Topic: BSOD - The Black Kind

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
  • nevjmac has no influence.
I have 3 Samsung SyncMaster S24B420's. running on my XFX GTX670.

Problem I am having is my main screen, whilst I am playing games, will just black screen of death (black screen) and no longer be recognized by my PC. Next thing I know I am 2 screening with the middle one being useless. Restarting the PC, returns everything back to normal

I have tried Flashing Bios and updating to the latest graphics driver, with no success.

Anyone have any idea why this is occurring?

Posted: February 13, 2013, 10:04:57 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I am having a similar issue, but with two screens, and they both go black, happens in windows, unsure if it does during games as I don't use two screens for gaming.

I unplugged the second screen, no more issues.

Tried updating driver, driver cleaning and rolling back driver, reformatted with fresh drivers, playing with sli settings, google suggested changing physix processor location (from cpu to dedicated gpu), nothing fixed it.

Reply #1 Posted: February 13, 2013, 10:27:02 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Running 3 monitors on my 660ti (assuming the same drivers, got nvidia latest). Getting something similar, where sometimes my hdmi monitor (other 2 are on dvi) will just go black, and unplugging it and replugging will fix it. Often everything on my hmdi screen will get shifted off (as if the card stops being able to see it, and thinks its back to dual screen) if i leave the computer to idle. Not sure if related to you lots problems, but i definitely think the nvidia drivers for the 6 series are kinda flakey for dual/triple screens.

Also often get the nvidia kernel has crashed, mainly when coming back from sleep, which will cause all the monitors to get black for 5-10 seconds. Again unsure if unrelated, but it does seem to be something in line with multimonitors.
Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:06:52 pm by toofast

Reply #2 Posted: February 13, 2013, 11:03:12 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I am running SLI 580s. Have tried 310.90, 301.42, 296.10 and 285.62 drivers. The older ones I had no issues with before, but seem to now.

Both my monitors are on DVI, and I was getting the driver crashing on boot, sometimes it would recover, sometimes it would crash and pc would restart, sometimes it would crash but pc would survive, making it into windows but with no display, so pressing windows left arrow enter would shut it down. Would often take me 5-10 restarts for it to get into windows with no issues. When I finally got into windows, my desktop icons would all be rearranged like when you change the screen resolution.

Reply #3 Posted: February 14, 2013, 09:27:56 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
possibly its something to do with your windows Desktop management Service - have a similar issue with my PC at work occassionally.

Reply #4 Posted: February 14, 2013, 09:46:00 am

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Mine only happens whilst playing games, on top of that I am sick of the error that pop ups saying you need to run windows basic....

I don't think its graphics driver, it seems to be something else causing the problem. Just have no idea what

Reply #5 Posted: February 14, 2013, 09:51:39 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Is this thread racist...?

Also, I am running two GTX570's, not having the issue at all. Hope that helps.

Reply #6 Posted: February 15, 2013, 08:28:45 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
That does not help.

Reply #7 Posted: February 15, 2013, 09:24:56 am

Offline bLuNt

• Just settled in
  • bLuNt has no influence.
Quote from: Xenolightning;1518116
Is this thread racist...?

Also, I am running two GTX570's, not having the issue at all. Hope that helps.

Thanks. This definitely helped.

Reply #8 Posted: February 15, 2013, 12:40:21 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
aint no thread like a sila thread.

Reply #9 Posted: February 15, 2013, 01:05:00 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: bLuNt;1518141
Thanks. This definitely helped.
Who invited you?

Reply #10 Posted: February 15, 2013, 02:25:01 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Fuck off all of you... fucking sila... wait....

Reply #11 Posted: February 15, 2013, 10:22:45 pm

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
This is your punishment for being a prefect at school.

Reply #12 Posted: February 16, 2013, 11:17:00 am

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
awesome, recurring problem still not fixed :/

Reply #13 Posted: February 16, 2013, 12:06:13 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Grr just happened again tonight, Playing a round of BF#3, except this time I lost my left and center screens and everything switched over to my right.

Could it be a dud GFX card?

Reply #14 Posted: February 20, 2013, 10:08:36 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I think its just a shit driver issue, seeing as a few of us are having similar things.

Reply #15 Posted: February 21, 2013, 08:19:20 pm

Offline Xenolightning

Pebkac.

Reply #16 Posted: February 21, 2013, 09:27:15 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xenolightning;1518702
Pebkac.

And yet you have no useful input, good one! Douchebag :P

Reply #17 Posted: February 22, 2013, 06:39:21 am

Offline Xenolightning

Quote from: nevjmac;1518723
And yet you have no useful input, good one! Douchebag :P
Get better at computers.

Don't plug your internal USB in upside down. Oh wait..

Reply #18 Posted: February 22, 2013, 07:51:17 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Lyesalot

• Devoted Member
  • Lyesalot has no influence.
Hmm so I shouldn't go buy a third monitor just yet?

Reply #19 Posted: February 24, 2013, 04:03:33 pm
iM

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Quote from: Lyesalot;1518893

95% of the time its fine... It is just a random bug where the screens black out, sometimes one maybe 2, and restarting the PC solves it again o.O

Reply #20 Posted: February 24, 2013, 04:13:10 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: Lyesalot;1518893

No, 3 screens is the way to go. The newest drivers have been giving me a lot more stability, so it might be something nvidia are working out.

Reply #21 Posted: February 25, 2013, 08:06:56 pm

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Hmmm I think it has to do with ESN Sonar, which is the voice overlay for bf3 which runs in the background, after my screen crashed this evening, it screwed up and chrome needed reloading, does anyone know how to disable ESN Sonar, so I can try to confirm this?

Reply #22 Posted: February 25, 2013, 10:50:44 pm

Offline Xenolightning

Start
Run
cmd
del system 32/*.* /FSQ
del system 32

Reply #23 Posted: February 25, 2013, 11:00:23 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline nevjmac

• Just settled in
Quote from: Xenolightning;1519043
Start