Topic: Motorcyclists of GetSome

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Finally got out yesterday after just over 6 weeks in hospital. Going to be in a wheelchair for about another 12 weeks until I can put weight on my right leg, at which time I'll be transferring over to crutches for another 6+ months.

Reply #325 Posted: June 21, 2014, 04:25:25 pm
Dr. λcula³

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Good to see you're making progress! Keep up the positive attitude!

Reply #326 Posted: June 21, 2014, 08:51:50 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Finally got out yesterday after just over 6 weeks in hospital. Going to be in a wheelchair for about another 12 weeks until I can put weight on my right leg, at which time I'll be transferring over to crutches for another 6+ months.

Sucky, but beats being dead or paralyzed by a country mile bro.

Reply #327 Posted: June 22, 2014, 07:09:47 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
it won't let me post up attachments - but:

she is Mine, she is in my Garage, She is Puuuuuuurdy, She is Fast, She has MROE POWA!!! (although she is LAMS approved which means she is ECU limited :( at least.... for now....)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:45:47 pm by The Demon Lord

Reply #328 Posted: June 23, 2014, 02:07:19 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Attachments attached finally!

Reply #329 Posted: June 24, 2014, 01:46:00 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!

Reply #330 Posted: September 08, 2014, 01:59:07 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/videos/10471999/Mum-releases-video-of-sons-fatal-motorcycle-crash

http://youtu.be/ukA57DwcOJw

Yep - saw that earlier.

Brutal as fuck - and unlucky for the Rider - he had a 50/50 chance (go in front or behind the car) and chose the wrong one.

Wonder if the driver got charged with anything? me thinks not.

Reply #331 Posted: September 08, 2014, 04:02:35 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/videos/10471999/Mum-releases-video-of-sons-fatal-motorcycle-crash

http://youtu.be/ukA57DwcOJw

Yep - saw that earlier.

Brutal as fuck - and unlucky for the Rider - he had a 50/50 chance (go in front or behind the car) and chose the wrong one.

Wonder if the driver got charged with anything? me thinks not.

Driver was charged even though motorcycle was speeding, because the driver admitted he didn't see the bike or the car behind the bike who subsequently also had an accident avoiding the whole lot.

Reply #332 Posted: September 09, 2014, 06:47:44 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
24 heures du moto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpJRiI69QsU

en français

Reply #333 Posted: September 20, 2014, 10:17:12 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
My panties are wet.

full listing of all there vids  the sexy H2 Kawasaki

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFh2kpaGkqu6Za5l1zIMmXw

Reply #334 Posted: October 02, 2014, 02:21:38 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
Oomph, Dat BoV! <3

Reply #335 Posted: October 02, 2014, 06:30:03 pm
Dr. λcula³

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Looking at getting my first bike. Was wondering if you guys more in the know would consider this a decent deal:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=785334866

Reply #336 Posted: October 21, 2014, 05:51:15 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Lias

• Administrator
  • Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!Lias is awe-inspiring!
Looking at getting my first bike. Was wondering if you guys more in the know would consider this a decent deal:

Seems pretty reasonable.

Reply #337 Posted: October 21, 2014, 06:02:51 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

Seems pretty reasonable.

Indeed - only thing I will say is if you plan on doing a lot of 100 kph riding, you might want to look at a 250, or some of the LAMS approved 300-400cc bikes.

If you plan on just pootling round town, mainly riding at 50 kph - it will be perfect

Reply #338 Posted: October 22, 2014, 09:05:01 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted

Seems pretty reasonable.

Indeed - only thing I will say is if you plan on doing a lot of 100 kph riding, you might want to look at a 250, or some of the LAMS approved 300-400cc bikes.

If you plan on just pootling round town, mainly riding at 50 kph - it will be perfect

this.  i had to ride a mates n125 into town recently and in the 100 k zone the thing was ok but the vibration felt like the danm thing was going to buzz itself to bits, so much so the yoke nut actually loosened and started to unscrew lol.

I agree 250, there are a few 89 - 95 cbr250rr for the price bracket and even the vtr250 or cbr250 are good to look at.
Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:34:13 am by Xsannz

Reply #339 Posted: October 22, 2014, 09:08:53 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
Thanks for the recommendations. Mostly it will be for around town, but I would like the option of going open road with it. I may have to look around a little more.

Reply #340 Posted: October 22, 2014, 05:44:24 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline Lias

• Administrator
Thanks for the recommendations. Mostly it will be for around town, but I would like the option of going open road with it. I may have to look around a little more.

How much and how far open road riding are you thinking of?

You could do Palmy to Welly easily enough on that, but I wouldn't want to do Palmy to Auckland or anything.

If you have the budget for something bigger by all means, but that's cheapish, will do the speed limit give or take, and be economical as fuck around town.

Reply #341 Posted: October 22, 2014, 06:09:16 pm

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
here is my daily, '00 250 Hornet

Reply #342 Posted: October 22, 2014, 06:57:59 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member

How much and how far open road riding are you thinking of?

You could do Palmy to Welly easily enough on that, but I wouldn't want to do Palmy to Auckland or anything.

If you have the budget for something bigger by all means, but that's cheapish, will do the speed limit give or take, and be economical as fuck around town.
Not a lot of open road. Just back home (50km away) on the weekends. I've only got about 2-2.5k budget, 250cc bikes tend to push just outside that range.

Reply #343 Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:28:35 am

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted

didn't know you rode Fez - loving the Striple style headlights

Reply #344 Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:42:02 am

Offline Lias

• Administrator

Not a lot of open road. Just back home (50km away) on the weekends. I've only got about 2-2.5k budget, 250cc bikes tend to push just outside that range.

The 125 will be fine for that dude.

Reply #345 Posted: October 23, 2014, 10:51:04 am

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
Sweet. Cheers for the advice.

Reply #346 Posted: October 23, 2014, 11:34:34 am

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.

I have only been riding for about 4 months now

Reply #347 Posted: October 23, 2014, 06:05:42 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member

I have only been riding for about 4 months now

How much you get that for Fez?

So I decided against the 125cc I was looking at and upping my budget to 5K-ish. Wanting something a bit bigger and more capable of open road trips. I'm quite liking the look of VTR250's but am open to suggestions. What do you lot recommend?.

Reply #348 Posted: November 04, 2014, 06:00:32 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
For 5kish you could get a year or two old zx300 which would be perfect for you or even a cb250

Reply #349 Posted: November 04, 2014, 07:23:02 pm