team should come downtown on May 17 at 3PM. Auckland is a secondary site for an Anomaly centred in Aus, so it'll be a good time to get high level gear, earn easy AP and see the biggest Enlightened operation ever in NZ.

Reply #7 Posted: April 11, 2014, 12:04:28 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!

Play as a team, I'll be the driver and you can do the portal stuff and shout out directions.

Reply #8 Posted: April 11, 2014, 05:24:02 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Play as a team, I'll be the driver and you can do the portal stuff and shout out directions.

ohh how about squadding up, get a bunch of us in the car :)

Reply #9 Posted: April 11, 2014, 06:52:48 am

We could be the A Team.

Reply #10 Posted: April 11, 2014, 07:07:41 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
We could be the A Team.

All we need is somebody who hates to fly...

Ill be Face, I love me a suit.

Reply #11 Posted: April 11, 2014, 07:18:34 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
We could be the A Team.

All we need is somebody who hates to fly...

Ill be Face, I love me a suit.

All I have is some shitty horse mask.

I'll just be a mascot or something. Maybe i'm just horsing around here.

Also, was dropping off a friend just now, saw someone pull over and pull out a blue-screened phone... Looked at mine quickly (pssh not using a phone while driving is for chumps and people who believe in "no-horseplay"), turns out they were doing something to a portal in the botanic gardens. Kinda cool when you realise why someone pulled over.

Wonder what team they were on.

Does the blue background indicate a blue dominated area, or just an area in which there are portals, because if so, Manukau / manurewa is being dominated by the resistance.

I'm almost tempted to head down to this enlightened rally.

Also news for the iPhone plebs, it's coming to iOS sometime this year. Maybe the app for windows phones will be released at the same time / plans for it are already underway
Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:52:08 pm by `Kayne

Reply #12 Posted: April 11, 2014, 10:50:18 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

I'm going to the botanic gardens today. Hope I don't get sucked into any of these portals.

Reply #13 Posted: April 12, 2014, 11:03:15 am

Offline Arnifix

Ye, blue background will be a resistance field. If you can get a good view, check their name in the top left. It'll be the colour of their team.

Reply #14 Posted: April 15, 2014, 10:54:17 pm

Offline Arnifix

Ingress is out on iOS. Join the Enlightened, take a selfie and send it to me and your agent name. I want to watch you play.

Reply #15 Posted: July 19, 2014, 02:42:41 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Robbie wants a selfie of you to join his friday night special time "bank"

Reply #16 Posted: July 19, 2014, 03:10:36 am

Offline Arnifix

Robbie wants a selfie of you to join his friday night special time "bank"
+1

Reply #17 Posted: July 19, 2014, 11:05:37 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Palmy, in recent days has gone blue.

BLUE EVERYWHERE.

Reply #18 Posted: July 19, 2014, 06:17:09 pm

Offline Speakman

CHCH at present

Reply #19 Posted: July 19, 2014, 07:00:19 pm

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Fucking, fuck you Arni. This is pretty interesting shit. I don't get what the fuck I'm doing yet, but it's interesting shit.

Reply #20 Posted: July 20, 2014, 09:24:05 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Arseynimz

• Administrator
  • Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!Arseynimz is awe-inspiring!
Okay, I had a wander round Auckland last night, and am generally hacking all the portals, and trying my luck elsewhere to learn the game. It's pretty interesting, and definitely does what you think you won't get sucked in to - that is, you start straying off your run/walk line to find the portals... Even if it's just a hundred metres so you come in to range to hack a portal lol.

I'm still getting the hang of it, but overall, do like and am enjoying. I'm Enlightened, of course.

Reply #21 Posted: July 22, 2014, 03:40:23 pm
Maybe if i just click this.....shit...DV gonna be maaaaad!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Palmy is shit for it. Along with a whole lot of other things.

Portals are so spaced out that you have to drive between them. It helps that I run my phone via a USB charger and a cradle. I've also got it linked via bluetooth to my head unit, so it sounds like I'm in some awesome command centre driving around, spying on bad dudes.

Reply #22 Posted: July 22, 2014, 03:51:08 pm

I hope they eventually release this on Windows Phone.

Reply #23 Posted: July 22, 2014, 04:02:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Possibly not.

It's a Google app I believe.

Because you apparently get paid loads, you can just pick up a cheap Android unit to use as an Ingress phone.

Reply #24 Posted: July 22, 2014, 04:19:56 pm